V-Twin Forum banner

The official Carolinas thread

88K views 648 replies 96 participants last post by  captainhook455 
#1 ·
I just looked outside and noticed how great it was outside today. Definate riding weather! If I only had my bike back from it's winter make-over. Well I was actualy forced to do so. My front fender got caught by the top lip of a ramp and it was bent up pretty bad. Anyhoo...

I hope i didn't step on any toes by making this thread. I just thought it would be nice to have a centralized location for us NC/SC people. A good place to chat on the happenings here in our area.

Im located in Matthews NC and once my ride is back at my doorstep.. I'm always up for a ride. I hope others in this area find this thread usefull.

#469 · (Edited)
New additions to my ever expanding $hit list:
G Man
Big D ( I think the D stands for Delores)
Huskerbob

That happens to be a very nice chainsaw, thank you very much. And the crack about missing a payment? Justice will be swift.

This is for you G Man. You will understand: :spank::spank:

#471 ·
Not sure what I did to get on his list? :huh: But what the hell, I'm in good company! :beer:

Clowns... no fk'n sense of humor.

#484 ·
I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet it may resemble one or two of the contributing members of this thread! :hystria::redrolf::hystria:

#488 ·
And I figured it's just that you guys couldn't ride your keyboards because it was cold outside???

#497 ·
I didn't tell you to do anything, I just welcomed everyone. You feel free to go ahead and do whatever the hell you want to. Don't mind me. :)

*****on another note***********

So, what is everyone (besides Fred) up to these days? I got some new boots, but I couldn't find them in Larkspur blue. :mad:

All I need to do now is let the dogs chew on them a while and leave them out in the weather for a few weeks and I'll be allowed to wear them without being chastised.

#496 ·
Fred, you're an a$$h0le. Oh, look, you have a merit badge!!! :hystria::hystria::redrolf::clap:

#508 ·
Hey, just when did I call GMan a douche? I mean, that may be accurate... but I didn't say it! Ooops! :duh?:

#515 ·
We are heading south next week. Gulf Coast trip to visit friends and the Thunder Beach Rally. Got plans to meet up with BigD while we are down there.

Seems to me that luvs was talking about that OBX rally recently.

#517 ·
Hey luvs, ncmedic, did either of you make it to the OBX Bike Week?

I'm curious to know how it was. I saw a post from someone a while back that didn't seem too happy about it.

#518 ·
Maggie Valley & Tail of the Dragon in The Smokies

I have a room booked at Two Rivers Lodge in Bryson City for the nights of June 23, 24, 25, 26.
The room has 2 beds so I am looking for a roomie. It would run you about $35 a night.

PM me or fschwartz@nc.rr.com

#519 ·
I have a room booked at Two Rivers Lodge in Bryson City for the nights of June 23, 24, 25, 26.
The room has 2 beds so I am looking for a roomie. It would run you about $35 a night.

PM me or fschwartz@nc.rr.com
Don't know about rooming, but I live about an hour from there. I might be able to meet up for a ride on one of those days. I'm about 35 minutes from Maggie Valley.

#522 ·
Meet Up?

Free at last, free at last.....good God Almighty, free at last!?prty:

Starting a new job on July 30 :thumbsup:and i'm getting my weekends back!! "The Man" :harhar:can't push me around anymore.

Anybody interested in a 'Saturday Meet Up' !drunk!at a centrally located spot in NC???:chopper:

Of course we'll have to wait until "G-Diddy" is fully recovered from his 'backectomy' and can plant his ample-a$$ in the saddle of his new, non-Larkspur, scoot.

I'd like to meet everyone in person before my better judgement kicks in #Spankme@and I realize it would be best to move to an undisclosed location.

?anyone?

#524 ·
I work every other weekend so I expect everyone here to clear their schedules with me first. Doesn't whoever plans the ride have to buy all the beer?

#525 ·
Yes. G Man is good at buying beer, but his beer tends to be of the inexpensive kind. Last time I was at his house, his stock consisted of Blatz, Schlitz, and Milwaukee's Best Ice. Not only that, but HE drank most of it!

If we want good beer, we will have to get Husker Bob to plan the meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.