Why Obama won - Page 7 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #91 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
You also forgot to mention that Clinton balanced the budget.
You also forgot to remember that is was because of Newt that the Slickster balanced the budget. But you are incapable of recognizing that the ol' philanderer is not one who easily shares the credit.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #92 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
As the years go by, more and more people are remembering Clinton/Bubba warmly. They have a positive image of him as a financial manager. I won't argue with you what is true, what is not. I'm sure you believe what you wrote. But fortunately most Americans remember if differently.

And you forgot to mention Republicans controlled both houses of Congress when it was balanced.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #93 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
As the years go by, more and more people are remembering Clinton/Bubba warmly. They have a positive image of him as a financial manager. I won't argue with you what is true, what is not. I'm sure you believe what you wrote. But fortunately most Americans remember if differently.

Most Americans on both sides of the political isle will remember what they want to remember. Very few research both liberal and conservative points of view to draw a conclusion. Clinton balanced the budget by working with republicans in congress. Something Obama hasn't figured out. Let me know in a couple of years how you remember the Obama era economy.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #94 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Stop fighting and join the obama evolution.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #95 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
And you forgot to mention Republicans controlled both houses of Congress when it was balanced.

Albeit a different group of republicans, nonetheless. Hopefully they will do their job in a bipartisan effort.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #96 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Albeit a different group of republicans, nonetheless. Hopefully they will do their job in a bipartisan effort.
Like I said before, I don't think Americans want Republicans to do anything different. They returned the White House, House and Senate virtually the same as before the election. Seems to me they want to maintain the status quo. What evidence do you have Americans want bipartisanship from Republicans?

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
Old 11-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #97 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
Any of you read the story's about Obama's support from Latinos. He won something like 73 percent of their votes. Sorry guys, but a party of old white males has nowhere to go -- especially when it uses minorities and women as a punching bag. Delude yourselves that minorities and women are wrong about you, and maybe they are wrong about you as individuals. But there's a reason the party can't attract non-whites and has trouble attracting women. It's because they disrespect them.
If walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck, the GOP have better start thinking of the American people, yes that includes blacks, Latinos which are Americans whether you like it or not. Unless they change the way they project themselves to the American people, all is lost.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #98 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
The Republicans better learn how to appeal to younger voters.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #99 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Sort of like Ron Paul does?
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #100 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
If walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck, the GOP have better start thinking of the American people, yes that includes blacks, Latinos which are Americans whether you like it or not. Unless they change the way they project themselves to the American people, all is lost.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
The Republican party has turned off many other groups, too. People of Asian decent voted 73-26% for Obama. Gays, lesbians and Jews also voted for Obama in similar percentages. It will take a very long time for the Republican party to convince any of these groups to vote Republican in any significant numbers.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #101 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
The Republican party has turned off many other groups, too. People of Asian decent voted 73-26% for Obama. Gays, lesbians and Jews also voted for Obama in similar percentages. It will take a very long time for the Republican party to convince any of these groups to vote Republican in any significant numbers.
They just hafta learn how to promise more free stuff than the Dems. No big deal.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #102 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
They just hafta learn how to promise more free stuff than the Dems. No big deal.
That is essentially the same thing as Romney said yesterday.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-young-voters/

Please keep believing this and please keep saying it.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #103 (permalink)
IronButt

hondo2doc wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
That is essentially the same thing as Romney said yesterday.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-young-voters/

Please keep believing this and please keep saying it.
Please keep spewing your ignorance to the constitution and the rest of America out side of SF. Again you know not of what you speak.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
hondo2doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #104 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Until the MSM finds it's integrity that will never happen. The democrats do a good job of lying and painting the Republicans as being against women, minorities etc with the willing cooperation of the MSM. MSNBC was so brazen in their bias they even co-opted the Obama slogan of "Forward" for their network by using "Lean Forward" as their slogan for the campaign.

The democrats say it is Republicans who don't like minorities but it is democrats that believe they are incapable of obtaining a simple ID or do anything else without government help. It is democrats that say Republicans are against women but democrats think women are incapable of obtaining contraception or health care unless the government gets it for them.

Personally I think everyone should be treated the same. Minorities and women shouldn't be treated any better or any worse than anyone else. They should not receive any special rights or privileges nor be denied any rights or privileges because of race, ethnicity or sex. They should subject to and to abide by the same laws, regulations etc as anyone else. I believe when in the Declaration of Independence it states, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal" by "all men" it is referring to mankind and includes all people regardless of sex, race or ethnicity.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #105 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo2doc View Post
Please keep spewing your ignorance to the constitution and the rest of America out side of SF. Again you know not of what you speak.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I know that the Republican party has dug itself into a deep hole and will not be able to climb out of it without changing its present policies. It will have to abandon guys like you. That is why I am hoping the Republican party learns nothing from this past election and if I read this topic right, the extreme right of the Republican party has not learned anything.

Please go even further to the right and nominate someone like Paul Ryan in the next election.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement