Benghazi-gate Where is the citizen outrage? - Page 6 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #76 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
You are naive if you think the truth came out prior to the election. The truth still hasn't come out and is only just starting to come out. Fox News and Conservative talk radio was trying to get as much as they could out but the MSM was pretty much ignoring the story. Even Fox News didn't know most of what happened. More has come out since the election than came out before it. Yesterday we learned that the story Susan Rice was sent out to tell was altered by this administration and the fact they new it was Al Qaeda from the git go was remioved from the talking points given them by the CIA. Do you not wonder why they did that? There is still more to come. Like I said this is a coverup. You can choose to believe or not to believe that whichever you choose, I don't care! Susan Rice was a tool of this administration. She was picked not for what she knew, Obama admitted she had nothing to do with Behghazi, but for her race and gender. That way when her statements were challenged they could distract from the truth by crying racist and sexist wich is exactly what I said they would do and they are doing right now!
The stories of cover up have been lingering for weeks. I don't know what America you live in, but in my experience I would say that people in this country love scandal and news of cover ups. It just wasn't enough to change the opinion of the majority.

I think you are naive if you think this behavior makes Obama any different from any other President or Presidential Candidate.

I also think you sound more concerned about pointing out that you told us so than anything else. Do you think you are the only one who can predict very predictable behavior?

Quote:
I mentioned nothing about Romney because he was a candidate for the Presidency, not the President. He had no power to do anything leading up to 9/11, during the attack or after the attack. He had no involvment in Behghazi at all so whatever campaign he ran has no bearing on the topic of Benghazi!
You mentioned the fact that Obama was campaigning on those things that he thought would help his cause. I merely pointed out that this is the norm for campaigning.

Quote:
Whether you are an idiot or not is for you to determine. I never called you or anyone else an idiot. The fact is however this election was more about who was the more likeable candidate than about who was the best qualified candidate. It was a popularity contest. Way too many voters had no idea what either candidate stood for or what they could or would do for our country. Most of them do not look beyond the evening news or the Letterman show to learn the issues. They vote more based on who they would rather have a beer with than who is the best choice for our country! If I did that perhaps I too would have voted for Obama. I realize it is going to require some hard choices to fix what is wrong for our country. I felt Mitt Romney was far more likely to make those choices than Obama was. I don't believe in 4 years Obama has made a single difficult choice. Can you name any?
How is Obama responsible for what information people use to decide on their votes? All elections are popularity contests. Why do you think it is called a popular vote?

I don't know what you would consider a difficult choice, but I would guess (in my naivity) that all Presidents make difficult choices on a daily basis while they are in office. I would also go out on a limb to say that in a country where the popular vote was within a percentage point that every decision made by this President will be loved by half the country and hated by half the country.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #77 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I guess he cant
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #78 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
The stories of cover up have been lingering for weeks. I don't know what America you live in, but in my experience I would say that people in this country love scandal and news of cover ups. It just wasn't enough to change the opinion of the majority.

I think you are naive if you think this behavior makes Obama any different from any other President or Presidential Candidate.

I also think you sound more concerned about pointing out that you told us so than anything else. Do you think you are the only one who can predict very predictable behavior?

You mentioned the fact that Obama was campaigning on those things that he thought would help his cause. I merely pointed out that this is the norm for campaigning.

How is Obama responsible for what information people use to decide on their votes? All elections are popularity contests. Why do you think it is called a popular vote?

I don't know what you would consider a difficult choice, but I would guess (in my naivity) that all Presidents make difficult choices on a daily basis while they are in office. I would also go out on a limb to say that in a country where the popular vote was within a percentage point that every decision made by this President will be loved by half the country and hated by half the country.
Obvioulsy you prefer keeping your head buried in the sand rather than make any effort to look into what is really happening. If I have to explain why Obama didn't want to mention the fact it was a terrorist attack by an Al Qaeda organization, which I had to do, then you obvioulsy are not paying attention to what is really going on. I am still waiting for you to tell me why this administration removed from the talking points provided them by the CIA, the fact they knew within an hour or so it was an Al Qaeda terrorist group. This fact was also omitted from the Rose Garden announcement and from Susan Rice's appearences five days later on five different Sunday News programs.

If you want to get technical, yes an election is a "popularity" contest but if your vote is based primarily on who you would rather have a beer with rather than who would do the best job for our country then obviously you have your priorities screwed up!!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #79 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
obama thinks he is the great saviour, but he's nothing more than an muslim sympathizer, who's actions or inactions got 4 Americans killed.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #80 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
Obvioulsy you prefer keeping your head buried in the sand rather than make any effort to look into what is really happening. If I have to explain why Obama didn't want to mention the fact it was a terrorist attack by an Al Qaeda organization, which I had to do, then you obvioulsy are not paying attention to what is really going on. I am still waiting for you to tell me why this administration removed from the talking points provided them by the CIA, the fact they knew within an hour or so it was an Al Qaeda terrorist group. This fact was also omitted from the Rose Garden announcement and from Susan Rice's appearences five days later on five different Sunday News programs.

If you want to get technical, yes an election is a "popularity" contest but if your vote is based primarily on who you would rather have a beer with rather than who would do the best job for our country then obviously you have your priorities screwed up!!
My vote was not based on any such thing and I did not vote for Obama.

I never said there was no cover up, I said the fact that there was a cover up made no difference in who won the popular election.

Since I have no contacts in the White House, the FBI, the CIA, the DOD, or any American Embassies, then I'm not sure what you think I should be paying attention to. You keep telling me I can't believe what the MSM tells me so I suppose the only acceptable source of information I have is you.

As I said before, you predicted very predictable behavior.

Now what? Where do you go from here?

BTW, my head is not buried in the sand. While others are busy crying about politics and bad economies and all the things they would like in their perfect world, I am working and making things happen for myself. These things you are discussing are all important to me, I just don't have as much time as you to "look into" it (I'm not even sure what that means), nor do I think that if I spent the time here calling people names and expressing what I hate about people who think different from me would make one bit of difference in anything. I don't disagree with most of what you say, I just don't see what you hope to accomplish with this.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #81 (permalink)
IronButt

Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.
Quote:
Above is the full transcript of Obama's statement in the Rose Garden on the morning of 9/12/2012 just before he flew off to New York and Las Vegas for fund raisers and to record the Letterman show. Please show us where Obama mentioned "terrorism" in reference to the Benghazi attack?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press....sident-deaths-...
There, UT -- I boldfaced it for you, since, Like Mitt Romney at the second debate, you have trouble reading. Of course, only in the alternate Right Wing universe is the phrase "acts of terror" different from "terrorism."
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #82 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny4Sawx View Post
You left wing extremists make me chuckle at your false indignation. I could show you the background to the computer I'm at present typing on and you would know the names of 7 heroes and see the hill on which they died. If you could pass a security screening I could show you the pictures which hang inside my locker at work of a truly great young man who lost his life far to early to his true potential. You however seem like the type of guy who honks his horn and cuts into a funeral procession on it's way to a national cemetery to bury a young man or woman who lived life beyond anything you could imagine in your small minded pathetic little insular lifestyle.
Nice parry BTW bringing up Bush, what a hoot you simpleminded folks are. It's like waving a set of keys in front of a baby to distract them from the teething pain.
In order to have heard my opinion on Iraq and the plan to go into it in October of 2002 you would have had to be sitting in a conference room next to me. But again oh great soothsayer you weren't. I look forward to your emoting an assigning my feelings to me in your rebuttal as if you know how anything or anyone but your own self(ish) thinks.
Poor Gunny. He sure can dish it out, but just can't take it. Typical Right Wing attitude.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
There, UT -- I boldfaced it for you, since, Like Mitt Romney at the second debate, you have trouble reading. Of course, only in the alternate Right Wing universe is the phrase "acts of terror" different from "terrorism."
Are you copying me? http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/re...ml#post2196892

Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #84 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Quote:
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.
Maybe I am going blind but I still don't see where what you highlighted mentions Benghazi. Acts of terror is plural. You are assuming he is including Benghazi in that statement. He never specifically stated Benghazi was attacked by terrorists. He called them "killers" and "attackers" in the Rose Garden but never called them terrorists. His only mention of terrorists came after stating:
Quote:
"Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."
Show me one sentence where he actually refers to those responsible for attacking the Benghazi Embassy as terrorists!

Also Mitt Romney had no problem with his reading. Read the link below.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...6a4b_blog.html
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #85 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Maybe I am going blind but I still don't see where what you highlighted mentions Benghazi. Acts of terror is plural. You are assuming he is including Benghazi in that statement. He never specifically stated Benghazi was attacked by terrorists. He called them "killers" and "attackers" in the Rose Garden but never called them terrorists. His only mention of terrorists came after stating:

Show me one sentence where he actually refers to those responsible for attacking the Benghazi Embassy as terrorists!

I'm not sure that the use of the plural makes any difference, UT, but then again, I live on Planet Earth. But if it does, it may help if you remember that there was an attack in Cairo, as well as Libya.

As to your link -- it's irrelevant. Just a conservative blogger making excuses for Romney's mistake. And yours, apparently.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #86 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Sorry. But it never hurts to reiterate. UT rarely gets it the first time.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #87 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:

Who are you talking about? You keep saying "he" but never specify exactly who "he" is. I am not making the connection here. Could you be more specific?

Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #88 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
So now the Libyan security chief has been assassinated. I bet he cant answer any questions now. Whats really going on????
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #89 (permalink)
IronButt

Location: Discovered in 1904 by the Germans it's German for whales vagina.
Gunny4Sawx is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Poor Gunny. He sure can dish it out, but just can't take it. Typical Right Wing attitude.
I realize you left wing extremists have to demonize and insult anyone who doesn't fall in lockstep with your viewpoint or become emotional over every small slight. But what makes my response "right wing"?

There is no profit in Peace.
Gunny4Sawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #90 (permalink)
IronButt

Location: Discovered in 1904 by the Germans it's German for whales vagina.
Gunny4Sawx is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Who are you talking about? You keep saying "he" but never specify exactly who "he" is. I am not making the connection here. Could you be more specific?
If you are unsure of "who" speaks from the rose garden perhaps you should take a bit of time off from the R&P forum.

There is no profit in Peace.
Gunny4Sawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement