From Victim To Victory : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
From Victim To Victory

I did my own unscientific exit poll of people I know willing to share who they punched the button for and why. Overwhelmingly, the 47% victim comment did Romney in. Also his performance in job reduction in the private sector (Bain Capital etc.) did him no favors. Found that many are working harder and more hours than ever and are still in fear of losing their jobs. None, and I mean none of them are looking for a handout, just want a decent raise when they perform, and that when their tired bones are wore out there will be a little something for them. Actually Ryan scared them more than Romney, and if Romney had articulated more of what his policies would actually be, they could have given him a chance. I know polls suck, and mine is no better telling the whole story, but I like others have a lot in common with middle of the road republicans, and would like to see a change in their parties attitudes.
Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited by compressor#v; 11-07-2012 at 06:41 AM.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

RGRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Working harder and making less, so they put the bastard back in office for another four years whereupon they'll be working harder for even less yet. Brilliant.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Working harder and making less, so they put the bastard back in office for another four years whereupon they'll be working harder for even less yet. Brilliant.
I don't think it just happened recently, it's been going on for 12 years.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
FNG :)

dmassey wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
I don't think it just happened recently, it's been going on for 12 years.
Not getting back to Bush are Ya? Inflation has been going up ever since I've been working - about 40 years and there are several Prezs' that are responsible for signing those increases that Congress proposed. The Prez is important but it starts in the Congress. It's in bad need of a house cleaning.
dmassey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
I did my own unscientific exit poll of people I know willing to share who they punched the button for and why. Overwhelmingly, the 47% victim comment did Romney in. Also his performance in job reduction in the private sector (Bain Capital etc.) did him no favors. Found that many are working harder and more hours than ever and are still in fear of losing their jobs. None, and I mean none of them are looking for a handout, just want a decent raise when they perform, and that when their tired bones are wore out there will be a little something for them. Actually Ryan scared them more than Romney, and if Romney had articulated more of what his policies would actually be, they could have given him a chance. I know polls suck, and mine is no better telling the whole story, but I like others have a lot in common with middle of the road republicans, and would like to see a change in their parties attitudes.
A lot of women didn't want Romney to have a chance to appoint 2 new Supreme Court Justices. They knew with that power they'd probably overturn Roe vs Wade. My wife told me that was women's biggest concern in her office even though most of the women claim they are against abortion. They just don't feel anyone has the right to tell them what they can or cannot do with their bodies or what their daughters can or cannot do. It may sound goofy to us men but we don't get pregnant either.
James is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Whoever recorded that speech where Romney said he didn't care about the 47% probably changed this election and changed history.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
i think the fact that the GOP and it's values relating to abortion (none of the governments business) and same sex marriage (really none of the governments business) and the idiotic statements made in the name of God and religion by Repub Politicians, killed Romneys chances in addition to his 47% remark. The government has proven again and again that it cannot manage money, what makes everyone think it will do a better job with human sexuality and abortion? We need LESS government intervention in our lives, NOT MORE. Too bad that religion plays such a part in electing (or NOT electing) our leaders. Four more years of Obama is gonnnnnna suckkkkkkk......
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
1bdBagr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

kustom_flames is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Agree 100%, Tim!

What did Romney in was Obama's Chicago style politics - he portrayed Romney to be a 1%er, out of touch with the world, and everyone bought that. Obama is great at making the competition look bad...but where does that get US? I'll admit Romney was not my first choice, and that he certainly was his own worst enemy. But kinda kills me that so many people vote based on 'likeability'! I don't want a likeable president...I want a competent one!!!

The presidency has become too much of a popularity contest now...

Sold!
kustom_flames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
I agree
from a middle road guy. that agrees with come far left and some far right. we have to get back to the middle ...some what.
man I though you went over to one of those cheap plastic machines with no soul when I read the title of the thread
thank goodness
Quote:
Whoever recorded that speech where Romney said he didn't care about the 47% probably changed this election and changed history.
Today 07:23 AM
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerjlk View Post
man I though you went over to one of those cheap plastic machines with no soul when I read the title of the thread
thank goodness
That's what my first thought was too.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

"went over to one of those cheap plastic machines with no soul"

You know where I live stroker, I ever get that dumb, come over and give me the azz kickin' I deserve.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

HDSickness wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
A lot of women didn't want Romney to have a chance to appoint 2 new Supreme Court Justices. They knew with that power they'd probably overturn Roe vs Wade. My wife told me that was women's biggest concern in her office even though most of the women claim they are against abortion. They just don't feel anyone has the right to tell them what they can or cannot do with their bodies or what their daughters can or cannot do. It may sound goofy to us men but we don't get pregnant either.
Really overturning Roe v. Wade is their biggest concern.
Very sad and discusting that the right to kill innocent unborn children is the number 1 concern. Pathetic . Sick.
HDSickness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSickness View Post
Really overturning Roe v. Wade is their biggest concern.
Very sad and discusting that the right to kill innocent unborn children is the number 1 concern. Pathetic . Sick.
Why is it when the right claims that if Obama or any liberal President appoints a couple liberal Supreme Court Judges our gun rights will be severly restricted if not taken away we are crazy gun nuts and not to be taken seriously. When the left claims if a Conservative President appoints a couple Conserative Supreme Court Judges they will repeal Roe vs Wade and they are perfectly sane and should be taken quite seriously? Why is one any more credible or any more or less likely to happen than the other?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I say arm the fetuses.

Seek the truth. Only then will justice and mercy be yours. Do not make religion your trade nor piety a profession.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

Nitram_b4 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Fact of the matter, his problem is the burden laid on him by the republican party
The fact that the Hispanic vote has the power to help swing an election, He cannot please the party core without loosing that vote is crippling plain and simple. The immigration stance that he had to have to win the primary helped him loose the general election. There are various other factors as well, but I guarantee this lost him Fla at the very least.
Nitram_b4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.