Newest Only in America Top 10 List : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Newest Only in America Top 10 List

I hope it is okay to post this here as this is basically a political list.

TOP-10 "Only In America" Observations

1) Only in America, could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.

2) Only in America, could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black.

3) Only in America, could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

4) Only in America, can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

5) Only in America, would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.

6) Only in America, could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."

7) Only in America, could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

8) Only in America, could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

9) Only in America, could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

10) Only in America, could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

Personally I believe all of the above are true statements. All of this happened or is happening as we speak. Admittedly this list all basically applies to the left.

To number 3 you can add Warren Buffet who claims he should be paying more in taxes while he is in court fighting to keep from paying the tax he already owes because he failed to pay enough in the previous 5 years! Also a big AMEN to number 6.

Also on number 5, does the dream act apply only to Mexicans or to any and all immigrants who are already here? While I do not support the Dream Act, if only to Mexicans, why and if not to the rest of the world, why not?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
You're obviously a racial wingnut extremist that has no clue how the world works for even attempting to bring to light the senselessness of the left. What you really need to do to get your head on straight is give all your sh!t away and join the Occupy movement where you will find enlightenment.
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
You're obviously a racial wingnut extremist that has no clue how the world works for even attempting to bring to light the senselessness of the left. What you really need to do to get your head on straight is give all your sh!t away and join the Occupy movement where you will find enlightenment.
You sir are absolutely correct. I am so ashamed! I will be posting all my worldly possessions on Ebay and contacting my local OWS organization. I will be taking care of all this as soon as I quit my jobs and apply for unemployment, food stamps and medicaid.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
You sir are absolutely correct. I am so ashamed! I will be posting all my worldly possessions on Ebay and contacting my local OWS organization. I will be taking care of all this as soon as I quit my jobs and apply for unemployment, food stamps and medicaid.
Better hurry, there may be a long line of others doing the same.
jammer45u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Oh no, no, no!!! You misunderstand! Ebay implies that you intend to sell your sh!t. That's not fair because there may be those that while having the money to pay for the resources necessary to even view Ebay (and smokes, liquor, iPads, iPhones, big screen TV, a Beamer or Benz, gold dental work, pinstriped nails, etc.) may not be fortunate enough to actually pay you for your sh!t. Therefore it is a moral imperative that you simply give your sh!t away.

Damn, you SO need to be enlightened.
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUTYM View Post
Oh no, no, no!!! You misunderstand! Ebay implies that you intend to sell your sh!t. That's not fair because there may be those that while having the money to pay for the resources necessary to even view Ebay (and smokes, liquor, iPads, iPhones, big screen TV, a Beamer or Benz, gold dental work, pinstriped nails, etc.) may not be fortunate enough to actually pay you for your sh!t. Therefore it is a moral imperative that you simply give your sh!t away.

Damn, you SO need to be enlightened.
Give me a break. I'm new to this touchy feely, feel good, liberal, let the government take care of me stuff. I'm already starting to wonder if it is really worth it. Next thing you know you are going to be telling me I have to support green energy, believe in global warming, political correctness, free contraceptives and all that stuff.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Give me a break. I'm new to this touchy feely, feel good, liberal, let the government take care of me stuff. I'm already starting to wonder if it is really worth it. Next thing you know you are going to be telling me I have to support green energy, believe in global warming, political correctness, free contraceptives and all that stuff.
I don't know about all of that, but it has been determined that the Earth is in no way capable of taking care of itself. So, yes. You must do your part to help it come to the realization that it also must become dependent.

I can see that you really don't have the attitude necessary to join the ranks of the chosen people. Let whoever have mercy upon your soul. I would have said God, but apparently he's been benched.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
I hope it is okay to post this here as this is basically a political list.

TOP-10 "Only In America" Observations

1) Only in America, could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.

2) Only in America, could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black.

3) Only in America, could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

4) Only in America, can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

5) Only in America, would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.

6) Only in America, could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."

7) Only in America, could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

8) Only in America, could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

9) Only in America, could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

10) Only in America, could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

Personally I believe all of the above are true statements. All of this happened or is happening as we speak. Admittedly this list all basically applies to the left.

To number 3 you can add Warren Buffet who claims he should be paying more in taxes while he is in court fighting to keep from paying the tax he already owes because he failed to pay enough in the previous 5 years! Also a big AMEN to number 6.

Also on number 5, does the dream act apply only to Mexicans or to any and all immigrants who are already here? While I do not support the Dream Act, if only to Mexicans, why and if not to the rest of the world, why not?
Did you write this yourself, or did you use someone else's words without attibution?
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Did you write this yourself, or did you use someone else's words without attibution?
What is attibution?
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Does it really matter who came up with the list when they are undeniable truths?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytp1 View Post
What is attibution?
It's a fancy term for acknowledging the author when thoughts and words are not your own.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytp1 View Post
What is attibution?
And whats the difference? I guess when facing FACTS, the only defense is to attack the op's possible lack of giving credit to an author?

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
I did not write it myself nor did I in anyway attempt to lead anyone to believe I did. The fact is I have no idea who wrote it. It came to me in an email. Now that I answered your question please answer the question others have already asked, What difference does it make?

BTW, if you are going to use "fancy" words you should learn to spell them or at least use spell check before you post. It takes away from the point you were trying to make and makes you look silly.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
AS I read through this topic, I am happy to see that none of you so called conservatives who have posted here have learned anything from the last election. Please keep saying the kinds of things you have been saying here and similar stuff elsewhere. The American public did not buy it in the last two presidential elections and I doubt the electorate will buy it in the future. Even Newt Gingrich said last night on Stephen Colbert that the Republican party has to learn from the last election that its extreme positions were not shared by the electorate. Now I may not be quoting him exactly but that was the essence. So while I find much of what is said by the radical right to be repugnant, it does help the people to vote for a center/left moderate like Obama.

And many Democrats are hoping the Republicans do not learn from this election and nominate Paul Ryan or someone with similar ideas next time. (How about Rick Santorum)?
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
a center/left moderate like Obama.?

Only in your dreams.

First he talks about $3 in reductions of spending for every $1 raise in taxes.
Then it's $1.5 reduction in spending for every $1 raise in taxes.
Now it's $3 raise in taxes per $1 cut in spending.

He can't help himself, he loves him some tax raises. Which is fine, I'm gonna jump on the handout bandwagon myself in a little while too.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement