Congrats Californians, you now lead the nation - Page 10 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #136 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarrell View Post
Hamilton,

I tried several times to get us back on topic, but that's OK. Clearly, I was unsuccessful.

And BTW, I've found several of your comments to be quite insightful. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do, I was trying to offer an opinion as to a way to get started on solving a problem.

Maybe you're right though....I'm new here, so maybe I should sit on the sidelines for a while. I thought maybe I could offer a fresh perspective, but you make a good point, maybe I should work on understanding the group dynamic here first.
You're fine and glad to have you here, and you'll be up to speed real quick. You will see that people come out here to reinforce their political and religious points of view, not to get them changed. Argue your point, then let it be.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #137 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarrell View Post
I'm new here, so maybe I should sit on the sidelines for a while. I thought maybe I could offer a fresh perspective, but you make a good point, maybe I should work on understanding the group dynamic here first.
Just jump right in and post away. If the " Post Count Whores" don't like it, they'll whine for a bit and then get over it.

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #138 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
LOL WEBCO that was funny
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #139 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post
Just jump right in and post away. If the " Post Count Whores" don't like it, they'll whine for a bit and then get over it.

At a rate of 2200 posts anually, you definitely qualify for the "post whore" moniker, but no one can challenge Danny Boy's post whore supremacy.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #140 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
If current political questions regarding homosexual and same sex marriage bother you so, then why are you in the religion and politics section of the forum? Pick up a copy of today's newspaper and you will probably find several stories about same sex marriage and the SCOTUS decision to accept several cases in this regard. You can stick your own head in the sand, but it won't change what is happening in the real world. And I never said you criticized my partner. And I did not criticize waffen's partner. I merely pointed out how he and others keep proclaiming their heterosexuality. Have you ever mentioned having a wife or girlfriend on this forum? If so, you are guilty of what you accuse me of.

And this may be news to you, but a significant and growing number of gay men and lesbians have children. Having children is not restricted to heterosexuals. I keep hearing stories of young lesbian and gay male couples being "pressured" by their families to have children. Now that's a turn of events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
I'm beginning to think I'm in a Rod Serling Twilight Zone episode. Waffen mentioned he went somewhere with his wife and that's what started a homosexual rant? Never imagined I'd see someone called out for using the dastardly term, "my wife." And of course, another thread drifts to homosexual rights. Waffen, how could you have done this?

Thought I'd throw this out since this thread has gone to hell anyway, a couple of characteristics of narcissism are, "An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges" and "Claiming to be an expert at many things." Just thought folks might be interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
Hold the fuk'n phone there for a sec. I've mentioned my wife more than a few times in various threads, the most recent being about her getting punched in the face by some whack ass. So what you are saying is that by mentioning my wife in that or any other post even though the event involved her I'm in some way proclaiming my heterosexuality???

I've also mentioned my son's girlfriend and my step-son's girlfriend. I've mentioned my daughter's husband. I've mentioned my step-daughter's jackass boyfriend (yes, I am purposely proclaiming him to be a jackass). So by mentioning all of these heterosexual relationships I am somehow promoting or bashing a particular sexual preference???

Did I miss something? Has it been 'proclaimed' that speaking of anything that involves a heterosexual relationship is not politically correct? I am sitting here more baffled right now than I was when I found that Barry got reelected.

So.....if I said I spilled something on my shirt, would that make me anti-nudity?

This line of reasoning is FUKING RIDICULOUS!

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #141 (permalink)
Evil Clown

luvstoride is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Are you really serious and don't understand. OK. Here goes.

When a man says he has a wife, he is saying he is heterosexual.

When a man says he has a husband, he is indicating he is homosexual.

When a woman says she has a husband, she is saying she is heterosexual.

When a woman says she has a wife, she is saying she is a lesbian.

Are you less confused now?
No, not really. You claim because Waffen said he has a wife, he was proclaiming his heterosexuality, and managed to turn this thread into a discussion of sexuality. Because he mentioned his wife in a post. That is where I lose your line of reason. Could you expand on that? If I am having a conversation with my gay friend at work, and mention my wife, he does not take it as me proclaiming my hetro-ness. He in fact would probably think I mentioned my wife because it pertained to the conversation. I think you may be grabbing at straws here where none exist.
Helmets: Let those who ride decide.
luvstoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I made a serious attempt in my post #116 to get this back on track. No one pickedup on it. Seems just about everyone is more interested in discussing sexuality than discussing poverty in California. OK with me.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #143 (permalink)
Evil Clown

luvstoride is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Michael, I am truly interested in your reply to my post. Since you side-stepped it am I to assume you have no reply? Let me ask it in a simpler form. Do you really believe that by virtue of mentioning his wife, Waffen was proclaiming his heterosexuality? And, by mentioning her, he intended to turn this thread into a discussion on sexuality? I am seriously interested in your answer.
Helmets: Let those who ride decide.
luvstoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #144 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
BOUTYM - Why is bestiality of such an interest to you? You have now made several posts referring to bestiality. Why are you pressing this subject?
Oh NO!!! You don't get off that easy. You made the 'proclamation' so defend it.

I'm starting to see a pattern here that I see in many, many libs. They throw sh!t out there, it goes South and then they have no recourse except to resort to the same insults they claim to have such disdain for because they find themselves backed into a corner. Christ Mike... for a while there I hoped we had actually met our match. Guess the quest continues...

BTW, in keeping with your frequent request of everyone that disagrees with you, how about answering my farmer question intelligently instead of dodging it or resorting to insults. After all, I'm only catering to your ongoing wish to have a discussion.
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #145 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
I made a serious attempt in my post #116 to get this back on track. No one pickedup on it. Seems just about everyone is more interested in discussing sexuality than discussing poverty in California. OK with me.
No, not really. They're not interested in discussing sexuality. They're interested if you really believe that referring to one's wife is a proclamation of heterosexuality offensive to homosexuals. BTW, pretty lame effort on the dodge though. Tough to have to acknowledge you turn every R&P thread into preaching about your single issue, eh? Especially since you've steadfastly claimed you don't.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #146 (permalink)
IronButt

Richard001 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Micheal

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Winter Solstice or Happy Holiday Whichever works for you. No Disrespect intended
I Love my heterosexual (I think) Wife and family but and not disposed to think ill of other lifestyles. Just not my cross to bear.
As to California's economy I am disposed to believe that the population will not push for change until they feel the pain of irresponsible spending. The same applies for the rest of the county.
Micheal you did offer conservatives some good advice in a earlier post.
If we continue the name calling we will lose any chance to turn this mess around,.
Richard001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstoride View Post
Michael, I am truly interested in your reply to my post. Since you side-stepped it am I to assume you have no reply? Let me ask it in a simpler form. Do you really believe that by virtue of mentioning his wife, Waffen was proclaiming his heterosexuality? And, by mentioning her, he intended to turn this thread into a discussion on sexuality? I am seriously interested in your answer.
Quote:
Do you really believe that by virtue of mentioning his wife, Waffen was proclaiming his heterosexuality?
Here is a serious answer. No and yes. The no part has to do with his being totally unaware of how what he was saying is being heard. He and you live in a heterosexual world. Either of you may know to some degree gay people but you probably have very little idea as to how you are heard by homosexuals. The yes part has to do with the fact that in this society if a man says he has a wife, he is not only saying he is partnered, he is also making a specific statement as to his sexual orientation.

Do I think that is wrong or inappropriate? No. I would like to live in a world where we all can talk about who we are on this forum without fear of having to be the subject of abusive language. I could have used numerous other examples of guys talking about their wives or girlfriends, but I chose that time. I had lots of opportunities.

There are thousands of members of this forum. To my knowledge, I am the only openly gay person here. A number of other gay men have written me private messages thanking me for being open but indicating for one reason or another, it was not safe to be openly gay here. In another topic today I read a rant from one regular poster here describing homosexuality in fairly vile terms. Such is what life is like for a gay person on this forum. It just is not safe for most of them to come out. I on the other hand can deal with this for whatever reasons. So I talk about myself as a gay man and suddenly the discussion turns to that.

Quote:
And, by mentioning her, he intended to turn this thread into a discussion on sexuality?
Of course not. That was no where in his mind.

Quote:
Since you side-stepped it am I to assume you have no reply? Let me ask it in a simpler form.
Do you think it is helpful to the discussion for you to address me in a condescending manner? Do you understand that makes me less likely to pay attention to what you write? Again, I don't think you understand how you are being heard. I try my best to address you in a polite manner. I would appreciate the same from you.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #148 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard001 View Post
Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Winter Solstice or Happy Holiday Whichever works for you. No Disrespect intended
I Love my heterosexual (I think) Wife and family but and not disposed to think ill of other lifestyles. Just not my cross to bear.
As to California's economy I am disposed to believe that the population will not push for change until they feel the pain of irresponsible spending. The same applies for the rest of the county.
Micheal you did offer conservatives some good advice in a earlier post.
If we continue the name calling we will lose any chance to turn this mess around,.
Thank you Richard. I also wish you and your family the happiest of holidays. I generally spend Christmas with Christian friends and can feel the warmth of their love for God and people.

As to how to solves the problems of poverty in California or elsewhere, I don't know. I just know we in the US have not been able to do as good a job as other developed countries have been in making sure relatively few people live below the poverty line. I know we can do better but because of economic and political forces going on now, I fear it will get worse.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #149 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
No, not really. They're not interested in discussing sexuality. They're interested if you really believe that referring to one's wife is a proclamation of heterosexuality offensive to homosexuals. BTW, pretty lame effort on the dodge though. Tough to have to acknowledge you turn every R&P thread into preaching about your single issue, eh? Especially since you've steadfastly claimed you don't.
Of course not. That was never my point. See what I wrote a couple of posts back about how it is to be homosexual in a heterosexual world. Being homosexual means being part of a constantly disparaged minority. If I say it is ok to be gay, I get dumped on. Yet others keep indicating their heterosexuality and no one disparages them. If you look a number of posts back, bestiality was again brought into the discussion. Imagine being regularly told your kind of love with your wife is similar to having sex with animals.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #150 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
Oh NO!!! You don't get off that easy. You made the 'proclamation' so defend it.

I'm starting to see a pattern here that I see in many, many libs. They throw sh!t out there, it goes South and then they have no recourse except to resort to the same insults they claim to have such disdain for because they find themselves backed into a corner. Christ Mike... for a while there I hoped we had actually met our match. Guess the quest continues...

BTW, in keeping with your frequent request of everyone that disagrees with you, how about answering my farmer question intelligently instead of dodging it or resorting to insults. After all, I'm only catering to your ongoing wish to have a discussion.
When you start addressing me in a more polite manner, I may be willing to have a serous discussion with you. Until then I will choose to comment upon certain posts you make and probably little more. I honestly have never gotten the impression that you wanted to seriously discuss anything with me and learn how I see things. Mostly what I get from you is a desire to tell me how stupid I am for believing what I believe. That does not motivate me to take your questions seriously. There are other conservative people here with whom I enjoy talking and learning from them. Right now you are not included.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement