After Romney wins the election - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
If you are a Union member, it would be a mistake to vote the Romney ticket, or any GOP ticket.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
Non Union wages are based on Union wages, never forget that, the less they make, you will make less also.

Unions have much better leverage to negotiate higher wages when the economy is better and more people are employed.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

guydoc77 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
So I should expect things to get worse for me and I should vote for this?
If R wins you can expect the oceans to cool off, a sudden return of glaciers, no more poisonous coal burning to make electricity, the "cost of electricity to, necessarily, 'skyrocket'", new cars that will fit in the box of your present non-PC pickup, zero crime rates, hand holding all over the country and the world, peace and tranquility among the nations in the Middle East, the U.S. to finally assume the second rate status in the world that it has long deserved, an end to all war, an end to antiquated petroleum based energy and the introduction of windmills, tankers filled with subsidized, relatively inefficient ethanol sitting all over the country, $5 gasoline or higher, and a world who loves us and doesn't resent our prior meddling in their affairs (like WWI and WWII) any longer. The deficit will be cut in half. Unemployment will plunge. All those evil managers will be eliminated and put in their place stripped of their greedy retirements (as happened with GM). All the "workers" (a Marx term BTW) will make way more money without meddling from management and their respective companies will just run themselves sort of on auto pilot. GM will quietly farm out much of it's highly successful auto manufacturing to places like China. In short James, you'll be cutting a fat hog in the ass and swimming in money. And all the former "rich" will be in the soup line where they've belonged for decades.

Oh wait, that was the other guy. My bad.
Clearview windshield
CP flat tops
R&R Stage 3 heads, .030 gasket, 82cc chambers
Trued, welded, and balanced crank by Hyperformance
TMan 590 cams
SE AC
HPI 54mm TB
Supermeg with open cap and 15 discs
TTS tune by BVBob

2003 Indian Scout Deluxe
Aspen White (got it for my wife)
S&S "SuperStock" 88"
12" apes
Scary fast!

Last edited by guydoc77; 11-04-2012 at 10:11 AM.
guydoc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Milemarker 0

YorkHogRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
You all do realize that when Romney gets elected and the economy starts to turn around, the liberals will give credit to Obama and his hard work coming to fruition. Wow! The part in bold was really hard to type with a straight face.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkHogRider View Post
You all do realize that when Romney gets elected and the economy starts to turn around, the liberals will give credit to Obama and his hard work coming to fruition. Wow! The part in bold was really hard to type with a straight face.
Oh yeah, no doubt in my mind Tingles and his ilk will come up with that talking point.
RGRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cajun Peauxseur

Location: North of where I used to be; south of where I want to be!
BigD is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Bet you're pretty good at poker! I couldn't have done it
"Baggers - they're not just for Paw-paws anymore"

My new year resolution: RIDE MORE!!!
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Give it, say, 500-1000 yrs and they'll be praying to Lord Barry and reading from the Gospels of St Tingles, St Joe, and St Michael Moore.

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ret 1SG now CFP

1SG_CFP wants to know Dino or Syn?
If you believe that Americans are too weathy, that they stole that wealth from the rest of of the world, and it should be returned, Obama is your guy.
If you don't think this is correct, read Obama's book, "Dreams From My Father". He spells it out there.

Ret. 1SG Now CFP

Last edited by 1SG_CFP; 11-04-2012 at 06:31 PM.
1SG_CFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
yeah, since we ran out of Indians we went after the rest of the world.

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy. -Charles de Montesquieu
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

Larbaldi wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
How could they? You're already overpaid and underworked.
"James" Isn't everyone an "Expert" at someone else's job ... and of course they're ( "RGRider" ) the first to tell you that you, and your compensation, are the root of all problems today! Is this a great country or what !!
1979 FXEF STROKER ( BLACK, OF COURSE ! )
BUSHTEC QUANTUM TRAILER ( BLACK, OF COURSE ! )
AMA MEMBER / ABATE MEMBER
Larbaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

FLSTFI Dave wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
What can I expect after Romney wins the election? I'm a middle class union garbage truck mechanic. Are things going to get better for me? If so, narrow it down, I want specifics. I'll update you if you are correct.

Since I am a union worker is it a huge mistake for me to vote for Romney?
I am non-union. I am retired Navy, and middle class. On many counts it would be better for me when Romney wins. He would do a better job protecting my military benefits, remember Obama wanted the military to pay for their health care, but wants to give health care to those who do not work. Obama all but shut down off shore drilling, forcing my company (an american company) to be bought out by a British company. Also forcing me to work Over seas drilling in Africa off shore. This lack of drilling in the Gulf of Mexico has caused the wage to go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
Non Union wages are based on Union wages, never forget that, the less they make, you will make less also.

Really depends on the industry. I an see that in industrys and services where there is a unions, like the auto industry, or the hotel industry or such.

No unions in off shore oil drilling. So, a union does not effect my wage. Matter of fact, when I left the Auto industry to go off shore, my wage went up, and I got way more time off.

Then we got Obama and it went over seas.

13 CVO Road King Anniversary, #162
12 CVO Road Glide, White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black
03 FLSTFI Silver and Black, now has real fire radical paint set. 95", S&S 570G cams, V&H Big Shot Longs
11 FLHX Street Glide, Purple and black, wifes ride
09 FLSTC Heritage Teal and Antique White, wifes ride
FLSTFI Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!

Jeffytune is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
What can I expect after Romney wins the election? I'm a middle class union garbage truck mechanic. Are things going to get better for me? If so, narrow it down, I want specifics. I'll update you if you are correct.

Since I am a union worker is it a huge mistake for me to vote for Romney?
After Romney wins, most likely you and your Union will learn the true meaning of....

2010 FLHTCUI
96 CID w/ the quiet 6 speed
K&N RK-3930 air filter
Harley quiet high flow 110 mufflers (Hey, they were free)
Vance and Hines Fuelpak

I have learned, Just say NO to Dyno's!
Member DooF Clenas , and proud of it.

Professional Rockat Surgen
Disclaimer.
I do not work for Vance and Hines, I just like their stuff. Any suggestions I make are to be used at your own risk.
Jeffytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement