BP pleads GUILTY to criminal misconduct and LYING to Congress about oil well disaster : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Exclamation BP pleads GUILTY to criminal misconduct and LYING to Congress about oil well disaster

Well, it took more than 2 years in court, but BP plead guilty to criminal misconduct and lying to Congress about the rate of which their Macondo well was leaking after the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico back in spring 2010. 11 people died that day, and BP's well continued to leak into the GOM for 87 days. They were fined $4.5 billion.

BP was guilty of deliberately low-balling the rate at which their Macondo well was leaking into the GOM because their liability was directly tied to the number of barrels of oil that flow into the ocean.

Glad that Congress was persistent in collecting enough evidence to have led to this verdict and brought closure to this part.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...0,655079.story

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

hdrider82 wants to know Dino or Syn?
they got over easy!!!! i for one will never buy one cent of there gas. 11 people dead. they knew about it. that is what they think about there people. very sad.
Stuff
More stuff
hdrider82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Well, it took more than 2 years in court, but BP plead guilty to criminal misconduct and lying to Congress about the rate of which their Macondo well was leaking after the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico back in spring 2010. 11 people died that day, and BP's well continued to leak into the GOM for 87 days. They were fined $4.5 billion.

BP was guilty of deliberately low-balling the rate at which their Macondo well was leaking into the GOM because their liability was directly tied to the number of barrels of oil that flow into the ocean.

Glad that Congress was persistent in collecting enough evidence to have led to this verdict and brought closure to this part.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...0,655079.story
Hey I see you found a new distraction from Obama's failures.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I'd like to know how they COULD actually know the number, just another distraction.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Hey I see you found a new distraction from Obama's failures.
The only distraction was the ignorant rightwingnuts paying homage to BP insisting that it wasn't their fault. Try and keep up from now on.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Schweeeet...they can use the cash to help offset the $16 Billion loss at the post office this year. (sure it's only 1/4 of just one year's postage stamp deficit, but every little bit helps)
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
I'd like to know how they COULD actually know the number, just another distraction.
Simple, knowing the size of the pipe and the amount of pressure it's easy to calculate. I'm a high school dropout and that question was too easy to answer.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Simple, knowing the size of the pipe and the amount of pressure it's easy to calculate. I'm a high school dropout and that question was too easy to answer.

This should be interesting.

crude oil, 6" inside Diameter (ID) orifice, at 8000 psi

What's the flow in gpm?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Obviously it is Obama's fault.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
The families of the 11 dead might find it more than a distraction. Obama is a problem, but there are other problems in the world as well. Shame you and the Woodpecker can't recognize that. A one track mind is a very limited mind.

BTW, we don't need no stinkin' regulations on those citizen corporations, do we?

Last edited by Lefty; 11-16-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Schweeeet...they can use the cash to help offset the $16 Billion loss at the post office this year. (sure it's only 1/4 of just one year's postage stamp deficit, but every little bit helps)
If you read the article at the link i posted you would know that 80% of it is going to restore damaged areas along the gulf coast.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
If you read the article at the link i posted you would know that 80% of it is going to restore damaged areas along the gulf coast.
In other words, the result would have been the same without the 2 years of court and just making BP pay for the cleanup and restoration. But I guess that wouldn't have been dramatic enough.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Though I think it will be a long time if ever that we truly understand this catastrophe, I'm glad BP is being held accountable.

Now I wonder when the gov't officials who had oversight in this operation will face the same scrutiny...?
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Danglide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
USPS is a separate entity from the gov't.the postal service is in the red because they are prohibited by law from making a profit,and can't decrease service or raise prices without congressional approval.
that,and the prefunding of retirement,retirement is already paid 75 years into the future.it's the only entity in the world required to do that.Retirement is already paid for people that haven't been born yet.

there is a contingent in congress that wants to take the profitable segments of the usps business and hand them over to corporations,so it's my personal belief that congress,being owned by corporations,is purposely breaking the usps to justify this.

2002 Superglide
2012 Road glide Ultra T-header,T-max,Tuned Induction
Danglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
In other words, the result would have been the same without the 2 years of court and just making BP pay for the cleanup and restoration. But I guess that wouldn't have been dramatic enough.
Enlighten us to how to "just make BP pay for the clean up" ?

Last edited by compressor#v; 11-16-2012 at 09:08 PM.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement