Benghazi-gate Where is the citizen outrage? - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
IronButt

Casey0211 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
I heard Obama defending Susan Rice in his press conference yesterday about comments by John McCain and Lindsey Graham. He said, "If Sen. McCain and Sen. Graham and others want to go after somebody, they should go after me," Obama said. "And I'm happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the U.N. ambassador? Who had nothing to do with Benghazi? And was simply making a presentation based on intelligence that she had received? To besmirch her reputation is outrageous." This begs a couple of questions. One if she knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi, which is what Obama said, why was she sent out to 5 Sunday news programs to answer questions on Benghazi? Also if the answers she gave were based on information the White House gave her, why was she spreading a story about a video that we know the White House already knew was false? Also why did Obama seem so outraged? He didn't seem outraged at the attack that killed Ambassador Stevens an aide and two Navy Seals. Almost sounded like he wanted to fight! Think maybe he has a little something going on on the side with Susan Rice?

I hate to see a grown man beg. The answers to your questions are as follows:

1) She appeared on the show because she's an administration official who heard the initial intelligence assessment, which she reported on the program. Moreover, she didn't say the video caused the attack, but that the attack may have used the spontaneous video riot for cover (it would hardly be the first time Muslims rioted over media -- remember the cartoons? the Right insistence that such a view was implausible is simply Monday morning quarterbacking). Again, Planet Wingnut has trouble hearing the actual words that were said (as did Romney when he claimed that Obama didn't characterize the attack as terrorism, when in fact he did) because the Right Wing echo chamber is so loud.

2) Again -- she was reporting the intelligence community's best assessment at the time. Your premise is simply false.

3) I really doubt there is a level of outrage that would satisfy the Far Right. My guess is that if Obama had ordered a 10 megaton nuke dropped on Libya, Planet Wingnut would be whining that it wasn't a 20-megaton bomb.

Your insinuation that the president might have something going with Susan Rice is just a Right Wing smear and not worthy of a response.

In other words, utvrp, your post is the usual Right Wing drivel, which is why the public outrage seems muted. The public reacts to facts, not the latest claim by Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck.
Casey0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey0211 View Post
I hate to see a grown man beg. The answers to your questions are as follows:

1) She appeared on the show because she's an administration official who heard the initial intelligence assessment, which she reported on the program. Moreover, she didn't say the video caused the attack, but that the attack may have used the spontaneous video riot for cover (it would hardly be the first time Muslims rioted over media -- remember the cartoons? the Right insistence that such a view was implausible is simply Monday morning quarterbacking). Again, Planet Wingnut has trouble hearing the actual words that were said (as did Romney when he claimed that Obama didn't characterize the attack as terrorism, when in fact he did) because the Right Wing echo chamber is so loud.

2) Again -- she was reporting the intelligence community's best assessment at the time. Your premise is simply false.

3) I really doubt there is a level of outrage that would satisfy the Far Right. My guess is that if Obama had ordered a 10 megaton nuke dropped on Libya, Planet Wingnut would be whining that it wasn't a 20-megaton bomb.

Your insinuation that the president might have something going with Susan Rice is just a Right Wing smear and not worthy of a response.

In other words, utvrp, your post is the usual Right Wing drivel, which is why the public outrage seems muted. The public reacts to facts, not the latest claim by Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck.
You left out the truth of why Susan Rice was chosen to spread the word. She is black and she is a woman. Anyone who questions anything she said is hit with both the race card and the Republicans hate women card at the same time. Otherwise you provided no answers to the question. As Obama told Candy Crowley, get the transcript. Obama did not refer to the Benghazi attack as an act of terrorism. The only time terrorism was mentioned was in a generic sense in reference to the 9/11 attacks. Your statement has no value as it is not accurate!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
You left out the truth of why Susan Rice was chosen to spread the word. She is black and she is a woman. Anyone who questions anything she said is hit with both the race card and the Republicans hate women card at the same time. Otherwise you provided no answers to the question. As Obama told Candy Crowley, get the transcript. Obama did not refer to the Benghazi attack as an act of terrorism. The only time terrorism was mentioned was in a generic sense in reference to the 9/11 attacks. Your statement has no value as it is not accurate!
Funny how Obama has been using skirts as hiding places.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #49 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Of course, I haven't answered the questions to your satisfaction, UT -- facts are completely irrelevant to you.

