Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation - Page 5 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsch58 View Post
Bummer about CA. I lived there from 1973-2001 and it was great! SF is a great city too. Use to tour up the coast through the bay area, and was there this past October. Had a blast!

I disagree with it being a Democrats problem. It's a problem both sides have created. Lets not forget what CA once was? Mexico, and "we so called Americans" took it from the people you call illegals.

We were not the first people here in what we call the USA. Have we forgotten? Seems we have or just don't give a **** and sweep our mess under a rug.

Part of the problem was NAFTA. We put them out of work when we started bring our fruits and veggies over the boarder for a cheaper price. They couldnt compete. So where did they go for work? Yes, back over the boarder. Mans got to work and provide for his family.

Now CA has too many people living there and not enough good paying jobs. Should we just let all the Hispanic kids run the streets amuck? or would it be wise to invest in there education and make them productive hard working citizens?

Under the Obama administration they have deported more illegals than Bush did in his 8 years. (Look it up).

I see a lot of people on this forum and other forums spouting God and Country. Do you really believe in God and what the bible says? Doesn't the bible talk about feeding the hungry and clothing the poor? Helping one another? All I see here is people saying "FVCK them"!

We need social programs to grow as a country. However there are people that take advantage of these programs for personal gain. These are the people we need to deal with. I have been on unemployment 2 times in my working life. I don't know what I would have done without it.

I feel bad for CA and states like it that are having a tough time of it. I don't know what the answers are but I do know it's not calling each other retards. This gets us nowhere.

And as far as Michael being Gay or anyone else for that matter, it's none of ones business. It's his choice just like it's my choice to have a women for a wife. I like Michael. He seems like a really nice guy and has nothing but good things to say. I enjoy reading his posts. Plus he rides a FXR! Best HD ever made!!!!

Does the bible say to be a hater towards someone who doesn't believe in what you believe? All the God fearing people say "what would Jesus do"? Do you really think he would ba a hater? I don't think so. I really don't.

I am so ****ing sick of the finger pointing. How's about rather than point blame you do something about it rather than complaining?

Okay, I'm done.

Solve the problem, Don't be the problem.
Thank you for adding some sane content to this topic.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

gretsch58 - Let me add something about my being gay. Most of the reasons I am challenged here have little to do with my being gay. Mostly it is because of my progressive/humanistic view of world and the policies that I think we should follow (like allowing everyone to marry whomever they want to marry their lives to). In other topics my views about love and sex have been challenged, but not here. There are many who have been sold a bill of goods regarding sex and love and they do not know it. I am dumbfounded however by how quickly public opinion has changed regarding same sex marriage in the last four years in particular. So I do believe anyone can learn. But I do appreciate your support.

It is a "cool" day for northern California, cool and exceptionally clear. Nice riding weather so I'm going out for a ride. I've got my heated vest on and will get my first real test of the heated grips I had put on last summer.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #63 (permalink)
IronButt

Ziggy57 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
gretsch58 - Let me add something about my being gay. Most of the reasons I am challenged here have little to do with my being gay. Mostly it is because of my progressive/humanistic view of world

Another misguided statement!
It is mostly because you throw it in everyone's face!! No one on the forum proclaims "I'm not gay" in 90 % of their posts as you do about being gay. Get over it already!
You are just a guy on a forum for motorcycle enthusiasts and it really should make no difference what your sexual preferences are!!

I'm pretty sure there are others here besides me who don't give two schitz!!!
Ziggy57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
IronButt

gretsch58 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
gretsch58 - Let me add something about my being gay. Most of the reasons I am challenged here have little to do with my being gay. Mostly it is because of my progressive/humanistic view of world and the policies that I think we should follow (like allowing everyone to marry whomever they want to marry their lives to). In other topics my views about love and sex have been challenged, but not here. There are many who have been sold a bill of goods regarding sex and love and they do not know it. I am dumbfounded however by how quickly public opinion has changed regarding same sex marriage in the last four years in particular. So I do believe anyone can learn. But I do appreciate your support.

It is a "cool" day for northern California, cool and exceptionally clear. Nice riding weather so I'm going out for a ride. I've got my heated vest on and will get my first real test of the heated grips I had put on last summer.
Enjoy your ride! It's in the 40's here with snow on it's way…. Man I Miss California! I have heated gloves and they work great!!

"Why behave in public when you're living on a play ground" DLR
gretsch58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #65 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
We need social programs to grow as a country.
Quote:
I don't know what the answers are...
Quote:
Solve the problem, Don't be the problem.
Got it, thanks.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
HDSickness - I truly do not think you actually want to be of help in solving the complex problems that California faces. You do not miss an opportunity to belittle those with whom you would have to work to solve the problems. No one from the liberal side of the spectrum is going to listen to you or give you any credibility if you cannot control the insults that you throw at them. So if you want to be part of the solution, try to talk to those with whom you will have to work in a respectful manner. Otherwise, I'll just take you for a another one of the whiners and that's about it.

And for any others of you Californians, if you want to seriously talk about the problems our state with someone who has a progressive approach, I'll respond. If however you only want to tell me how stupid I am for believing what I believe in, then I'll decline a conversation.

I for one do not know what the solutions should be. I'm open to discussing it. Let's see if we can keep this civil and serious.
Mike, did it EVER occur to you that the problem just might be the liberal jackasses that are running the show? I can tell you're not a dumb guy, but if you truly believe some of the sh!t that comes out of you in R&P you are part of the problem in California.

You speak of people getting together to discuss and solve California's problems. There is no reasoning with liberals and do you think discussions have never been tried? What California really needs is for the libs to be somewhere other than in California on election day. California is a case study in how not to run a state, yet people like you will defend to the death the stupid ass policies and beliefs that make California what it is today.
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

Looks like the SCOTUS will be looking into 2 landmark decisions, possibly clearing the way for legalizing same sex marriage for the entire country in one fell swoop.

Oh, and everyone I know says the heated grips never last more than a year, I got the heated (Gerbings) vest, gloves, pants & I have it on good authority I'll get the socks in this year's Christmas sock.
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy57 View Post
It is mostly because you throw it in everyone's face!! No one on the forum proclaims "I'm not gay" in 90 % of their posts as you do about being gay. Get over it already!
You are just a guy on a forum for motorcycle enthusiasts and it really should make no difference what your sexual preferences are!!

Have you ever complained about anyone's "In-your-face-heterosexuality?"
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy57 View Post

Quote:
It is mostly because you throw it in everyone's face!! No one on the forum proclaims "I'm not gay" in 90 % of their posts as you do about being gay.
That is not actually correct. First, if you look at my posts, you will see the subject of who I am romantically attracted to comes up fairly little. It is so shocking to someone like yourself that you cannot remember anything else I have written. Secondly, many, many guys here are constantly proclaiming their heterosexuality. They make a point of saying "wife" or "girl friend" in many of their posts. Or there is a crude joke about attraction to women's breasts.

And of you have not noticed, you left the motorcycle related section of this forum and entered the religion and politics section. Just about all the references I have made to my being gay are in this area. So I would suggest if you can't take the discussion here, get out of this section and stay in the motorcycle sections. That way you won't have to deal with how homosexuality has become a religious and political issue.

The SCOTUS said yesterday that they will take up several questions related to same sex marriage in California (arguments in March, decision in June). This subject is timely for this topic. It is about how we do things in California. If you don't want to read about this, get out of here now because it is likely to be a discussed topic by myself and others.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
Mike, did it EVER occur to you that the problem just might be the liberal jackasses that are running the show? I can tell you're not a dumb guy, but if you truly believe some of the sh!t that comes out of you in R&P you are part of the problem in California.

You speak of people getting together to discuss and solve California's problems. There is no reasoning with liberals and do you think discussions have never been tried? What California really needs is for the libs to be somewhere other than in California on election day. California is a case study in how not to run a state, yet people like you will defend to the death the stupid ass policies and beliefs that make California what it is today.
Quote:
There is no reasoning with liberals
This is why a serious discussion of these topics is impossible with you. You condemn a whole group, including myself.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 XBones View Post
Looks like the SCOTUS will be looking into 2 landmark decisions, possibly clearing the way for legalizing same sex marriage for the entire country in one fell swoop.

Oh, and everyone I know says the heated grips never last more than a year, I got the heated (Gerbings) vest, gloves, pants & I have it on good authority I'll get the socks in this year's Christmas sock.
If SCOTUS wants, they can take a narrow approach to same sex marriage question in the Prop 8 case that won't address any state other than California. So it may not be a sweeping decision. We'll have to wait and see. And in the other matter, DOMA is almost certain to be overturned by SCOTUS. That will not affect same sex marriage, only whether the federal government will have to give the same benefits to married same sex couples as it gives to married opposite sex couples.

I put on Heat Demon heated grips last summer. They worked nice this afternoon. I'll see how long they last.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #72 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
If SCOTUS wants, they can take a narrow approach to same sex marriage question in the Prop 8 case that won't address any state other than California. So it may not be a sweeping decision. We'll have to wait and see. And in the other matter, DOMA is almost certain to be overturned by SCOTUS. That will not affect same sex marriage, only whether the federal government will have to give the same benefits to married same sex couples as it gives to married opposite sex couples.

I put on Heat Demon heated grips last summer. They worked nice this afternoon. I'll see how long they last.
Why don't you just start and participate in a thread about the Gay. EVERY time a thread goes somewhere you don't want it to go it becomes about the gay.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #73 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
This is why a serious discussion of these topics is impossible with you. You condemn a whole group, including myself.

You kill me!!!!

:hyst ria:
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Why don't you just start and participate in a thread about the Gay. EVERY time a thread goes somewhere you don't want it to go it becomes about the gay.
You are another one who from all appearances (i.e., your posts) is obsessed with homosexuality. If you truly believe I turn every topic to "the gay" when I don't like where it is going, it says a lot about what is on your mind and what you remember. You are very plainly disconnected from the reality of what is going on here. Let me make on thing perfectly clear, when I say you are obsessed with homosexuality, I'm not saying you are a closet case. I am saying you appear to be obsessed with the topic of homosexuality for some reason or other that is a mystery to the rest of us, but still obsessed with something that shouldn't be making a difference to you.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #75 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
You are another one who from all appearances (i.e., your posts) is obsessed with homosexuality. If you truly believe I turn every topic to "the gay" when I don't like where it is going, it says a lot about what is on your mind and what you remember. You are very plainly disconnected from the reality of what is going on here. Let me make on thing perfectly clear, when I say you are obsessed with homosexuality, I'm not saying you are a closet case. I am saying you appear to be obsessed with the topic of homosexuality for some reason or other that is a mystery to the rest of us, but still obsessed with something that shouldn't be making a difference to you.

You turned it gay right here:

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/re...ml#post2197200

Til then there was no mention of it. Get over yourself.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.