Obama Wins - Page 6 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #76 (permalink)
IronButt
 
streetg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,329
streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidly View Post
Boehner is no prize either. I am coming to grips with the fact that regardless who wins our country is doomed. Can any of you show me a way to change the course we are on? I cannot think of a scenario that doesn't end badly.

I am in Vegas, just woke up, going to go gamble and head out for a nice dinner and an evening of supporting college students and single mothers.
I'm starting to think we're doomed myself, though I still gotta hold out a little hope.
enjoy the single moms and remember ....
A lap dance is always best when the stripper is cryin
__________________
2007 FLHX R&R 131"

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #77 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Casey0211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 5,973
Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw_2112 View Post
you only prove my point with that statement, sitting on your soapbox blaming the "right wingers" you're the pot calling the kettle black...
That's a strange view, given that it's you and BoutyM who offered up the uncompromising example, not me. I offered a possible solution in which both sides get something and give something up. Part of the trouble is that you guys think compromise is something the other side does. You don't think you need to offer up anything because you're right and the other side is wrong. That's not how it works.

Now the fact is the Right Wing made a decision to oppose the president on EVERYTHING -- even on things that Republicans have typically supported and even originally proposed, like mandates to buy health insurance. You can't keep moving the goalposts and complain that people won't deal with you.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #78 (permalink)
IronButt
 
huskerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC.
Posts: 1,023
huskerbob is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
I offered a possible solution in which both sides get something and give something up.
As a Republican I was naturally disappointed by yesterday's results. However for the first time I can recall, I am inclined to agree with at least a portion of your statement Casey.

I intend to write my Senator and Congressman "demanding" that they work together with the President to find some type of common ground, some common sense solution to the vast array of problems that confront us today. I'm sick of the partisan bickering, the obstructionism, the political stonewalling and the constant finger pointing....by BOTH sides...while the country we all claim to cherish slowly crumbles beneath our feet.

Anybody care to join me by investing in a couple of postage stamps or by taking the time to write an email or two?

Or shall we all just sit here and bitch for another four years?




"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness".
huskerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #79 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the blue house
Posts: 928
lucille wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidly View Post
I am coming to grips with the fact that regardless who wins our country is doomed.
Can any of you show me a way to change the course we are on?
I cannot think of a scenario that doesn't end badly.....
It didn't really matter which side won .... the only thing the American people were voting for was a leader who would spend less than the challenger. Did you get that leader? Probably not.

A 16 trillion dollar debt is by all standards ..... un-payable.
At some point, America will renege / default on its debt.
You don't have the means to re-pay. Over the last four decades, America has let their companies outsource manufacturing, R/D, and everything else that keeps a country vibrant. People buy stuff from Asia because that's all they can afford.......the dog chasing it's tail....

The thing that's so noticeable with many American people is .... many have lost their enthusiasm, that 'let's give it a try' attitude, that joy of taking on a challenge, that 'win or lose attitude'....we'll give it hell, that citizen that will take the chances, and the citizen who is responsible for themselves.....

A population dependent on 'the government' isn't the population that will take you far down the road .......'the government' just gets bigger, more expensive and more intrusive .......

I wish you well .......

Last edited by lucille; 11-07-2012 at 05:52 PM.
lucille is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #80 (permalink)
Retired TMCM(SS)
 
DoctorDee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 539
DoctorDee wants to know Dino or Syn?
For what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Glad to see your sense of humor is intact.

It really is time for all of us to work together. We have a lot of competition from other developed countries and we will only be able to maintain our standard of living if we work together and compromise, something that a lot of people don't like doing. Now is the time for all good men (and women) to come to the aid of their country.
We should come together to do what? Compete by forbidding oil drilling here but funding it in Latin America? Teach our kids self-reliance and self-sufficiency? Work to promote our country? Or shall we continue running headlong into decline by givng the hard earned tax dollars from the workers to those who do nothing? Shall we come together and celebrate thuggery in the name of culture? Misoginy in the name of music? Bowing and cowardice in the name of statesmanship? Hiring bombers and tax cheats as advisors and beaurocrats? I'm reminded of quotes from our past: "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. " - Ben Franklin Michael's post makes me think of an answer that is a snippet from the famous speech by the great Patrick Henry just before he utters that line: "Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me..."
DoctorDee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #81 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Casey0211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 5,973
Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbob View Post
As a Republican I was naturally disappointed by yesterday's results. However for the first time I can recall, I am inclined to agree with at least a portion of your statement Casey.

I intend to write my Senator and Congressman "demanding" that they work together with the President to find some type of common ground, some common sense solution to the vast array of problems that confront us today. I'm sick of the partisan bickering, the obstructionism, the political stonewalling and the constant finger pointing....by BOTH sides...while the country we all claim to cherish slowly crumbles beneath our feet.

Anybody care to join me by investing in a couple of postage stamps or by taking the time to write an email or two?

Or shall we all just sit here and bitch for another four years?




