Why Obama won - Page 6 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Yeah, might as well. Look at how good the Swede's have it these days. I wanna live that good life too. Btw, how much does a Harley cost over there, I'll bet it's damn near free these days.
Sweden has one of the higher standards of living in the world.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #77 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Sweden has one of the higher standards of living in the world.
All the more reason to increase taxes. Bring it on. Although corporate taxes are considerably less in Sweden. Ha! What were they thinking? But enough of that, taxes for everyone.
Uncle Salty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #78 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
All the more reason to increase taxes. Bring it on. Although corporate taxes are considerably less in Sweden. Ha! What were they thinking? But enough of that, taxes for everyone.
Salty, I agree.

Vote yes on every tax hike.

Vote yes on every bond.

Grow the state. Let a hand full of elected people rule, let a truck load of appointed people govern.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #79 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Let them run wild for the next few years.... then after the crash we can pick up the pieces and return to a good life .

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #80 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Congress has an approval rating of 10% yet 80% of them get reelected. We bitch about the problems, then we reelect them. Did we expect change?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #81 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Congress has an approval rating of 10% yet 80% of them get reelected. We bitch about the problems, then we reelect them. Did we expect change?
Considering the White House and both Houses of Congress remain virtually just as they were before the election I would say the American people liked anemic to no economic growth, high unemployment, trillion dollar deficits and gridlock just fine.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #82 (permalink)
not sober all the time

That's what it looks like to me. There was a first for me in the last election. I didn't vote for a Democrat or Republican on the whole ticket.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post
Let them run wild for the next few years.... then after the crash we can pick up the pieces and return to a good life .

Good advice. The policies that the Democrats will put in place will affect the country for years to come in a positive way. Like with Supreme Court appointments.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #84 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
When will you learn that when people say they don't like Congress they are not talking about their own Congressional representatives, just the others.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #85 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
Considering the White House and both Houses of Congress remain virtually just as they were before the election I would say the American people liked anemic to no economic growth, high unemployment, trillion dollar deficits and gridlock just fine.
I believe the economy is just about to pick up and would have regardless of who won the election. So I am happy that Obama will get the credit, just the way FDR did. The economy was real good under Clinton. This will seal the idea that the Democrats and the party of prosperity.

Check back in a year and call me out if I am wrong.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #86 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I believe the economy is just about to pick up and would have regardless of who won the election. So I am happy that Obama will get the credit, just the way FDR did. The economy was real good under Clinton. This will seal the idea that the Democrats and the party of prosperity.

And when it hasn't picked up like you hope you'll blame everyone EXCEPT Obama.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #87 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Quote:

The economy was good under Clinton largely due to "a consumption binge stoked by reckless financial deregulation." (liberal economist and Obama supporter, Jeffery Sachs) Real estate prices soared and lenders were making gambles that would scare Puggy Pearson. The booming Clinton era economy was stimulated with risky fiscal policy. Clinton left office with the economy in a recession caused largely by the dot com crash. If you're going to tell a fairy tale, might as well tell how Little Red Riding Hood was lunch for the big bad wolf.

Combined with the terrorist attacks of 9/11, Bush was dealt a bad hand. Unfortunately, his solution was moderately effective tax cuts and continued poor fiscal policies of the Clinton era which eventually lead to the financial crisis of 2007–2008.

Stimulating the economy by throwing money at the problem, keeping the interest rates artificially low and printing excess currency isn't a long term solution. Our government hasn't learned yet. We're on a bad path and when the cookie crumbles it going to hurt. Check back in 2015 and call me out if I am wrong.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #88 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
The economy was good under Clinton largely due to "a consumption binge stoked by reckless financial deregulation." (liberal economist and Obama supporter, Jeffery Sachs) Real estate prices soared and lenders were making gambles that would scare Puggy Pearson. The booming Clinton era economy was stimulated with risky fiscal policy. Clinton left office with the economy in a recession caused largely by the dot com crash. If you're going to tell a fairy tale, might as well tell how Little Red Riding Hood was lunch for the big bad wolf.

Combined with the terrorist attacks of 9/11, Bush was dealt a bad hand. Unfortunately, his solution was moderately effective tax cuts and continued poor fiscal policies of the Clinton era which eventually lead to the financial crisis of 2007–2008.

Stimulating the economy by throwing money at the problem, keeping the interest rates artificially low and printing excess currency isn't a long term solution. Our government hasn't learned yet. We're on a bad path and when the cookie crumbles it going to hurt. Check back in 2015 and call me out if I am wrong.
As the years go by, more and more people are remembering Clinton/Bubba warmly. They have a positive image of him as a financial manager. I won't argue with you what is true, what is not. I'm sure you believe what you wrote. But fortunately most Americans remember if differently.

You also forgot to mention that Clinton balanced the budget.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
And when it hasn't picked up like you hope you'll blame everyone EXCEPT Obama.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
And when it does pick up under Obama, will you admit you were wrong about Obama and your predictions? I doubt it. You'll find some reason not to give Obama credit for anything.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #90 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
As the years go by, more and more people are remembering Clinton/Bubba warmly. They have a positive image of him as a financial manager. I won't argue with you what is true, what is not. I'm sure you believe what you wrote. But fortunately most Americans remember if differently.

You also forgot to mention that Clinton balanced the budget.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement