Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSickness View Post
Here is one simple solution that would save the state 9 billion a year: Stop giving illegals aid.
Thank you for a serious response. Please tell me what kind of aid are you talking about that adds up to 9 billion. And please be specific. If you want me to support cutting aid, I want to know what kind of aid you are talking about.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Thank you for a serious response. Please tell me what kind of aid are you talking about that adds up to 9 billion. And please be specific. If you want me to support cutting aid, I want to know what kind of aid you are talking about.
You never have answers, only criticisms of whatever someone posts. Like the 'welfare' debate, the term 'aid' means many things beyond just the word. Allowing illegals to be in public schools may not be considered 'aid' but it has a cost to the citizens paying taxes.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

blubyubusa wants to know Dino or Syn?
Stupidity

My input is the semi quote "stupidity is doing something the same way over and over and expecting different results." That seems to be what we are doing and Calif is just a few years ahead of the rest of us. I also believe that liberals try to look better by saying they are progressives. I believe that term is starting to mean give more away, and add to the voter base so we can be reelected. I am reminded of the kid in Ohio that got one of the Obama phones, right before the election by the way, with 250 free minutes. He stated on fox news that the 250 minutes (free) was not enough so he had to get a second and he DESERVED more. He said it in a way that the free was not good enough. No wonder they are called entitlement programs. People should have anything they want just because they are born here and the government should take it from the workers and give it to me whether I work or not. I cannot understand someone like Mr. Psycle that thinks the government should take from one and give to another. I was raised that work has its rewards. We have become a nation that rewards the non worker. That is wrong.
blubyubusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Evil Clown

luvstoride is reading this now saying WTF is this? luvstoride is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubyubusa View Post
I was raised that work has its rewards. We have become a nation that rewards the non worker. That is wrong.
That, my friend, is the core of the problem. The other big part of the problem is we are now supposed to fear hurting someones feelings. There is no way possible to keep EVERYONE happy. That's called life. I've had my share of hard knocks in life, but it made me a stronger person. I just cannot imagine where we will be in 10 years going down the path we are on. The "entitlement" mentality is ruining our way of life.
Helmets: Let those who ride decide.
Stop feeding the trolls!
luvstoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
I don't get a sense that you really want to hear what I believe and why and why other than to tell me that I am wrong and stupid for believing what I believe. Your posts are mostly one line put down from an extreme right wing position. I accept that you want to vent your anger and outrage. I have no evidence of you wanting more than that. So I expect that will continue.
Actually I do. I would like to hear reasoned and specific responses to the many questions we have asked you, rather than a sermon about why you defend the indefensible.

Call me a right wing extremist, fine, but that doesn't change the fact that your city is a sewer and progressives like you have made that possible. You also want to impose your policies on the rest of the States, well we in the fly over States don't want your type of hope and change. We would like the Government to follow the rules and get out of the way. Now if that leaves the unwilling on the sidewalk too bad.

Is it so wrong in your eyes to love GOD, Country, babies (born or unborn) and personal freedom to suceed or fail??

But I'm just a right wing extremist hater.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
Actually I do. I would like to hear reasoned and specific responses to the many questions we have asked you, rather than a sermon about why you defend the indefensible.

Call me a right wing extremist, fine, but that doesn't change the fact that your city is a sewer and progressives like you have made that possible. You also want to impose your policies on the rest of the States, well we in the fly over States don't want your type of hope and change. We would like the Government to follow the rules and get out of the way. Now if that leaves the unwilling on the sidewalk too bad.

Is it so wrong in your eyes to love GOD, Country, babies (born or unborn) and personal freedom to suceed or fail??

This is one of the few posts you have made that is not full of invectives and I thank you for that. But I still don't get much of what you are saying or if we are even talking about the same place. San Francisco is one of the most desirable cities in the country in which to live. You may not want to lives here, but others do and keep moving here. Now what pray tell are you talking about when you say the city is a sewer. Have you ever visited San Francisco? Did you ever live here? Was there filth in the streets? Or is this merely another example of your wild exaggerations?

