Why Obama won - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer45u View Post
Adjustments for sure. But abandoning what you feel is right for what you feel will win makes you a Democrat. We still need two parties.
Are saying that saying stupid $hit and alienating women and Hispanics are core principles of the GOP?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Last edited by Lefty; 11-07-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Are saying that saying stupid $hit and alienating women and Hispanics are core principles of the GOP?

No. Fiscal responsibality, less government intrusion in private lives, strong military. That is what I feel the GOP stands for. I was saying they shouldn't drop those principals.
Guess I wasn't very clear.
I don't know if the pubs make more stupid comments than the libs. But I don't think they get the passes from media the libs do.
If alienating Hispanics means securing our borders and enforcing immigration laws I think we need to think very long before abandoning those principals. Hispanics are hard working, proud, productive members of our society who I feel agree with the need to enforce our immigration laws. But we need to do it with respect.
jammer45u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
No. Fiscal responsibality, less government intrusion in private lives, strong military. That is what I feel the GOP stands for. I was saying they shouldn't drop those principals.
Guess I wasn't very clear.
I don't know if the pubs make more stupid comments than the libs. But I don't think they get the passes from media the libs do.
If alienating Hispanics means securing our borders and enforcing immigration laws I think we need to think very long before abandoning those principals. Hispanics are hard working, proud, productive members of our society who I feel agree with the need to enforce our immigration laws. But we need to do it with respect.
Well put. Being supportive of citizens of Hispanic ancestry and favoring real enforcement of our immigration laws is a tough line to walk.

I'm afraid though that we disagree on some other principles though since I'm a born again, evangelical Christian libertarian that believes neither immorality nor morality can or should be legislated.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiAngle View Post
As I read a lot of the posts he today, I can't help but notice the "doomsday" and "falling sky" predictions. Invest in Smith and Wesson? Prepare for the end of times? That's the crap that isn't resonating with anybody but the outer fringe.
LOL. Who said anything about "doomsday?" Have you checked their stock lately?

Old 11-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:

I'm afraid though that we disagree on some other principles though since I'm a born again, evangelical Christian libertarian that believes neither immorality nor morality can or should be legislated.

Not quite sure where you're going there. Are you talking about pro life/pro choice?
jammer45u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Considering you acknowledge you don't invest in the stock market, you're probably one of the last people I would take investing advice from. But if I were to follow your investing advice, I'd be screwed because everybody keeps guaranteeing that during Obama's second term, he will abolish the 2nd amendment. Doesn't make sense to invest in a soon to be failing industry.

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Not quite sure where you're going there. Are you talking about pro life/pro choice?
I'm 100% pro life.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Considering you acknowledge you don't invest in the stock market, you're probably one of the last people I would take investing advice from. But if I were to follow your investing advice, I'd be screwed because everybody keeps guaranteeing that during Obama's second term, he will abolish the 2nd amendment. Doesn't make sense to invest in a soon to be failing industry.

Here's the plan, Hi . . .

Buy S&W Monday, just prior to the market in general recovering from post election fatigue. Sell it in early July a few days after their earning's report stock rise. With you profits buy ammo and firearms from yahoos that believed the 2nd Amendment would be repealed, then realized they don't like having a gun around. You can find these guys embarrassingly unloading at gun shows. Hang around outside. The best part of this method of acquisition is there is no ownership record attached to you.

This is exactly what I did in '09, and I got several new firearms, boatloads of ammo, and a big pile of silver also. Works like a charm.

Or, you can piss and moan about Obama ruining you life. Your choice.

Last edited by Lefty; 11-07-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Obama hasn't publicly pursued any gun control legislation during his first term but on October 16th in the second debate with Romney he stated he thought we needed to "get an assault weapons ban reintroduced." He also gave a hint of other measures with this comment, "But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns."

Call it the chicken little syndrome if you want but it sounds to me like Obama wouldn't mind pushing for some gun control measures in his second term.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Still a Diva

Road King Diva wants to know Dino or Syn?
Women voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg View Post
I agree with most of that Left, but were you joking bout most women vote how their man tells them? Kind of an obsolete way of looking at things. Anyway, seems a lots of woman voted with their pussies, and their pussies only, which is also supposedly obsolete too.
WF-Fluff is this about? I don't know any women who vote the way their husbands or significant others tell them to vote. I think this is a slanted and dangerous way of setting back the vision of the manner in which American women think and behave.

As far as the suggestion that American ladies voted with our privates, if you mean that women believe BHO is attractive and so deserves to be the POTUS, your thought process is wrong on every possible level. Just two of so many objections this comment raises - the bitter angry little man who encouraged people to vote for "revenge" is negative and universally unattractive, and certainly someone so mean and vengeful will not a good president make. Also, women no more vote with their privates than men do. Most women are far more intelligent and complex than you give them credit for being, especially when it comes to voting. If women were as ridiculous as you suggest in their manner of thinking, they would never have been given the right to vote (and they wouldn't have noticed they were missing out, anyway).

Road King Diva

http://www.v-twinforum.com/gallery/s...0&ppuser=56857[/SIZE]
Road King Diva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg
I agree with most of that Left, but were you joking bout most women vote how their man tells them? Kind of an obsolete way of looking at things. Anyway, seems a lots of woman voted with their pussies, and their pussies only, which is also supposedly obsolete too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lyndy View Post
WF-Fluff is this about? I don't know any women who vote the way their husbands or significant others tell them to vote. I think this is a slanted and dangerous way of setting back the vision of the manner in which American women think and behave.

As far as the suggestion that American ladies voted with our privates, if you mean that women believe BHO is attractive and so deserves to be the POTUS, your thought process is wrong on every possible level. Just two of so many objections this comment raises - the bitter angry little man who encouraged people to vote for "revenge" is negative and universally unattractive, and certainly someone so mean and vengeful will not a good president make. Also, women no more vote with their privates than men do. Most women are far more intelligent and complex than you give them credit for being, especially when it comes to voting. If women were as ridiculous as you suggest in their manner of thinking, they would never have been given the right to vote (and they wouldn't have noticed they were missing out, anyway).
lol -- I'm going out on a limb here, but I think Street may have unconsciously illustrated women voters' problems with the Republican party.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:

Ummm....yeah...that's the point.

See the date on this thread?
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/gu...ales-boom.html

But you're right...I'm not as smart as Lefty who saw it coming 3 years ago.

Don't take my word for it...afterall I just hate Veterans, Women and Grandma: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...e-elected.html

Last edited by DJW; 11-08-2012 at 05:11 AM.
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #28 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Ummm....yeah...that's the point.

See the date on this thread?
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/gu...ales-boom.html

But you're right...I'm not as smart as Lefty who saw it coming 3 years ago.
WTF is your point? As a gun owner and someone who has a CWP, I'm glad S&W is doing well. They make great weapons. But as someone who invests with a strategy that is not defined as a day trader, I look at company performances that cover much longer time periods than a few days or even a few months. For example, over a 5 yr period, their stock is down slightly.

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #29 (permalink)
Premium Member

Eleft36 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

Maybe the GOP needs to make some changes, but what do I know, I'm viewed as a libtard.
Yes they do, it's no longer a "conservative" organization.

The GOP and the Tea party "savages" true conservative GOP candidates.

Romney got "what goes around comes around" for his $15,000,000 Florida $hit show during the primary.
Stock 110" mufflers Stock Heads Andrews 26 Cams SE103" BB Kit Zippers Cam Chain Tensioners SE Compensator Mustang Wide Touring Seat Stock Bars H.D. Oil Cooler 1990's LeatherWorks inc Saddle Bags with HD Deluxe modified guards H-D Windshield Thunder Max A/T 2005 S E Tour Pack Progressive Shocks & fork Mono Tube kit
Eleft36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
I used to vote Republicans regularly. In fact, up until George W. Bush, I was evenly split in my presidential votes: half for Democrats and half for Republicans. But I just can't anymore. The party is overrun with Michelle Bachmans, Todd Akinses, and Allen Wests, Rand Pauls, Rick Santorums and others who I consider extremists both economically and maybe even more importantly, socially. Today's GOP is nothing but the John Birch Society with a new name. If that changes, I'll take another look at them. But they just get more and more extreme it seems every year. I feel bad for Romney. I don't think he's a bad guy. He's certainly not a Bircher. But I think it's instructive that most of the Right Wingers on this site had to hold their nose to vote for him.
What specifically do you disagree with Rand Paul about? I have to admit I haven't been exposed to much of his ideas but what I have seen seems logical. I've seen him publicly oppose Romney's military funding, speak against foreign aid vs keeping the money here to aid our citizens, speak about compromising with Democrats on military spending to help our budget and several other common sense ideas. I'd be glad to hear what issue you have with Rand.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.