I hope - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cajun Peauxseur

BigD is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK05 View Post
The Republicans need to change something or else it will keep going on like this...
I think the reality is WE (as in the people) need to change something or else it will keep going on like this...

It's as frighteningly simple as a move toward the center for both parties. Ultra-conservative (live my way or you're wrong) and free-willy liberal (accept my ways and be like me or you're wrong) will never accomplish anything.

98 KLR 650
99 FLHTCUI-C (Good bye Mirelli, hello Carb)
2014 FLHTCUI "Black Betty" My black mistress!

"Baggers - they're not just for Paw-paws anymore"

My new year resolution: RIDE MORE!!!
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
I think the reality is WE (as in the people) need to change something or else it will keep going on like this...

It's as frighteningly simple as a move toward the center for both parties. Ultra-conservative (live my way or you're wrong) and free-willy liberal (accept my ways and be like me or you're wrong) will never accomplish anything.
Completely agree.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD

Completely agree.

+1
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK05 View Post
The Republicans need to change something or else it will keep going on like this...
They lost by a fraction of a percentage in the popular vote, and that after winning the previous 2 terms before the current occupant got there.

I really don't think the wheels are off, and after Obama finishes crashing the ambulance, it's not gonna matter what the pubs think about abortion.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
They lost by a fraction of a percentage in the popular vote, and that after winning the previous 2 terms before the current occupant got there.

I really don't think the wheels are off, and after Obama finishes crashing the ambulance, it's not gonna matter what the pubs think about abortion.
I disagree. The younger generations seem to be more liberal. That population along with the minority population is growing. The pubs are going to have to do something different to attract more voters.
James is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I disagree. The younger generations seem to be more liberal. That population along with the minority population is growing. The pubs are going to have to do something different to attract more voters.
The younger generation are more uneducated politically speaking. They lack life experience and have no idea of real world economics. They are into feel good politics like helping the poor but fail to understand much of why the the poor are poor. Many of the poor, not all, are in the position they are in because of choices they made themselves and most are not going to change. Many were raised to let the government take care of them! They know how to game the system.

I have no problem coming to the aid of those who are down on their luck and need some help getting back on their feet but I have no pity on those who put themselves in poverty for any number of reasons such as crime, drugs, alcohol, dropping out of school etc as they are not going to help themselves so why should anyone else help them. Sometimes you have to take tough positions. Our economy is being held hostage by these people because they know the government is not going to let them starve especially if children are involved. To far too many a child represents a check from the government to finance their decadent lifestyles. We have the most affluent poor in the world! There was something in the news a few days ago that those on government assistance receive about $60,000.00 in checks, housing, food stamps, Medicaid etc. I know a lot of working couples that barely make that much combined and that is before all the taxes the state and federal government takes from them plus their health insurance. Those on assistance pay no tax on their $60,000.00 in benefits! If we ever expect to do anything about poverty we need to quit subsidizing poverty and demonizing success.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

I completely agree, too.

But I can feel the resistance on this thread. Can't you? There's all those welfare queens in South Succotash making $60,000 a year, and the GOP was only off a couple percentage points.

It's too bad.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
I disagree. The younger generations seem to be more
Quote:
liberal
. That population along with the minority population is growing. The pubs are going to have to do something different to attract more voters.
That is until they have to pay the bill they are incurring under the progressives, and it will come.

W
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Or they are going to have to get their registered voters to get out and vote. I live in a neighborhood that had 15 Romney signs for every Obama sign. But on three separate occasions startingtwo weeks out, there were Obama campaign volunteers canvassing the neighborhood, motivating folks to vote. Not one time did a Romney campaign volunteer knock on the door or leave campaign literature. I understand that if I was still living in SC but I live in a battleground state and I live in a county that Romney needed to carry in order to be extremely competitive/win.

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Premium Member

RK05 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

I totally agree as well!!

HiAngle you are right. My wife listened to a co-worker who takes care of the election/media stuff for her work (a NPR local station) and she said that the Dem's were busting their butts to get people to vote and how they were doing all this stuff to keep tract of who was going to vote ect. If the Rep's can't get people to vote then its not going to matter.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I think they spent too much time trying to campaign to legislate morality. Just drop it and concentrate on the economy one way or another.
All the "moral" people who are against abortion should go down to the clinics and tell the girls they will adopt all the babies. Since 35% of black women have abortions this would be a good way to homogenize the population, all the little black kids being raised in white families and going to white school and churches. Give us 2 generations and there won't be any race problem or affirmative action quota for education or employment.

Seek the truth. Only then will justice and mercy be yours. Do not make religion your trade nor piety a profession.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #27 (permalink)
Cajun Peauxseur

BigD is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Fred, I'm trying to strike a central tone here, but it seems to me that you are not joining in on the love? Am I reading you right?

98 KLR 650
99 FLHTCUI-C (Good bye Mirelli, hello Carb)
2014 FLHTCUI "Black Betty" My black mistress!

"Baggers - they're not just for Paw-paws anymore"

My new year resolution: RIDE MORE!!!
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #28 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I think all republicans in congress should wait and watch. If the democrats pass a bill to provide amnesty for non-citizens in our country, sit on the side without voting. If democrats introduce a gun control bill, sit on the side without voting.

Senator Feinstein looking to introduce new assault weapons ban.

If democrats want to raise taxes, sit on the side without voting. If the democrats want to continue to make people like Al Gore rich, sit on the side without voting.

Fourteen green-tech firms in which Gore invested received or directly benefited from more than $2.5 billion in loans, grants and tax breaks, part of President Obama’s push to seed the renewable-energy industry with public money. Al Gore reported assets of less than $2 million in 2001. Today, his wealth is estimated at $100 million.

Go along with every bill they want or don't vote against it.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
FNG :)

richardmoo wants to know Dino or Syn?
i don't think the repubs have o war on women! it's a lie from the left. usually, whatever the left accuses the repubs of, they are for...
richardmoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #30 (permalink)
IronButt

Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiAngle View Post
Or they are going to have to get their registered voters to get out and vote. I live in a neighborhood that had 15 Romney signs for every Obama sign. But on three separate occasions startingtwo weeks out, there were Obama campaign volunteers canvassing the neighborhood, motivating folks to vote. Not one time did a Romney campaign volunteer knock on the door or leave campaign literature. I understand that if I was still living in SC but I live in a battleground state and I live in a county that Romney needed to carry in order to be extremely competitive/win.
I had the same experience. I live in an area of Sacramento that is largely Republican. I received four visits from representatives of the Democratic challenger to Congressman Dan Lungren. No one from Dan's camp came by. Mind you, I'm registered as an independent, so it wasn't a question of Democrats shoring up the base. The result is that Lungren's challenger has a small lead and may very well win once the vote has been recounted.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.