Quote:
Based on many of your former posts, there would be quite a few people who would take that tongue in cheek statement seriously.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubyubusa View Post
My input is the semi quote "stupidity is doing something the same way over and over and expecting different results." That seems to be what we are doing and Calif is just a few years ahead of the rest of us. I also believe that liberals try to look better by saying they are progressives. I believe that term is starting to mean give more away, and add to the voter base so we can be reelected. I am reminded of the kid in Ohio that got one of the Obama phones, right before the election by the way, with 250 free minutes. He stated on fox news that the 250 minutes (free) was not enough so he had to get a second and he DESERVED more. He said it in a way that the free was not good enough. No wonder they are called entitlement programs. People should have anything they want just because they are born here and the government should take it from the workers and give it to me whether I work or not. I cannot understand someone like Mr. Psycle that thinks the government should take from one and give to another. I was raised that work has its rewards. We have become a nation that rewards the non worker. That is wrong.
I heard Mitt Romney saying the same thing, that the only reason he lost the election is that President Obama bought off the electorate by giving them things. As a Democrat, I would encourage you to keep disparaging half the population and see where that gets you and the Republican party.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstoride View Post
That, my friend, is the core of the problem. The other big part of the problem is we are now supposed to fear hurting someones feelings. There is no way possible to keep EVERYONE happy. That's called life. I've had my share of hard knocks in life, but it made me a stronger person. I just cannot imagine where we will be in 10 years going down the path we are on. The "entitlement" mentality is ruining our way of life.
Tell me, is there another country in the world who does what you are referring to better than the USA? Would you like to run our country in regard to the poor like India does? China? Russia? The UK? Germany? Brazil? South Africa? Israel, Egypt? Iran? Malaysia? Mexico? Canada? Sweden? Botswana? Please tell us has good policies so we can learn from them?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Evil Clown

luvstoride is reading this now saying WTF is this? luvstoride is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Tell me, is there another country in the world who does what you are referring to better than the USA? Would you like to run our country in regard to the poor like India does? China? Russia? The UK? Germany? Brazil? South Africa? Israel, Egypt? Iran? Malaysia? Mexico? Canada? Sweden? Botswana? Please tell us has good policies so we can learn from them?
Michael, how can you possible take what I said and turn it into your question? I simply stated what I think. I can still do that, can't I? Did I say anything about other countries doing it better? Am I not allowed, in your mind, to have an opinion?

Let's take your city that you are so proud of. You seem to think that it is the greatest city on earth, which is an OPINION that you have. I have never been there so I can't reasonably discuss that with you. However, after a 2 minute search on Google, I can tell you I probably will never visit it. According to THIS I have a 1 in 138 chance of becoming the victim of a crime. Not very good odds. But, I will not tell you that leaving that city would be a good idea, so please stop trying to dissect my posts. Seriously, I don't post something and wonder what your reaction will be to it. I will say what I want, to whom I want, and live with the consequences. I was merely pointing out that it is not sustainable to keep on doing what we are doing as a country.
Helmets: Let those who ride decide.
Stop feeding the trolls!
luvstoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

HDSickness wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Here's a good policy: No work, no aid. Meaning you must volunteer, clean parks, pickup trash, help an old lady, something....NO FREE RIDES!
Do illegal drugs? NO AID! Drug test required for aid or assistance.
HDSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
This is one of the few posts you have made that is not full of invectives and I thank you for that. But I still don't get much of what you are saying or if we are even talking about the same place. San Francisco is one of the most desirable cities in the country in which to live. You may not want to lives here, but others do and keep moving here. Now what pray tell are you talking about when you say the city is a sewer. Have you ever visited San Francisco? Did you ever live here? Was there filth in the streets? Or is this merely another example of your wild exaggerations?

Based on many of your former posts, there would be quite a few people who would take that tongue in cheek statement seriously.
Been to the city numerous times, stayed for extended periods of time, most recently last year took the wife. I have family in the are if your wondering.

MP ever been been to DC and wandered off the main Federal city limits? It's a sewer as well. Just because you have wonderful gardens and curvy roads doesn't change the fact that the moral and physical underbelly of SF is filthy. Been to China Town and seen the pathetic group of people sitting in the concrete park?

Come on MP I'll even down my own city Colorado Springs. It has nice areas and many dumps. So please don't tell us SF is gods gift.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Michael, how can you possible take what I said and turn it into your question? I simply stated what I think. I can still do that, can't I? Did I say anything about other countries doing it better? Am I not allowed, in your mind, to have an opinion?

Let's take your city that you are so proud of. You seem to think that it is the greatest city on earth, which is an OPINION that you have. I have never been there so I can't reasonably discuss that with you. However, after a 2 minute search on Google, I can tell you I probably will never visit it. According to THIS I have a 1 in 138 chance of becoming the victim of a crime. Not very good odds. But, I will not tell you that leaving that city would be a good idea, so please stop trying to dissect my posts. Seriously, I don't post something and wonder what your reaction will be to it. I will say what I want, to whom I want, and live with the consequences. I was merely pointing out that it is not sustainable to keep on doing what we are doing as a country.
OK, after a two minute search so you find one thing on the Internet which you consider to be negative about San Francisco, a city which you have never visited, and you write off the entire city. San Francisco might not be the "greatest city on earth" but it is a fine place to live and lots of others agree with me if you look at real estate and apartment rental prices. So please don't disparage a city you have never been to and about which you know little. I am on this forum in part to learn from conservative people about what they think and feel. I would like to learn from you and others but all I seem to get is attacks on my beliefs and opinions from not everyone here but a lot of guys who consider themselves to be "conservatives". That makes it difficult to take you and others like yourself seriously. Should I go on the Internet and find something bad about Greensboro and tell you it is a terrible city? Is that the kind of conversation you want? Seriously.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
Been to the city numerous times, stayed for extended periods of time, most recently last year took the wife. I have family in the are if your wondering.

MP ever been been to DC and wandered off the main Federal city limits? It's a sewer as well. Just because you have wonderful gardens and curvy roads doesn't change the fact that the moral and physical underbelly of SF is filthy. Been to China Town and seen the pathetic group of people sitting in the concrete park?

Come on MP I'll even down my own city Colorado Springs. It has nice areas and many dumps. So please don't tell us SF is gods gift.
Quote:
Come on MP I'll even down my own city Colorado Springs. It has nice areas and many dumps.
So why do make a point of calling San Francisco filthy when you are saying your own city is similar? I don't get it.

Quote:
most recently last year took the wife.
I've got another serious question for you. I have been accused by you and others a number of time of needlessly bring up my being gay and bringing the topic up? Why are you doing the same thing here by proclaiming your heterosexuality? If it is inappropriate for me to talk about my sexual and romantic orientation, why is it ok for you to do that?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
OK, after a two minute search so you find one thing on the Internet which you consider to be negative about San Francisco, a city which you have never visited, and you write off the entire city. San Francisco might not be the "greatest city on earth" but it is a fine place to live and lots of others agree with me if you look at real estate and apartment rental prices. So please don't disparage a city you have never been to and about which you know little. I am on this forum in part to learn from conservative people about what they think and feel. I would like to learn from you and others but all I seem to get is attacks on my beliefs and opinions from not everyone here but a lot of guys who consider themselves to be "conservatives". That makes it difficult to take you and others like yourself seriously. Should I go on the Internet and find something bad about Greensboro and tell you it is a terrible city? Is that the kind of conversation you want? Seriously.
Funny, I start a thread about a whole state and you somehow manage to make it about yourself and the city you live in.

The WHOLE state is screwed. It's number 1 for the amount of impoverishment, it's schools rank near the bottom, it's fiscal cliff is worse than Greece, I'd bet it's income disparity is wider than just about any other state and what do you people do? You vote for even MORE of the same and then walk around crowing about how "progressive" and fantastic you all are.

What a shame. I love visiting the state but someone would have to be a fool to want to open a business there and obviously plenty think it foolish to stay and if possible are relocating.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:

I lived in the Bay Area for three years and have visited San Francisco quite a few times. Like most cities it has two sides, the one they want you to see and the one they don't. Personally I think San Francisco is probably the most scenic city in the country at least as far as I have seen. There is a lot to do there both good and bad. I would never want to live in any city but I can't imagine going to California without visiting San Francisco. Last time I was there I rode 200 miles out of my way to get some photos of the Golden Gate and to have dinner at Fishermans Wharf. The city itself however is not the problem, it is the politics and the culture. Almost anything goes in San Francisco and I have seen a lot of things in some of the tourist areas where kids are likely to be that is not approiate for children. I have been approached by prostitutes in Fishermans Wharf in the middle of the day while walking with my wife and family. It also seems to be quite expensive in San Francisco which I believe to be at least in part to high taxes and fees imposed on merchants and property owners there. I seriously considered staying in California and since leaving, going back however while I have nothing bad to say about San Francisco or California with the state being run into the ground by liberals and their oppressive gun laws I could not go back there to live if I wanted to!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement