ObamaCare Layoffs - Elections have Consequences - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #46 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I am talking on the phone with I guy I work with who does residential.
Would that be considered Trash Talk?

Join the Evolution
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #47 (permalink)
Premium Member

claytp1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I agree. He's lucky he didn't get stomped.
I think CB will get him back next year when Gordon has much more to lose.
claytp1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
Would that be considered Trash Talk?

Join the Evolution
Awesome...I am going to use that from now on.
James is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #49 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytp1 View Post
Wow, even when I lived in rural Idaho, we had the toter's as you call them.

One of my hunting buddy's is a driver for UPS, by his description I think his truck even knows when he cuts a fart.
Ask him about this rumor I have heard. I heard the software that plans their route almost entirely eliminate left turns to save time.

Also in my area a UPS driver makes about 3 dollars more per hour, to deliver nice clean packages with a weight limit.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #50 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Define market value.
Easy. Put ad in the paper, then see how long the line gets. :

"Wanted, firefighters - will train, full medical, 90% pension, holidays, sick leave, paid vacation, $60K a year."

If the line extends out passed the parking lot, you're paying too much.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #51 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
Easy. Put ad in the paper, then see how long the line gets. :

"Wanted, firefighters - will train, full medical, 90% pension, holidays, sick leave, paid vacation, $60K a year."

If the line extends out passed the parking lot, you're paying too much.
Sounds easy enough right? Although it is not that easy. For example, my wife works for the police department. They needed to hire one officer. They had almost 200 people fill out applications. None of them were hired after the interview process and background checks. They had to run the ad again.

I've already mentioned that 9 out of 10 people who get hired where I work don't make it past a year.

Hamilton, whatever you do for a living someone is willing to do it for less money. Are you over paid?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #52 (permalink)
IronButt

lucille wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Now how about you? You want to answer my questions about whether or not you have a degree? Just tell me what degree you have and I'll tell you what you are worth.
What does having a degree mean? ....... many 'smart' folks have them, and many 'smart' folks can't put their shoes on the right foot ...

Having a degree in a 'profession' that will never earn a dime for you is pointless, and a waste of time .....

"Degree? ..... we don't need no stinkin' degree ..."
lucille is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #53 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
What does having a degree mean? ....... many 'smart' folks have them, and many 'smart' folks can't put their shoes on the right foot ...

Having a degree in a 'profession' that will never earn a dime for you is pointless, and a waste of time .....

"Degree? ..... we don't need no stinkin' degree ..."
Oh I agree with you. I am a mechanic and I don't need a stinking torque wrench...ever. I'm that f'ing good. My market value just skyrocketed.

According to Hamiltion though, my market value is the minimum of what anyone else is willing to fill out an application for. That is all I am worth. I don't know what most of the people on this forum do for a living but I am sure whatever they do someone somewhere would be willing to do it for less.

Last edited by James; 11-12-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #54 (permalink)
IronButt

lucille wants to know Dino or Syn?
I was in and out of the logging union over a working lifetime ..... couldn't make money until I got out of the union, and negotiated my own contracts......My market value was what I negotiated, I did excellent work, and made double what the union guys were making when they were doing the same job in the d'f'ing manner that the unions encourage.
I don't have or needed a degree, and my shoes were on the right feet. I was responsible for myself......
lucille is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:09 AM   #55 (permalink)
IronButt

Markk9 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
What do you think is fair pay for a fireman or a school teacher?
Teachers should be paid based on job performance, starting at 25K a year, and based on class performance they get a bonus.

Retired Eagle Driver.............Long Live the Eagle.

Helmet laws interfere with natural selection.
Markk9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #56 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markk9 View Post
Teachers should be paid based on job performance, starting at 25K a year, and based on class performance they get a bonus.
25k a year? You think there would be a long line of people wanting to go to college to get a 25k a year job? Maybe in your area. A waitress easily makes that in my area.

What kind of a living would someone make earning 25k per year? Is that a decent wage anywhere? A school teacher is a profession, not a job to earn a little extra money.

Last edited by James; 11-12-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #57 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
I am all for the people of California voting to increase their own taxes (or, in this case, voting to increase other's taxes.).

But now it's time to pay up. The "promise" was that rich Californians would pay the bill...but there is no guarantee what any person will make as income in a given year. The rich don't have to pay, because in this Country, they move.

Prop 30 which raised taxes on everyone as a sales tax passed, along with an income tax rate hike on people making more than 250k, but the big tax increase, Prop 38 which would have increased income taxes everyone (including themselves) to go directly to schools, lost in a landslide. Shocking. Who'd a guessed it?

Prop passed requiring multi-state corporations to pay tax rates based on California's state income tax instead of choosing which state rate to pay at.

Add to that the defeat of Prop 32 which would have cut back the influence of Unions and Corporations to use auto-deducts from employees paychecks for election contributions...

..and the State of California voted themselves a massive deficit in 2014, IMO. We'll see, but I think you'll see at the end of 2013 that Brown has maneuvered his own economic disaster.

But what's bad for California, is good for Texas and Nevada, something that Brown can't seem to understand.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markk9 View Post
I think there's a major flaw with your recommendation--- it absolves parents of their responsibility. Also, good luck on adequately defining "class performance".

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #59 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytp1 View Post
Good grief James, are you telling me there's still the old style trucks with the guy riding on the back who hops out and actually picks up a can and dumps the contents into the truck?

If so, it's easy mental work, but I'd grant you it'd be hell on the body.

P.S. Your driver Gordon acted like a perfect a$$ today!!
Dude, we still have those old style trucks with the guy that rides on the back and hops out. He rolls his big two-wheeled trash-can up my driveway, empties the trash cans I leave near my back door, and then back to the truck to dump it.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #60 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
25k a year? You think there would be a long line of people wanting to go to college to get a 25k a year job? Maybe in your area. A waitress easily makes that in my area.

What kind of a living would someone make earning 25k per year? Is that a decent wage anywhere? A school teacher is a profession, not a job to earn a little extra money.
How about 85K per year, HC, 90% pension after 5 years, and a stipend to parents of say 25K to aid in the kids education.

After all the teachers and parents are the reason we are number 1 in the world, right?
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.