Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation - Page 12 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #166 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Relax we will just tax the rich and pay off the schools bills. No wait we just table the bills and use the cash for teachers vacation funds.
Yep that what we will do. CA you are not going to change it
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #167 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just thinking off the top of my empty head, for 2013 California nitwits can look forward to :

1. Higher property taxes.
2. Higher sales tax.
3. Higher DMV taxes.
4. Fireman's pension tax (Huntington Beach).

This isn't "maybe" stuff of Fed stuff, this is guaranteed state/local stuff.

Will this help to fix anything? Sure, just like "they" told us the last time.

We also like holding records in California :

1. Most unfriendly state in the nation toward businesses.
2. Highest sales tax in the nation.
3. Most friendly state to illegals.
4. Most oppressive EPA, CARB, SCAQMD regulations in the nation.

We also don't believe in "checks and balances" for government :

1. State Assembly - Democrat majority.
2. State Senate - Democrat majority.
3. Governor - Democrat.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #168 (permalink)
NRA Life

Just saw this on Drudge :

Quote:
California's Population is Moving Out, Census Report Shows

About 100,000 more people moved away from California in 2011 than relocated to the Golden State, according to the latest report from the U.S. Census Bureau. The trend can be explained, in part, in monetary terms. Even in an economic boom, the cost of living in California has increased, prompting people to move out, and, in recent years, unemployment in the state has skyrocketed.

So, where are these former Californians going? The Census Bureau calculates that the most popular destination is Texas (58,992), a state that is luring California companies. Thatís followed by Arizona (49,635), Nevada (40,114), Washington (38,421) and Oregon (34,214).
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...182914961.html

- Robert Bosch
Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #169 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
Just saw this on Drudge :

Quote:
California's Population is Moving Out, Census Report Shows

About 100,000 more people moved away from California in 2011 than relocated to the Golden State, according to the latest report from the U.S. Census Bureau. The trend can be explained, in part, in monetary terms. Even in an economic boom, the cost of living in California has increased, prompting people to move out, and, in recent years, unemployment in the state has skyrocketed.

So, where are these former Californians going? The Census Bureau calculates that the most popular destination is Texas (58,992), a state that is luring California companies. Thatís followed by Arizona (49,635), Nevada (40,114), Washington (38,421) and Oregon (34,214).

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...182914961.html
So 58,922 + 49,635 + 40,114 + 38,421 + 34,214 = 100,000 ?

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #170 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
That's federal math. The do it different in D.C.
jammer45u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #171 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
G, luv, B - I've read a your responses. I have nothing else to add to what I previously wrote. I don't what to keep going over the same points and I see nothing new in your responses that warrants a new response from me. If you personally want to discount everything I wrote in this topic, I can't stop you. If you want to learn something from my posts about what it is like to be part of a despised minority in America, I ask you to reread my posts. I am speaking for myself in these posts and not anyone else. There is however a lot in my posts that might help you with dealing with members of your extended family and friends who happen to be gay. I've told you what it is like from the inside for one gay man. The choice is now yours.
I believe your constant pissing and moaning comes more from your "liberal" style of stomping your feet and demanding you be given what you want rather than from your sexual orientation. You want everyone to agree with you. I don't, many others don't. You don't seem to comprehend that most if not all of us here, me included, harbor no animosity toward you personally or toward your sexual preference.

What you fail to understand is that no amount of "education" from/by you will get me to accept gay marriage or homosexual behavior as being ok in general in the world.

Many of us have a different viewpoint for Biblical based reasons, and don't lecture me on what is and/or isn't in the Bible. It says what it means and it means what it says.

I have gay family members and none of them have been "abused" by family for their preference. They are loved and cherished. They are not rejected, but their behavior not accepted.

I cringe and find your condescending references to my need for education by you to be zany at best.

I don't spend much time thinking about sexuality in general, typically only here where it's thrown up in my face by you on a regular basis. You're selling, I'm not buying.
Naturally, the common people don't want war, neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But the people can be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for their lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.

Hermann Goering at the Nuremburg Trials
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #172 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
My guess is you take the total of those move out #'s and subtract the move ins for a net move out of bout 100k. I didn't bother to research and prove that buy it seems logical ....no??

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #173 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
I believe your constant pissing and moaning comes more from your "liberal" style of stomping your feet and demanding you be given what you want rather than from your sexual orientation. You want everyone to agree with you. I don't, many others don't. You don't seem to comprehend that most if not all of us here, me included, harbor no animosity toward you personally or toward your sexual preference.

What you fail to understand is that no amount of "education" from/by you will get me to accept gay marriage or homosexual behavior as being ok in general in the world.

Many of us have a different viewpoint for Biblical based reasons, and don't lecture me on what is and/or isn't in the Bible. It says what it means and it means what it says.

I have gay family members and none of them have been "abused" by family for their preference. They are loved and cherished. They are not rejected, but their behavior not accepted.

I cringe and find your condescending references to my need for education by you to be zany at best.

I don't spend much time thinking about sexuality in general, typically only here where it's thrown up in my face by you on a regular basis. You're selling, I'm not buying.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #174 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post

I also agree on many levels and although i don't share your (and others) biblical views, i also don't think i need to be schooled on human sexuality or politics. One thing i wish you would embrace Michael is directly answering a question, instead of dancing around whatever issue is at hand. I cannot name one instance other than Gay rights that you have taken a position on and actually debated it, without either making an excuse or sidestepping the issue altogether. I have had family members close to me who are gay and as far as i'm concerned their choice of sexual preference doesn't have to define them as a person. I don't understand it, and i think everyone ought to be afforded the same basic civil rights regardless of sexual preference, but thats just my opinion. To be honest i'd rather talk about bikes than hear about your 'gayness' and i'd also not like to see so much overly sexual (GAY or otherwise) displays in public but again, just my opinion and the gay and lesbian seems bent on ramming this lifestyle down our collective throats. I don't have to publicly display my 'heteroness' to everyone in the world....
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
1bdBagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #175 (permalink)
NRA Life

Quote:
So 58,922 + 49,635 + 40,114 + 38,421 + 34,214 - "moved in" = 100,000
Like this ^

- Robert Bosch
Old 12-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #176 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Like this ^
Ya like that

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #177 (permalink)
NRA Life

Quote:
G, luv, B - I've read a your responses. I have nothing else to add to what I previously wrote. I don't what to keep going over the same points and I see nothing new in your responses that warrants a new response from me. If you personally want to discount everything I wrote in this topic, I can't stop you. If you want to learn something from my posts about what it is like to be part of a despised minority in America, I ask you to reread my posts. I am speaking for myself in these posts and not anyone else. There is however a lot in my posts that might help you with dealing with members of your extended family and friends who happen to be gay. I've told you what it is like from the inside for one gay man. The choice is now yours.
Can anybody number the threads you have hi-jacked and ruined? Does anybody out here care that you are not a happy man?

- Robert Bosch
Old 12-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #178 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Can anybody number the threads you have hi-jacked and ruined? Does anybody out here care that you are not a happy man?
And to think I believed it was my fault for having a wife.

w
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #179 (permalink)
Evil Clown

luvstoride is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Honestly Michael, I don't want to learn from your posts. That's where we disconnect.

You left the choice up to me whether or not I want to expand my knowledge of homosexuality. My answer is no.

All in all, I believe you are a good guy, you just have a bad attitude.

As far as the problems in Cali go, I truly believe it's only a matter of time. Even worse, it seems the whole country is headed down an unsustainable path. I feel sorry for my kids. They will be the ones that really have to "pay the piper".
Helmets: Let those who ride decide.
luvstoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #180 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
No need to respond.

I feel like I am part of a despised minority.

I do have a family member who is gay and I have never had a problem relating to her nor do I harbor any ill feelings toward her because of it. I also have never once heard her complain about how she is treated because of her lifestyle or had her try to educate me on what it is like to be gay. I think that says a lot because I am comparing how tough it might be to be a gay man in San Francisco vs being a gay woman in Wisconsin. Hmmmmm, tough comparison. No, not really.

I'm not sure what the choice is that I need to make.
I also know people that are gay (both sides of the fence) and the difference I see with them is they don't spend their days playing the victim. In fact, I've never known any of them to say or do anything that would indicate they're gay. They conduct themselves like anyone else just living their lives and in return they get treated as such. One in particular showed up one day with a couple of guys that made it a point to let us all know about their lifestyle and did nothing except make asses of themselves. The person that brought them later apologized for their behavior.

So, that leads me to wonder that in this day and age if gay's are really as bad off as they say, or if their conduct doesn't have at least a little to do with how they're treated. Same goes for all the other groups that like to whine about how they are treated like sh!t. If you act like an asshole you should expect to be treated like an asshole.
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement