Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
[QUOTE=Michael Psycle;2197200]So why do make a point of calling San Francisco filthy when you are saying your own city is similar? I don't get it.

I've got another serious question for you. I have been accused by you and others a number of time of needlessly bring up my being gay and bringing the topic up? Why are you doing the same thing here by proclaiming your heterosexuality? If it is inappropriate for me to talk about my sexual and romantic orientation, why is it ok for you to do that?[/QUOTE]

How did he do that? He only mentioned he was there with his wife. He never even mentioned that his wife was female. I have heard male and female homosexuals refer to their partners as husband or wife. Looks to me as usual you are the one who injected sexual or romantic orientation into this topic, not Waffen!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Last edited by utrvp; 11-17-2012 at 02:58 PM.
utrvp is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
Evil Clown

luvstoride is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Should I go on the Internet and find something bad about Greensboro and tell you it is a terrible city? Is that the kind of conversation you want? Seriously.
Did I ever say what a wonderful city Greensboro is? I don't like the place, but I'm stuck here for now. So go ahead and let me have it about what a crappy place it is. I was just trying to point out that SF is not the nirvana you want us to believe it is. Let me ask you just one question, and give it an honest, thoughtful answer. Also, try to answer it without jumping all over the place with drivel. Do you think you could ever be proven wrong, and accept the fact that you are wrong?

Before you ask, I'll just go ahead and tell you. I've been wrong a whole bunch of times.
Helmets: Let those who ride decide.
luvstoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSickness View Post
Here's a good policy: No work, no aid. Meaning you must volunteer, clean parks, pickup trash, help an old lady, something....NO FREE RIDES!
Do illegal drugs? NO AID! Drug test required for aid or assistance.
Quote:
No work, no aid. Meaning you must volunteer, clean parks, pickup trash, help an old lady, something....NO FREE RIDES!
I have no problem with that.

Quote:
Do illegal drugs? NO AID! Drug test required for aid or assistance.
Decriminalize all drugs. The poor use heroin and get busted. The middle class uses Oxycontin (synthetic heroin) and gets it paid for by their medical insurance. Let's stop the hypocrisy about mind altering chemicals.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstoride View Post
Did I ever say what a wonderful city Greensboro is? I don't like the place, but I'm stuck here for now. So go ahead and let me have it about what a crappy place it is. I was just trying to point out that SF is not the nirvana you want us to believe it is. Let me ask you just one question, and give it an honest, thoughtful answer. Also, try to answer it without jumping all over the place with drivel. Do you think you could ever be proven wrong, and accept the fact that you are wrong?

Before you ask, I'll just go ahead and tell you. I've been wrong a whole bunch of times.
You cannot point to a single time when I have said San Francisco is without problems, so please get off your high horse. And we have a lively debate here as to how to deal with these problems.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Evil Clown

I figured you wouldn't/couldn't answer a simple question.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

[quote=utrvp;2197210]
Quote:
So why do make a point of calling San Francisco filthy when you are saying your own city is similar? I don't get it.

I've got another serious question for you. I have been accused by you and others a number of time of needlessly bring up my being gay and bringing the topic up? Why are you doing the same thing here by proclaiming your heterosexuality? If it is inappropriate for me to talk about my sexual and romantic orientation, why is it ok for you to do that?[/QUOTE]

How did he do that? He only mentioned he was there with his wife. I have heard male and female homosexuals refer to their partners as husband or wife. Looks to me as usual you are the one who injected sexuality into this topic, not Waffin!
When I happen to mention here that I have a husband (I am both legally and religiously married), I get called out about bringing up the subject of homosexuality needlessly. Why should it be any different for heterosexuals? You seem to have no idea as to how often guys on this forum proclaim their heterosexuality in many ways and no one calls them out on it. But when I do the same, I get the chorus of voices saying I am bringing it up needlessly.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstoride View Post
I figured you wouldn't/couldn't answer a simple question.
I took your question "Do you think you could ever be proven wrong, and accept the fact that you are wrong?" as a sarcastic disingenuous rhetorical question. It doesn't matter what I answer to that, I believe you have already made up your mind as my being someone who considers himself to never be wrong and there is nothing I can say that would dissuade you of that.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
Evil Clown

Quote:
I took your question "Do you think you could ever be proven wrong, and accept the fact that you are wrong?" as a sarcastic disingenuous rhetorical question.
That pretty well sums up my point. Have a great day.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
I've got another serious question for you. I have been accused by you and others a number of time of needlessly bring up my being gay and bringing the topic up? Why are you doing the same thing here by proclaiming your heterosexuality? If it is inappropriate for me to talk about my sexual and romantic orientation, why is it ok for you to do that?
This takes the twinkie MP. I'll let your words speak to your paranoia.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

HDSickness wants to know Dino or Syn?
[quote=Michael Psycle;2197218]
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post

When I happen to mention here that I have a husband (I am both legally and religiously married), I get called out about bringing up the subject of homosexuality needlessly. Why should it be any different for heterosexuals? You seem to have no idea as to how often guys on this forum proclaim their heterosexuality in many ways and no one calls them out on it. But when I do the same, I get the chorus of voices saying I am bringing it up needlessly.
Nobody calls them out because it is normal. Being gay is not normal,lt never will be, just the way it is, the way God intended it to be no matter how hard you try to force it on the rest of us.
Be a little more "tolerant" of views different than yours.
You are religiously married? So God is in favor of gay marriage?
HDSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yeah, "religiously married husband and husband"? Wow is that a conundrum or what? I also didn't know that God (& the Bible) sanctioned homosexuality.

When considering your posts on the OP's topic and your want to have a "lively discussion" i have to ask, Were you once an Arthur Murray graduate? You have an innate ability to dance around any question without really taking a firm stand on anything unless it relates to being gay and living in SF. You seriously sound like our politicians, speaking out but never really saying anything.
On your being gay, i could not care less about your sexual orientation, my GF's son is gay, my kids' moms brother is gay and it (to me) doesn't change who they are or even define them as a person. I don't understand it, but then again, IT'S NONE OF MY BUSINESS WHO THEY LOVE OR WHAT THEY DO BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. I'd rather not be witness to outward flaunting of their overt sexuality, as i don't do that, don't see why everything has to be so in your F'n face. I don't see heterosexual parades outdoors presented as "normal"......don't see why i have to see that many times a year on the local news. I guess thats what the remotes for...
JMO
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
1bdBagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
CA is not one bit worried about it. In fact they are going to keep on spending. The rest of us are going to pay for it.
1.6 trillion in new taxes think your not going to pay up think again.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #43 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Looks like the Republican party are starting to think like the Democratic party, they are starting to turn against Romney, for his big mouth, they said he needs to just disappear and be quite.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
CA is not one bit worried about it. In fact they are going to keep on spending. The rest of us are going to pay for it.
1.6 trillion in new taxes think your not going to pay up think again.
These tax brakes for everyone was great when the Country was doing great, but now were coming out of a recession, all tax brakes should go with spending cuts put in. Wait isn't this the fiscal cliff, it was put there to be serious about debt reduction.

boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

HDSickness wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
Looks like the Republican party are starting to think like the Democratic party, they are starting to turn against Romney, for his big mouth, they said he needs to just disappear and be quite.

WTF does that have to do with this subject?
Crawl back under your rock.
HDSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement