Tolerance of the Left II : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Tolerance of the Left II

I looked for the old tolerance thread but gave up and decided to start a new one. Anyhow this has not been covered by the MSM as far as I know. I give credit to the Huffington Post for posting this on their site. The left is always preaching about tolerance but they don't seem to be much on practicing tolerance. Sean Kedzie, son of Wisconsin State Sen. Neil Kedzie (R-Elkhorn), was beaten for having a Romney sign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2007232.html
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
First one:

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/re...ance-left.html

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
I figured I just overlooked it but didn't feel like going back to look for it again.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

WEINERDOGBONE wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
I looked for the old tolerance thread but gave up and decided to start a new one. Anyhow this has not been covered by the MSM as far as I know. I give credit to the Huffington Post for posting this on their site. The left is always preaching about tolerance but they don't seem to be much on practicing tolerance. Sean Kedzie, son of Wisconsin State Sen. Neil Kedzie (R-Elkhorn), was beaten for having a Romney sign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2007232.html
It is an outrage. Too bad the kid didn't have a pistol. People are loosing their minds.
WEINERDOGBONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Tequila SG wants to know Dino or Syn?
That preposterous, had it been the other way around and the one taking the beating was an Obumer supporter it would have been all over MSNBC, ABC, CNN and the other liberal rumor spreaders, yeah tolerance is important when is convenient to the left.

Tequila SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
So I have read 3 different stories about this and nowhere is there any mention of who the peoeple were who perpetrated the beating. How do you know their political party or beliefs? Maybe you should share your crystal ball with the LEO's working the case.

I'm also not surprised that you haven't made any mention of the gun shots into the Colorado campaign office, or the swastika markings or the death threat to people with the Obama sign in their yard (all of which are mentioned at the end of the same story you linked to BTW). Are those all examples of the "right's tolerance"?

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

berserker is still riding a stock bike berserker is still riding a stock bike
Notice how the Huff writes at the end, this after Obama supporter threatened, in another state. They can't just write the story, and simply state the facts, they have to put in there they are bad too.
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post
Notice how the Huff writes at the end, this after Obama supporter threatened, in another state. They can't just write the story, and simply state the facts, they have to put in there they are bad too.
So the score is tied, one to one? I only have so many toes and fingers so help me with my math. I haven't heard about the Obama supporter being threatened in another state. Was that big news...news anyone is interested in? I live in Illinois and I don't think anyone cares about either story. Back page news if even. What was his name, what were the circumstances?

Last edited by James; 10-25-2012 at 07:44 AM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Rodzilla6 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thats one of the reasons that myself and my extended family buy NOTHING from microsoft EVER!!! In our personal life or our business. There are much better alternatives from companies that don't use our dollars to promote communism and attacking other real Americans who believe in the constitution, the bill of rights and the right to think differently without being attacked by freaks...BOYCOTT ALL MICROSOFT VENTURES IN ANY FORM!!!!!! I know where Rachael Madoff can fit their new tablet...LOL.
Rodzilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

The FatBoy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla6 View Post
Thats one of the reasons that myself and my extended family buy NOTHING from microsoft EVER!!! In our personal life or our business. There are much better alternatives from companies that don't use our dollars to promote communism and attacking other real Americans who believe in the constitution, the bill of rights and the right to think differently without being attacked by freaks...BOYCOTT ALL MICROSOFT VENTURES IN ANY FORM!!!!!! I know where Rachael Madoff can fit their new tablet...LOL.
Microsoft beat up the guy?
The FatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
So the score is tied, one to one? I only have so many toes and fingers so help me with my math
Being beaten to the point you are put in the hospital, is different then being threatened.
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 10-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
S. Was that big news...news anyone is interested in? I live in Illinois and I don't think anyone cares about either story.
Maybe IL would be in better shape, if people cared.
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 10-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post
Maybe IL would be in better shape, if people cared.
Now that's classic coming from the guy who has "DILLIGAF" under the username.

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
The left is always preaching about tolerance but they don't seem to be much on practicing tolerance.
And you're the standard bearer of tolerance? How many times have you labeled somebody on here, me included, because they had a view point that differed from you? Perhaps you should brush up on some definitions.

I'll start with intolerance--
lack of toleration; unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary opinions or beliefs, persons of different races or backgrounds, etc.

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiAngle View Post
And you're the standard bearer of tolerance? How many times have you labeled somebody on here, me included, because they had a view point that differed from you? Perhaps you should brush up on some definitions.

I'll start with intolerance--
lack of toleration; unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary
opinions or beliefs, persons of different races or backgrounds, etc.
I guess by that definition HI you can join the rest of us intolerant folk. Anytime the discussion turns military, and someone disagrees with you, things get pretty intolerant.
Here's the difference betwixt left n right. The left styles themselves as THE PARAGONS of tolerance. It's part of their party identity, they constantly fly the tolerance banner, and it's a complete load o crap.

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement