Fan kit : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Police Motor Unit General Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

buzz742 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Fan kit

Did anyone tried the FAN KIT (part no:91196-08). Harley says it's great for parade duty, rush hour traffic or anytime
you are sitting still on your air cooled V-twin
engine. Lab results show a 20-degree
reduction in oil temperature (measured
at the oil tank). Kit includes all hardware and wiring for fan
installation and horn relocation. Does it really make a difference in reducing heat?
buzz742 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

R_W_B wants to know Dino or Syn?
I personally think the Lenale fan is a better deal. It's smaller and less price last time I checked. Besides when I bought my Lenale (a year ago) I had two Indy's tell me the HD fan did not last very long and they advised against it.

I've had my Lenale for a yr now and it works great for hot city traffic. There is another fan said to hit the market this month called Love Jugs but as of yet have not seen any public offerings of it.

Again the fan if only for running the engine while stationary or very slow parade duty. Some folks say the HD engines don't need a fan and they will take a lot of heat without failing. My bike (when the previous owner had it ) actually overheated in a parade and blew the CPK sensor and had to be towed in. I'm still running the same engine so hopefully no serious scoring of the cyclinder walls occurred.

It's really just how much hot slow riding you do and how you feel about it. Last time I checked the Lenale store on ebay was selling them for $200.

Be aware that when you turn it own with the bike just sitting there not running the fan does make some noise, kinda like a small turbine engine. But with my V&H's pipes not so noticable when engine is idling.

Oh and also I know a guy that bought a Lenale and it caught on fire. But Lenale did give him a new one.
R_W_B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

buzz742 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Fan Kit

Is Lenale operated by a switch or a thermostat?
buzz742 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

waynehead99 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am curious about this too as I have been eyeing the HD fan. The ultra just kills ya with heat in a matter of seconds on a hot day waiting at a light.
waynehead99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Milan wants to know Dino or Syn?
Check this out

Here is another option
http://bigskyfan.tripod.com/
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

R_W_B wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz742 View Post
Is Lenale operated by a switch or a thermostat?
It's operated by a switch, it's only useful when you are not moving (or moving very slowly).

It comes with a Deutsch plug that plugs into the Acc plug under the seat. The button switch is on the fan itself.

It mounts where the horn mounts OEM so you will have to move the horn. The Lenale kit comes with a frame tube bracket to mount the horn. I chose to mount mine down low on the right side by the rear brake pedal. I took the cowbell off and just mounted the black plastic horn itself.

Here is a video, as you view it you can see the horn (barely since I have a black bike with a black horn) down by the rear brake pedal on the frame tube.

You can also see the Lenale Fan mounted where the horn used to be.

R_W_B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

mori55 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have the HD parade fan on my Deluxe . It's been on there about 4 years and works great.
Had the bike hooked up on my laptop setting my auto iac (tmat) couldn't understand why my head temp wasn't going up. Here I forgot to pull the fuse and the fan was on cooling it .
I think it works great and puts a lot of air out . Works on a thermostat.
Andrews 37g cam
Thundermax ecm and Auto Tune
Samson true dual fishtails.
Darkhorse crankwork
Baker DD 6
mori55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have the fan made by lenale It spent 60K on my 07 and has 16K on my 2011 now seems to work well for me moves a fair amount of air and does not cover the whole engine.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Vendor

Steve Jugs wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yes, Love Jugs has hit the market. Overheating problem is solved. Click one of our banners on this forum and check out our web site. You'll see for yourself my ridiculously superior cooling system. I am so sure that Love jugs will solve your heat problems that I'll send you 100% of your money back, no questions asked, if you are not pleased with your cooler ride.
Steve Jugs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Olivepearl wants to know Dino or Syn?
The Harley and Lenal fans SUCK! I like the looks of Wards Parts Works fan kit clean small and very effective. Keeps my Buddies 11.7 107 CHT below 250 degrees. Love Jug fans look silly with the outer design of the fan housing to much bling...and less is more. Totally takes away from the Engine on the left side and the fans are to big.

RT
Olivepearl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

FreddyP wants to know Dino or Syn?
And here's another option. The kit is getting good reviews over on another forum I frequent.

http://www.wardspartswerks.com/

Thinking about a set because the heat in Sin City can be brutal :-(
FreddyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

Olivepearl wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyP View Post
And here's another option. The kit is getting good reviews over on another forum I frequent.

http://www.wardspartswerks.com/

Thinking about a set because the heat in Sin City can be brutal :-(
You can't go wrong with Wards Fan Kit and Jason is awesome to work with.
Olivepearl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

1rusty1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Well I researched them all last summer. I bought the Lenale fan because I though it looked the best on the bike. The others just don't look like they were made to be there though I'm sure they all work

I did buy the big sky fans for the oil cooler and they were easy to mount and are hidden behind the cooler and I considered their head fan as a second choice.

When I'm in stop and go traffic, the fans seem to hold the temp down pretty good but if I sit at idle too long the temp will still rise. Just not as fast.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
FNG :)

equayonv wants to know Dino or Syn?
Love Jugs Cooling Fans

I'm new to the forum here but, I wanted to let you know that when I bought my 2012 HD Triglide, the first traffic jam that I got stuck in almost fried me and my wife, so I got to doing alot of research on the different cooling fan systems and other ways to cool the Trike down.
I'm not new to Harleys and am well aware that they run hot.
I was in a partnership in a Bike shop years back and we installed quite a number of the Harley Parade fans as this was the only ones available at the time, so it surprised me to find a selection of systems to choose from.
Anyway, I settled with the Love Jugs Fans and I haven't had a single problem with them at all.
They lower the engine heat approximately 80 degrees and it makes things alot more bearable on super hot days and when I'm caught in traffic. No more having to pull over and stop to let it cool down.
Look, everybody has their own opinions about which cooling fans are the best for them, but to me.....Love Jugs are the best investment anyone can make for the Bike or Trike that we have all sunk our money into.
Their new website is: http:www.love-jugs.com
They also have a new banner that you can click onto this forum that will take you straight to their site.
I do not work for these folks and I have to say that they are some of the finest people around to deal with.
Try them. I think you'll be quite satisfied.
equayonv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Vendor

Steve Jugs wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks equayonv!!! We will re-post in our testimonial section. Keep in touch!
Steve Jugs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.