I have read both transcripts. I just don't live in the alternate Planet Wingnut universe where "acts of terror" and "terrorism" are different things.

I don't doubt there were screw ups concerning Bengazhi. But no one who would tap Sarah Palin to be VP or carry water for George Bush on Iraq and the non-existent WMD or ignored warnings about 911 should be talking so loud about Susan Rice and deaths at Benghazi. How many thousands of Americans died as a result of McCain and Graham's cheerleading?

Maybe McCain should take time away from giving BS press conferences and go to briefings. He might actually learn something and pass it along to you

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...er-benghazi-2/
Old 11-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Funny how Obama has been using skirts as hiding places.
Funny how you and UT use those skirts and race to attack the president.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #51 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Funny how you and UT use those skirts and race to attack the president.
Oh, so it's my fault for noticing Obama sent someone wholly unqualified to answer for his mistakes? To you it's not that she's unqualified, it's that I'm just picking on a black woman. You're the racist, not me.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Oh, so it's my fault for noticing Obama sent someone wholly unqualified to answer for his mistakes? To you it's not that she's unqualified, it's that I'm just picking on a black woman. You're the racist, not me.
I didn't bring up race and gender. You and UT did. You guys can't even get the facts right from your own posts. How can we expect you to get them right elsewhere?

P.S. Implying that sending a "skirt" to hide behind is really kind of sexist. And given that Nancy Pelosi habitually kicks those big, bad Right Wing men's asses, totally mistaken as well. Just sayin'
Old 11-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
I didn't bring up race and gender. You and UT did. You guys can't even get the facts right from your own posts. How can we expect you to get them right elsewhere?

P.S. Implying that sending a "skirt" to hide behind is really kind of sexist. And given that Nancy Pelosi habitually kicks those big, bad Right Wing men's asses, totally mistaken as well. Just sayin'
Show me where I mentioned race.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Which is exactly why Obama picked her. She is the U.N. Ambassodor and had nothing to do with Benghazi. Obama said so himself. Obama had no business sending her out. Surely there were others who were more qualified to speak to what happened than she was. She was chosen to be a diversion so when Conservatives and Republicans questioned what she was saying happened, they could play the race and gender card rather than actually discuss the issue. I am not picking on her. She was just a pawn. Casey knows that but he is an Obamabot and therefore is programed to defend whatever the Messiah says or does!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #55 (permalink)
IronButt

Location: Discovered in 1904 by the Germans it's German for whales vagina.
Gunny4Sawx is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
.......and deaths at Benghazi. .......

Ahh, good old Casey devaluing life. After all those folks were only in what their 366th trimester or so?

There is no profit in Peace.
Gunny4Sawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #56 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is reading this now saying WTF is this? Homesick is reading this now saying WTF is this?
How 'bout this?

I heard today that an Admiral told Lou Dobbs, on FBN, that Benghazi was a failed kidnapping.

The idea was that, just before the election, Barry would heroically save the day by negotiating a swap, the ambassador for the blind sheik. Both sides in on it, Win-Win.

joe
Dispenser and Guardian of Same

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #57 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is reading this now saying WTF is this? Homesick is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Of course, I haven't answered the questions to your satisfaction, UT -- facts are completely irrelevant to you.

I have read both transcripts. I just don't live in the alternate Planet Wingnut universe where "acts of terror" and "terrorism" are different things.

I don't doubt there were screw ups concerning Bengazhi. But no one who would tap Sarah Palin to be VP or carry water for George Bush on Iraq and the non-existent WMD or ignored warnings about 911 should be talking so loud about Susan Rice and deaths at Benghazi. How many thousands of Americans died as a result of McCain and Graham's cheerleading?

Maybe McCain should take time away from giving BS press conferences and go to briefings. He might actually learn something and pass it along to you

You mean like the non-existent gas that killed all those non-existent Kurds and non-existent Iranians?

joe
Dispenser and Guardian of Same

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #58 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Long as he is passing out free stuff with someone else money ,don't wait for any outrage . It aint going to happen
Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #59 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
obama is a failure as a man and as the lefties president. His lies will come back to haunt him someday.
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #60 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
This just in:

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement