Arab democracy? - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Religion & Politics
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #46 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
I don't get their laws :

If adultery is sin down here, how come it's ok in heaven?
It's that whole love, peace and paradise thingy. Now do you get it?
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #47 (permalink)
NRA Life

Hamilton wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's that whole love, peace and paradise thingy. Now do you get it?
I think so, but don't call me Abdul.

- Robert Bosch
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #48 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
In answer to the question: http://sheikhynotes.blogspot.com/201...-in-islam.html

In short, Islam's belief in the afterlife is carnal, as compared to christian belief which is a metaphysical heaven. It describes a heaven where all pleasures are fulfilled. So a man if heaven could wish for a thousand wives and he would get it, and a woman could wish for a thousand husbands and get it too. Pleasure in Islam is carnal, sex, drugs, chocolate..whatever.

As I read it, it's written to an audience that was looking for a clear description of heaven, as opposed to the Christian NT that was only suggesting an afterlife. Remember at the time the NT was written it was writing to newly converted Jews and Gentiles, so any afterlife was a good afterlife. It's pretty vague about what that life my be like: "My Father's house has many rooms,"; "Be like the angels." etc.

The quote from the Koran included in the link above is from the NT actually, and IMO, is the only reasonable description: "However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"- (COR 2:9) Probably best just to leave it at that.

Islam came some 700 years after Christianity. It incorporates some of the OT and the NT into it.

Last edited by DJW; 09-15-2012 at 06:59 AM.
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #49 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Islam came some 700 years after Christianity. It incorporates some of the OT and the NT into it.
and immediately it's culture started regressing a thousand years.

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy. -Charles de Montesquieu
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #50 (permalink)
IronButt

Rollmeaway wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
and immediately it's culture started regressing a thousand years.
Here is an attachment to listen to on Islam.

And we rolled...... clean out of sight

Dare...

2000 FXST - Carbed
Rollmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
I have a question and there is nowhere else to post it. We all know that when Muslim men martyr themselves for Allah and go to Heaven they get the 72 virgins. What do Muslim women get? Or are they even allowed to go to Heaven?
Who says the 72 are WOMEN ??????????
webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #52 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post
Who says the 72 are WOMEN ??????????
Who says they're even people???? Goats? Chickens? Camels?

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetg View Post
Who says they're even people???? Goats? Chickens? Camels?
We can tell you've spent time on a farm.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #54 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
some of his best friends .........

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy. -Charles de Montesquieu
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #55 (permalink)
IronButt

streetg wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
We can tell you've spent time on a farm.
Tell ya what, if Barry Obama suddenly decided to support bestiality, the modern American left would be cheering him on. Absolute support, NO MATTER WHAT!Why not ? Animal lovers can't be denied their right to bang chickens (I saw that in a german movie when I was a teen), the left has totally lost their ability to exhibit rational individual thought, they think what Barry tells em to think.

1988 FXSTC 100" Fatso 68 Bonneville 650
streetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #56 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
The United Nations expressed serious concerns Friday about human rights and stability in Egypt, after new Islamist President Mohammed Morsi awarded himself sweeping new powers.

Major protests were expected in Cairo on Friday afternoon after Morsi decreed himself above the judiciary and exempted the Islamist-dominated constituent assembly writing Egypt's new constitution from judicial review.Other changes give Morsi power to take security measures to protect his position, which rights groups say are like new emergency laws.
The changes, announced late Thursday, prompted outrage among secularists and liberals.

Mohammed ElBaradei, a prominent pro-democracy figure and former head of the U.N.'s nuclear agency, accused Morsi of declaring himself a "new pharaoh."

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ler-morsi?lite
That is so weird...who could have seen that coming?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #57 (permalink)
IronButt

Location: Discovered in 1904 by the Germans it's German for whales vagina.
Gunny4Sawx is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
It's an isolated incident. It'll never happen anywhere else.

There is no profit in Peace.
Gunny4Sawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
Altered States

Waffen is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny4Sawx View Post
It's an isolated incident. It'll never happen anywhere else.

Due to a spontaneous video I suspect.

W
Waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #59 (permalink)
IronButt

pcarrell wants to know Dino or Syn?
In answer to the OP.......

I could be wrong here, but I think that maybe the reason the United States version of democracy has worked (reasonable well) for 200+ years might be in the way that it was initially instituted.

The colonies banded together and fought for their own freedom with little outside help. When they won it, they had some very wise men who were able to set up a system of governing this newly won land, and one of those wise men, being an obvious great leader who was well looked upon by most, along with being a war hero (George Washington), was willing to help lead the way.

These new democracy's don't fit that pattern at all. Some were willing to fight for themselves, but there was a lot of outside help and influence. There are some wise men in those countries, to be sure, but when compared with the caliber and number of men who formed the basis of the U.S., I just don't see it. And as far as a leader goes, I don't see anything even close to a George Washington type person on the horizon.

Another thing I notice is that in general (though not totally), the feeling in the 13 colonies was that just about everything pertaining to government needed to change. In the middle east, I've gotten the impression that the people only feel the need to change certain aspects of the old form of government, but that much of it is really OK.

I could be way off base, but that's the way it seem's to me.

But as an old friend of mine always says....Opinion's are like armpits; everyone has a couple and some of them stink!

Last edited by pcarrell; 11-23-2012 at 01:55 PM.
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #60 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarrell View Post
In answer to the OP.......

I could be wrong here, but I think that maybe the reason the United States version of democracy has worked (reasonable well) for 200+ years might be in the way that it was initially instituted.

The colonies banded together and fought for their own freedom with little outside help...
Not that I disagree with the overall point, but....

...you can't minimize the impact the French had on the American Revolution. Besides money and arms, the fact that French Admiral de Grasse sailed into Chesapeake Bay just before the siege of Cornwallis at Yorktown was THE critical event of the war. As much as I like poking fun at the French, there is no doubt that their assistance, including the French troops that were commanded by Rochambeau who marched from Rhode Island along side of George Washington's Continental Army and thousands of Militia, was THE difference between winning the war and settling for negotiated peace after 6 years, which was already happening behind the scenes by some in Congress.
Advertisement