"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness".
Boehner and Reid apparently met this morning to talk about the "fiscal cliff." They agreed not to draw any lines in the sand. That's a start.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #82 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium
 
Fred1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 13,835
Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
Boehner and Reid apparently met this morning to talk about the "fiscal cliff." They agreed not to draw any lines in the sand. That's a start.
The fiscal cliff will disappear rapidly. Most of the cuts are in the defense industry, which almost every congressperson has in his/her district. They will protect their own turf. Cuts will be transferred to social services now that the election is over.
__________________


Seek the truth. Only then will justice and mercy be yours. Do not make religion your trade nor piety a profession.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #83 (permalink)
Live Free or Die
 
HiAngle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 6,654
HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Looks like Netanyahu is "happy" Obama won.

Quote:
He called the American ambassador to his office for a ceremonial hug. He issued a damage-control statement declaring the bond between the two nations “rock solid.” He put out word to leaders of his Likud Party whose congratulatory messages had included criticism of Mr. Obama that they should stop.

Link..... http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/wo...ith-obama.html
__________________


The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #84 (permalink)
Live Free or Die
 
HiAngle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 6,654
HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
Boehner and Reid apparently met this morning to talk about the "fiscal cliff." They agreed not to draw any lines in the sand. That's a start.
That'll last a week or so. They don't have an 11%'ish approval rating for nothing--- they "worked" hard for that.
__________________


The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #85 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: never here
Posts: 93
V-LOCO wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
It didn't really matter which side won .... the only thing the American people were voting for was a leader who would spend less than the challenger. Did you get that leader? Probably not.

A 16 trillion dollar debt is by all standards ..... un-payable.
At some point, America will renege / default on its debt.
You don't have the means to re-pay. Over the last four decades, America has let their companies outsource manufacturing, R/D, and everything else that keeps a country vibrant. People buy stuff from Asia because that's all they can afford.......the dog chasing it's tail....

The thing that's so noticeable with many American people is .... many have lost their enthusiasm, that 'let's give it a try' attitude, that joy of taking on a challenge, that 'win or lose attitude'....we'll give it hell, that citizen that will take the chances, and the citizen who is responsible for themselves.....

A population dependent on 'the government' isn't the population that will take you far down the road .......'the government' just gets bigger, more expensive and more intrusive .......

I wish you well .......
.............. everyone!
V-LOCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #86 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt
 
DJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: A Country Road in Central NY
Posts: 19,757
DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
That's a strange view, given that it's you and BoutyM who offered up the uncompromising example, not me. I offered a possible solution in which both sides get something and give something up. Part of the trouble is that you guys think compromise is something the other side does. You don't think you need to offer up anything because you're right and the other side is wrong. That's not how it works..
Interesting. From a guy who refers to the election as a win of "good over evil," you're pretty quick to want to compromise with evil Case.

The election was 49/49 in virtually every respect. That's 49 good vs. 49 evil in you libs minds...which of course means we losing 49 should now surrender to you winning 49. Typical lib mentality: "shut up and sit down, so we can "compromise." Meaning: you bend over and we'll let you know when we're finished.

No thanks. I'm quite happy being your definition of evil. It's your boat now progressives, we'll see how quick you can sink it.
__________________
a PENNY for your thoughts
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #87 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 2,190
compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbob View Post
I intend to write my Senator and Congressman "demanding" that they work together with the President to find some type of common ground, some common sense solution to the vast array of problems that confront us today. I'm sick of the partisan bickering, the obstructionism, the political stonewalling and the constant finger pointing....by BOTH sides...

Anybody care to join me by investing in a couple of postage stamps or by taking the time to write an email or two?

Or shall we all just sit here and bitch for another four years?
".
I'm with you, have done that.
You'll notice a lot of regular posters here won't comment on yours,
They'd rather stomp their feet and declare...only they are right.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #88 (permalink)
IronButt
 
huskerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fayetteville, NC.
Posts: 1,023
huskerbob is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post

No thanks. I'm quite happy being your definition of evil. It's your boat now progressives, we'll see how quick you can sink it.
i understand your frustration DJW but have to ask, do you think you won't get wet if "the boat" you mentioned does indeed sink?
huskerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #89 (permalink)
IronButt
 
Shaw_2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: P-Town VA
Posts: 5,755
Shaw_2112 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbob View Post
i understand your frustration DJW but have to ask, do you think you won't get wet if "the boat" you mentioned does indeed sink?
That ship is already sinking, might as well get it over with so we can start over...
__________________
It may be that your only purpose in life was to serve as a bad example to others.....get over it....
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/544741_439993552691766_1484245982_n.jpg
Shaw_2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #90 (permalink)
IronButt
 
thrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Crescent City
Posts: 3,941
thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbob View Post
As a Republican I was naturally disappointed by yesterday's results. However for the first time I can recall, I am inclined to agree with at least a portion of your statement Casey.

I intend to write my Senator and Congressman "demanding" that they work together with the President to find some type of common ground, some common sense solution to the vast array of problems that confront us today. I'm sick of the partisan bickering, the obstructionism, the political stonewalling and the constant finger pointing....by BOTH sides...while the country we all claim to cherish slowly crumbles beneath our feet.

Anybody care to join me by investing in a couple of postage stamps or by taking the time to write an email or two?

Or shall we all just sit here and bitch for another four years?




"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness".
I agree. I write my congressmen often. Working together is the right thing to do, although some here would rather just complain for the rest of their lives while doing nothing to help.
__________________
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
If at first, you fail miserably, try the same thing again expecting different results.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(C)2001-2012 V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved (C)2001- V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum