Richard Mourdock - Page 8 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #106 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
Speaking of prostitution do those that believe a woman should be able to do have abortions because "it is her body" support her right to be a prostitute if she so chooses? Would you support your mother, sister or daughter making that choice?
Like abortion, many women are forced into prostitution against their wil

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #107 (permalink)
IronButt

WEINERDOGBONE wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
Speaking of prostitution do those that believe a woman should be able to do have abortions because "it is her body" support her right to be a prostitute if she so chooses? Would you support your mother, sister or daughter making that choice?
If she's over the age of 21 AND it is legal, yes I would. I obviously would not support any of the women in my family choosing that life and would try to disssuade it. I wouldn't want any of the women in my family to have an abortion either.

It would break my heart to see any of them choose either path. It would be totally uneccesary too. My wife and I would support anyone in our family financially or in any other way to keep those things from happening.

The problem is that everyone doesn't live a life that is as secure and comfortable as we do. I grew up poor and have come a long way. Some people have to make hard choices because they have no support. I've known a number of people in that position.

There is a big difference between arguing a position on the internet and living the choices that you make based on real circumstances. To summarize, I don't have to live your life so I feel no authority to impose my personal views.
WEINERDOGBONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #108 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking

Teabagger, Richard Mourdock is yet another debacle.

Because of the idiotic and highly controversial remarks he recently made regarding rape, he lost his U.S. Senate seat to the Democrats yesterday.

No doubt some here will still try and defend his dumbass remarks.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #109 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wonder if the left will think less of Oblahblah's choice to head the DoD?

Apparently he holds, or held until recently anyway, I'm sure he's 'evolved' like Oblahblah has, the same views as Murdock as regards rape and abortion.

Quote:
While former Nebraska Senator Chuck Hagel has taken intense heat for past opposition to gay rights, his conservative view on abortion has been drawn less attention from Democratic critics.

But as a Senator, Hagel repeatedly voted against amendments to allow servicewomen to pay for abortion services at military hospitals out of their own pockets.

According past campaign literature, he also opposed abortion in cases of rape and incest because those cases are "rare."

When he announced his candidacy for Senate, Hagel said that he opposed abortion except to protect the life of the mother and in cases of rape and incest. Hagel decided he didn't believe that exclusion for rape were necessary after studying the issue near the end of his campaign.

"I am pro-life with one exception the life of the mother. I oppose taxpayer funded
abortions. We must promote adoption and support the strengthening of American families. I will vote with and support the pro-life movement," Hagel said in a piece of 1996 campaign literature, according to the Omaha World Herald.

Then Senate-candidate Hagel said that he "tightened" his position on abortion after he said he discovered that abortion in the case of rape and incest are "rare" according to multiple local press reports.

"As I looked at those numbers, if I want to prevent abortions, I don't think those two exceptions are relevant," Hagel said, according to the Omaha paper.

Hagel finished his career in the Senate with a 94% rating from the National Right to Life Committee. He had a 100% rating from the Family Research Council his last year in office.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...bortion-even-i
RGRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #110 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
I wonder if the left will think less of Oblahblah's choice to head the DoD?

Apparently he holds, or held until recently anyway, I'm sure he's 'evolved' like Oblahblah has, the same views as Murdock as regards rape and abortion.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...bortion-even-i
Would you please tell us whether you think Hagel is a good or a poor choice for Secretary of Defense?
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #111 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Would you please tell us whether you think Hagel is a good or a poor choice for Secretary of Defense?
Considering his past statements, You first.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #112 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post
Considering his past statements, You first.
You brought up the topic of Hagel and yet you won't tell us how you feel about him, eh. You are playing games by saying "you first".

And, this topic is about Richard Murdock. Hagel deserves a topic of his own. If you are that interested and willing to tell others about how you feel about him, start a topic and tell us how you feel.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #113 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
You brought up the topic of Hagel and yet you won't tell us how you feel about him, eh. You are playing games by saying "you first".

And, this topic is about Richard Murdock. Hagel deserves a topic of his own. If you are that interested and willing to tell others about how you feel about him, start a topic and tell us how you feel.
He's made the same statements as Murdock yet I don't hear the same caterwauling from the left. So what do you think of Hagel considering his past statements?

Me? I believe in freedom of speech. Doesn't matter if I like him or not, I don't have the ability to make a decision on his appointment. But those who do roundly condemned Murdock, let's see if they do the same for Hagel, somehow I doubt they will.

Same as always, nothing but crickets from MP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement