Richard Mourdock : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

scsmall wants to know Dino or Syn?
Richard Mourdock

Mourdock ignited a firestorm of comments and denunciations after he said during Tuesday night's Senate debate: "Life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something God intended to happen."

What a f&):king douchebag this guy is.

How do these nut jobs with their morbid religious beliefs get into a position of power?
scsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
"How do these nut jobs with their morbid religious beliefs get into a position of power? "

Other nut jobs vote them in. LOL
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsmall View Post
Mourdock ignited a firestorm of comments and denunciations after he said during Tuesday night's Senate debate: "Life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something God intended to happen."

How do these nut jobs with their morbid religious beliefs get into a position of power?
I knew it wouldn't last long. Agreeing with you I mean. I agree with Mr. Mourdock and am puzzled why such a statement would create a "firestorm". So much for the tolerance of the left! Life is a gift from God. Obviously you have no belief in God or you would agree. Why do the circumstances of your conception make you any more or less deserving of life?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I'm quite happy Mourdock is making his views known. It will help the votes of Indiana to determine who they want to represent them in the Senate.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

No I don't believe in make believe. And if my wife was raped and she got pregnant I wouldn't say it's a gift from "god", would you?

It's scary these guys can get into a position of power with brain wash logic.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
These people really ought to have their mouths duct taped shut until after the elections. Totally unnecessary statement, serves absolutely no purpose other than riling up people on both sides. If Mourdock's wife (provided he has one) got raped and conceived a child afterwards, i'd like to see how acceptable raising a child fathered by a criminal rapist feels to him then. Easy for him to say now as a holier than thou politician.
I personally think abortion is a particularly horrendous thing for any woman to go thru but some of the reasons women have children in the first place isn't much better. Ignorance of birth control, rape, adding to their meal ticket ie welfare or trapping a man are all horrible reasons for a woman to have unwanted children, wouldn't you say? I'm not condoning abortion but seriously, some people (using the term loosely) would have been better off aborted. People who were never valued as a person or human being often end up having no value for human life at all, and are the ones who kill other humans at random.
JMO, stirring up sh!t...
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
1bdBagr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
No I don't believe in make believe. And if my wife was raped and she got pregnant I wouldn't say it's a gift from "god", would you?

The rape no, the child yes. Even if not to me or my wife but to someone who is unable to have a child. I am against abortion and even if it was my wife, or my daughter that was raped, I would not support the taking of that life. Abortion is a cowards way out! I am sorry you believe God is "make believe". IF God is make believe then where did life come from? It had to start from something. Since you seem to know so much more than I do please tell me the origin of life. Again, so much for the tolerance of the left. If you don't believe in it then it is "make believe"!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
Old 10-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bdBagr View Post
These people really ought to have their mouths duct taped shut until after the elections. Totally unnecessary statement, serves absolutely no purpose other than riling up people on both sides. If Mourdock's wife (provided he has one) got raped and conceived a child afterwards, i'd like to see how acceptable raising a child fathered by a criminal rapist feels to him then. Easy for him to say now as a holier than thou politician.
I personally think abortion is a particularly horrendous thing for any woman to go thru but some of the reasons women have children in the first place isn't much better. Ignorance of birth control, rape, adding to their meal ticket ie welfare or trapping a man are all horrible reasons for a woman to have unwanted children, wouldn't you say? I'm not condoning abortion but seriously, some people (using the term loosely) would have been better off aborted. People who were never valued as a person or human being often end up having no value for human life at all, and are the ones who kill other humans at random.
JMO, stirring up sh!t...
Tim
How do you know he would be in favor of abortion if his wife was raped? What crime did the child commit? Also you seem to be suggesting Mr. Mourdock should hide his true self until after the election. How hypocritical would that be? It is sad how so many people claim to be tired of phoney politicians but when one comes long who tries to be honest about who and what he is you folks want to rum him or her out on a rail! I don't think it is the politicians who are phoney. The voters make the rules. Evidently you prefer politicians to lie about and hide who they really are so you can cry about how phoney and dishonest they are once they are elected. Thomas Jefferson once said "people get the government they deserve". Think about it!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Scary?

A little sensitive, huh? Why do you care who gets into power down here.

Go shovel your sidewalk.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I believe a woman should have the right to choose. If I had a wife who was raped and became pregnant, I would want to be able to leave the decision up to her. On a personal level, I am not a fan of abortion. But I do believe in a woman's right to choose. My religious teachers have taught me that abortion, while frowned upon is permissible in certain situation regarding the health of the mother, both the physical and the psychological health.

I read a story several years ago about a woman who was raped and had the child. Now that DNA tests are available, they were able to identify the father of the child (who was now an adult). The father is the infamous Charles Manson. He raped this woman long before the things that got him sent to prison.

This man is a treasure to his family and much loved. Yes, he has to live with the legacy that his father is Charles Manson, but he seemed ok with that legacy. Had this woman been a member of my family, I would have supported her decision regarding having or not having this child either way. And if she chose to have the child, I would love the child like any other child. But if she chose to abort the pregnancy, I would love her just the same, despite my personal dislike for abortion.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
I believe a woman should have the right to choose. If I had a wife who was raped and became pregnant, I would want to be able to leave the decision up to her. On a personal level, I am not a fan of abortion. But I do believe in a woman's right to choose. My religious teachers have taught me that abortion, while frowned upon is permissible in certain situation regarding the health of the mother, both the physical and the psychological health.

I read a story several years ago about a woman who was raped and had the child. Now that DNA tests are available, they were able to identify the father of the child (who was now an adult). The father is the infamous Charles Manson. He raped this woman long before the things that got him sent to prison.

This man is a treasure to his family and much loved. Yes, he has to live with the legacy that his father is Charles Manson, but he seemed ok with that legacy. Had this woman been a member of my family, I would have supported her decision regarding having or not having this child either way. And if she chose to have the child, I would love the child like any other child. But if she chose to abort the pregnancy, I would love her just the same, despite my personal dislike for abortion.
I would love my daughter regardless of which she chose to do but I would make it perfectly clear I am against abortion, I think it is wrong and there are better alternatives. However she is an adult and has to make her own decisions. One thing you should keep in mind, you can't undo an abortion. I don't have any statistics but I believe you will find far more women have physiological problems from having an abortion than from having a child. Having, caring for and nurturing a child is a natural instinct. Killing a child goes against those instincts.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Hamilton,

I care because believe it or not, these same types of people could get into power here, we do have similar systems and we are neighbours. Tell me your thoughts on the topic rather then spewing your typical BS with your pathetic "go shovel your sidewalk" comment.

UTVRP. - I'm not teaching your the origins of the earth. While nothing is proven, science has helped provide theories supported by real evidence. It helps make things more believable when they can be backed up more then what a book wrote by a bunch of men, that gets spun by every person in which ever way they want to spin it.

PS I agree it's not the Blood clots fault either. Didn’t say it was so if it was up to me, id get rid of the clot before it was transformed into a person and born so I would not have to live with something that was forced upon me by your ever so loving god in the most barbaric way possible.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Hamilton,

I care because believe it or not, these same types of people could get into power here, we do have similar systems and we are neighbours. Tell me your thoughts on the topic rather then spewing your typical BS with your pathetic "go shovel your sidewalk" comment.

UTVRP. - I'm not teaching your the origins of the earth. While nothing is proven, science has helped provide theories supported by real evidence. It helps make things more believable when they can be backed up more then what a book wrote by a bunch of men, that gets spun by every person in which ever way they want to spin it.

PS I agree it's not the Blood clots fault either. Didn’t say it was so if it was up to me, id get rid of the clot before it was transformed into a person and born so I would not have to live with something that was forced upon me by your ever so loving god in the most barbaric way possible.

First you stated, "I care because believe it or not, these same types of people could get into power here,". What "types of people" would that be? People who have moral convictions and who do not want to hide them or pretend they are something different than they really are? God forbid that should ever happen!

Second, I see you took the cowards way out by refusing to stand up for your beliefs. If you are smart enough to have figured out God is make believe then I would think you are smart enough to have some other knowledge of the origin of life that led you to come to that conclusion but evidently you don't! You said yourself "nothing is proven" and "science has helped provide theories supported by real evidence". Wouldn't "real evidence" be proof? So what makes your beliefs any more valid than mine? So let me see if I have this straight! You believe in something you won't or can't tell me, you admit has not been proven so therefore you have no proof of your belief, but you call God "make believe" because there is no proof he exists! That sound about right to you? Sounds hypocritical to me! What is the real evidence? Do you have a clue?

And finally, I hate to break this to you but it is not nor has it ever been a "blood clot". Once the sperm enters the egg it is a human being. When your fathers sperm entered your mothers egg, all the DNA that is you was present at that instant! You were a human being, not a "blood clot"!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bdBagr View Post
JMO, stirring up sh!t...
Tim

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
So this is the latest lefty/MSM distraction? Anything to avoid discussing what a worthless, spineless, uneffective pres Obummer is I guess. How about the fact he knew the truth about Benghazi within two hours of the attack yet continued to claim it was about a video for the next 14 days, hell the NYT is still trying to claim that even though the truth has been shown.
RGRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement