Benghazi-gate Where is the citizen outrage? - Page 7 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #91 (permalink)
IronButt

Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny4Sawx View Post
I realize you left wing extremists have to demonize and insult anyone who doesn't fall in lockstep with your viewpoint or become emotional over every small slight. But what makes my response "right wing"?
It's typical on this board for someone to insult me or another one of the lefties, then get all bent out of shape what their target responds in kind.

You said, and I quote, that I was "devaluing" life again. I responded with a nasty comment. You escalated with yet another insult. I responded again ... You started it -- so stop whining.

I don't really care what you think of me, Gunny, as I'm sure you don't care what I think of you (not that I actually do). So why don't we just agree to disagree on Benghazi without the insults?
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #92 (permalink)
IronButt

Location: Discovered in 1904 by the Germans it's German for whales vagina.
Gunny4Sawx is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
It's typical on this board for someone to insult me or another one of the lefties, then get all bent out of shape what their target responds in kind.

You said, and I quote, that I was "devaluing" life again. I responded with a nasty comment. You escalated with yet another insult. I responded again ... You started it -- so stop whining.

I don't really care what you think of me, Gunny, as I'm sure you don't care what I think of you (not that I actually do). So why don't we just agree to disagree on Benghazi without the insults?
A fair proposal Casey. I accept your terms.

There is no profit in Peace.
Gunny4Sawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #93 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny4Sawx View Post
If you are unsure of "who" speaks from the rose garden perhaps you should take a bit of time off from the R&P forum.
Maybe you need a bit of time studying sarcasm.

If one is unsure what Obama menat by "acts of terror" when he was giving an address about Benghazi, then he is the one who needs some time off.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #94 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
Maybe you need a bit of time studying sarcasm.

If one is unsure what Obama menat by "acts of terror" when he was giving an address about Benghazi, then he is the one who needs some time off.
You are assuming Obama was including Benghazi when he used the term "acts of terror". If at some point in time in the ensuing days he dropped the false story about a video sparking an attack and actually stated Benghazi was attacked by an Al Qaeda terrorist group which is a fact we now know was known within hours of the attack, that would be a safe assumption. However given that for at least 2 weeks afterward and as far as I know even today he has neither dropped the video story nor directly said terrorists attacked Benghazi I find that connection difficult to make.

With the election coming up and Obama was proclaiming everyday that Bin Laden had been killed and Al Qaeda had been decimated. How do you, Casey and Obama think that it would look to have to admit that four Americans including the first Ambassador killed in over 30 years had been killed by Al Qaeda on a date we should have been prepared for an attack but for some reason were not? The Red Cross and I believe the British Embassy all had the sense to leave Benghazi due to increased Al Qaeda presence and activity. Why did we not also get out or at least re-enforce our security leading up to 9/11 especially in light of the emails Ambassador Stevens sent requesting more help? With 9/11 approaching why did Ambassador Stevens even need to ask for help? Was it because it wouldn't look good during the campaign? If there is another reason could either you or Casey please explain it?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #95 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
You are assuming Obama was including Benghazi when he used the term "acts of terror". If at some point in time in the ensuing days he dropped the false story about a video sparking an attack and actually stated Benghazi was attacked by an Al Qaeda terrorist group which is a fact we now know was known within hours of the attack, that would be a safe assumption. However given that for at least 2 weeks afterward and as far as I know even today he has neither dropped the video story nor directly said terrorists attacked Benghazi I find that connection difficult to make.

With the election coming up and Obama was proclaiming everyday that Bin Laden had been killed and Al Qaeda had been decimated. How do you, Casey and Obama think that it would look to have to admit that four Americans including the first Ambassador killed in over 30 years had been killed by Al Qaeda on a date we should have been prepared for an attack but for some reason were not? The Red Cross and I believe the British Embassy all had the sense to leave Benghazi due to increased Al Qaeda presence and activity. Why did we not also get out or at least re-enforce our security leading up to 9/11 especially in light of the emails Ambassador Stevens sent requesting more help? With 9/11 approaching why did Ambassador Stevens even need to ask for help? Was it because it wouldn't look good during the campaign? If there is another reason could either you or Casey please explain it?
Dude, the fact is my life will not change by one iota regardless of what I or you believe he said.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #96 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
I'm not sure that the use of the plural makes any difference, UT, but then again, I live on Planet Earth. But if it does, it may help if you remember that there was an attack in Cairo, as well as Libya.

As to your link -- it's irrelevant. Just a conservative blogger making excuses for Romney's mistake. And yours, apparently.
English is a complicated language. Just adding or taking away one letter can make a big difference in the meaning of a word or sentence. If you don't understand that then perhaps you should take a remedial English course. I don't recall Obama referring to an attack in Cairo so it is foolish to believe that Cairo was the reason for the plural form of the word "act", especially after using it after the 9/11 attacks comments.

Casey, you have proven you have nothing substantive to add to the discussion. Like most liberals you have no substance with which to refute the content of the link I posted so instead you resort to attacking the source. Have a good day!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
Old 11-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #97 (permalink)
IronButt

boston62 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Been hearing about how unhappy people are that Obama won another term, a lot of accusations about what he knew about the attack, please send all complaints to.

Secret Service
Washington, D.C.

I know they would be glad to answer all questions for you....

PS
Please give name and address.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
boston62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #98 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston62 View Post
Been hearing about how unhappy people are that Obama won another term, a lot of accusations about what he knew about the attack, please send all complaints to.

Secret Service
Washington, D.C.

I know they would be glad to answer all questions for you....

PS
Please give name and address.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
So what do you think they would do? Has anyone on this forum made any threats against the President, Vice President or their families? What exactly do you think has been said in this forum that the Secret Service would be interested in? I don't think anyone on this forum has anything to hide from the SS as far as anything they have said in this forum. Do you?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #99 (permalink)
IronButt

Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
English is a complicated language. Just adding or taking away one letter can make a big difference in the meaning of a word or sentence. If you don't understand that then perhaps you should take a remedial English course. I don't recall Obama referring to an attack in Cairo so it is foolish to believe that Cairo was the reason for the plural form of the word "act", especially after using it after the 9/11 attacks comments.

Casey, you have proven you have nothing substantive to add to the discussion. Like most liberals you have no substance with which to refute the content of the link I posted so instead you resort to attacking the source. Have a good day!
I'm having a great day, UT. I just read your post for my daily chuckle.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #100 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Anybody find that video yet?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #101 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
has it been determined either way if the call for immediate help was purposely ignored?

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy. -Charles de Montesquieu
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #102 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Now it's Cairo's fault.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...enghazi-Attack

Never accept culpability when you're a Dem. Never.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #103 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
has it been determined either way if the call for immediate help was purposely ignored?
I don't think anything has been "determined" one way or another. TMTAE (The most transparent administration ever) in typical fashion puts out one false statement after the next, obfuscates, obstinate-s, and all around lies about everything that happened (or didn't happen).

I "think," and that is...based on conjecture, because that's all there is right now (six weeks later!)...

...I think the "embassy" was a CIA gun running operation and may have been used to "interrogate" (we don't torture) AQ operatives. I think they were attacked on 9-11-12 by an AQ cell and called for help. I think the Military was prepared to mount an emergency rescue operation and were told to "stand down."

Who told them that? - It may have been the State Department, the White House, or even some political operative with the power to pull the plug - no one has claimed responsibility for the order yet. According to Petraeus, it wasn't he.

After that night, an official document was scrubbed which included a statement that the attack was by AQ. That statement was removed, no one seems to know who did that either. UN-sec Rice then went on the TV talking head shows and said that the attack was a spontaneous demonstration against a "video," not a terrorist attack. She claims that information came from "the intelligence community," but the CIA says it didn't come from them or the military. Again, no one seems to know who told her to say that, and her response is that her job is just parrot whatever the "intelligence community" tells her to say - yet she can't explain where the "information" came from.

Again...who knows? TMTAE has a new version just about 3-times a-day. IMO? It was a political operation that tried to minimize the damage during a close re-election, the facts be damned. As it is, it appears that the operation worked. However, the lies are beginning to look like a dog chasing it's own tail, eventually it gets tired and somebody's head is going to have to roll.

Last edited by DJW; 11-28-2012 at 05:16 AM.
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #104 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Now it's Cairo's fault.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...enghazi-Attack

Never accept culpability when you're a Dem. Never.
Don't just pick on Barry. All politicians lie. What is special about Barry is that he said that he would not lie, that was a big part of his platform. He has proved to be just like all the rest of them.
Have I ever told you that my father helped start the civil rights movement with Rosa Parks? He is the one who told her to get to the back of the bus.

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy. -Charles de Montesquieu
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #105 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
Have I ever told you that my father helped start the civil rights movement with Rosa Parks? He is the one who told her to get to the back of the bus.

umm....I mean...
Advertisement