Vitamins and Supplements : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Off Topic Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

GrayRider is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Vitamins and Supplements

The Appalachian Princess gives me a handful to take every morning. There's even something for my memory, but I don't remember what it is.
GrayRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2005, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Alter Ego

Rock wants to know Dino or Syn?
That's good she's taking real good care of you! You need a good multi-vitamin daily. I work out pretty hard so I take specific ones like B100 and my mult-vitamin is timed realeased through out the day so I don't urinate it all out in the morning. Can't be Rock Steady without taking the vitamins!

P.S. I'll bet that memory vitamin is Ginko Biloba.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

OldMiC wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'll stick to my Vitametavegemin.
OldMiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Y2K King wants to know Dino or Syn?
try solgar vm-75 for a great multi.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Alter Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMiC
I'll stick to my Vitametavegemin.
Vi-t-a...Vitam-e-t....Vitametave-g-e-m
Does that come in Vivid Black?

Old 07-25-2005, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
I love BIG headlights...

Griffiss wants to know Dino or Syn?
Luuuucy you got sum 'splainin to do....
I saw this thing on Dateline I think, it was about this new wonder suppliment that is supposed to be a super anti-oxident, its called Protandim. The reporter on the show took it for 2 weeks and some test they did showed a big reduction in something that was supposed to be a good thing. He said he felt better. I said what the heck looked it up on the web and it's $49 for a month supply, hey cheaper that anything at the HD dealer so I ordered a bottle. I been taking it about 13 days, here is what I have noticed, it gives me gas really really awful gas but it goes away after about 2 hours and seems to be getting less every day. Secondly and this one surprised me, it has been unbelievablely HOT here this summer and like everyone else I have been dieing with the heat I am a big guy, 6' close to 300lb's since I started taking the stuff the heat doesn't bother me as much, I don't sweat as much either. I have always been the type that breaks a sweat brushing my teeth so this is not a bad thing. I do seem to feel pretty good but not neccessary any better. Who knows if this stuff works supposed to work pretty fast guess I take the rest of the bottle and see what happens. When I went for a check up the other day the Dr. said I looked younger and had a great check up, doubt it had anything to do with it but ya never know. Anyone else tried this stuff? I am diabetic have arthritus and have a titanium hip, I would eat moose droppings if it would help with any of those problems or help keep me on 2 wheels a few more years.
S&S 585g cams, SE 10.5 forged pistons
Thunder Max EFI
Gerolomy Intake and dual runner 50mm throttle body
RB Racing LSR's "C" 2 into 1
Hydraulic Clutch with AIM VP83T VPC
Lyndall Z-pads

Board of Directors Rolling Thunder® VA. Chapter #3

Last edited by Griffiss; 07-25-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Griffiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Alter Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffiss
Luuuucy you got sum 'splainin to do....
I saw this thing on Dateline I think, it was about this new wonder suppliment that is supposed to be a super anti-oxident, its called Protandim. The reporter on the show took it for 2 weeks and some test they did showed a big reduction in something that was supposed to be a good thing. He said he felt better. I said what the heck looked it up on the web and it's $49 for a month supply, hey cheaper that anything at the HD dealer so I ordered a bottle. I been taking it about 13 days, here is what I have noticed, it gives me gas really really awful gas but it goes away after about 2 hours and seems to be getting less every day. Secondly and this one surprised me, it has been unbelievablely HOT here this summer and like everyone else I have been dieing with the heat I am a big guy, 6' close to 300lb's since I started taking the stuff the heat doesn't bother me as much, I don't sweat as much either. I have always been the type that breaks a sweat brushing my teeth so this is not a bad thing. I do seem to feel pretty good but not neccessary any better. Who knows if this stuff works supposed to work pretty fast guess I take the rest of the bottle and see what happens. When I went for a check up the other day the Dr. said I looked younger and had a great check up, doubt it had anything to do with it but ya never know. Anyone else tried this stuff? I am diabetic have arthritus and have a titanium hip, I would eat moose droppings if it would help with any of those problems or help keep me on 2 wheels a few more years.

This is killing me over here. Sounds like you're taking something and you dont' know what it's suppose to do!!!
Quote:
showed a big reduction in something that was supposed to be a good thing
From the symptoms is sounds like you're taking something related to paint thiner.
Quote:
it gives me gas really really awful gas...I don't sweat as much either
Please check the label my friend. Wouldn't want you to be swallowing the wrong material.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

David III wants to know Dino or Syn?
I take vitamins made by Advocare. Supposed to give me energy and help me lose weight. Not a fast process, but in a year I've lost six inches off my waist, about 10 pounds on the scale, my chest size increased 2 inches -- all with the same high beer intake. Works for me. Your results may vary, blah blah blah...
I'd sure like to find a "cigarettes are forgotten" vitamin. I quit about three months ago.... Sturgis is going to be tough without smokes.
David III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
EASY DOES IT

swmnkdinthervr wants to know Dino or Syn?
my ex ate veggies and called herself a vegitarian...I'm a humanitarian

My pics

'04 Springer Softtail, 98" Nikasil
swmnkdinthervr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

My wife always gives me my vitamitavegamin (it comes as a liquid, like cough medicine) after dinner; I'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but I always feel better when I drink it. It comes in a big bottle marked "Sam Buca" - He must be the guy that makes it or something.

It doesn't taste that bad either.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
BJG
IronButt

BJG wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMiC
My wife always gives me my vitamitavegamin (it comes as a liquid, like cough medicine) after dinner; I'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but I always feel better when I drink it. It comes in a big bottle marked "Sam Buca" - He must be the guy that makes it or something.

It doesn't taste that bad either.
Yeah I know the stuff. I get the generic mexican version. I'ts made by some guy named Jose Quervo.
Hey, hey, easy kids. Everybody in the car. Boat leaves in two minutes... or perhaps you don't want to see the second largest ball of twine on the face of the earth, which is only four short hours away?
BJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

Some Guy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Remember that vitamins are really SUPPLEMENTS. If you are eating a healthy diet you get all you need. If you don't, taking a one-a-day type vitamin can help to fill in your deficiencies. OTOH, anyone who's taking big doses of vitamins is fooling themselves, you just pee it all out.

And please, no one start saying how colloidal silver is the cure for everything!
Some Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Sure, I know Jose - here's a little tip; for extra vitamin C, just add a little lime juice and some crushed ice, that helps kill the taste - Jose makes a healthy drink, it just tastes a little rough without mix.

Now Senor Sauza... he whips up a fine vitamin mix that I prefer right out of the tablespoon.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Thunderhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy
Remember that vitamins are really SUPPLEMENTS. If you are eating a healthy diet you get all you need. If you don't, taking a one-a-day type vitamin can help to fill in your deficiencies. OTOH, anyone who's taking big doses of vitamins is fooling themselves, you just pee it all out.

And please, no one start saying how colloidal silver is the cure for everything!
He is correct..There have been studies showing how taking vitamins will acually " feed " cancer cells in the human body . Bottom line , Eat a good balanced diet.
...Oh, and that would be Ginko Billoba GrayRider...One serious concern with ginkgo is the possible increased risk of bleeding. There are several cases of people bleeding inside their heads while taking ginkgo, which may occur more frequently in people also taking drugs that affect bleeding, such as aspirin or Coumadin...Be careful...
Thunderhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy

Oh, so you're saying I don't need to take my colloidal silver? I make a fresh batch every month! Just be careful, if you don't dilute it before you drink it, it can be fatal.

Next you'll be telling me that I don't need the Faraday cage I made out of my garage to protect me from EMF when the big one hits.

BTW, you can make a small one out of an ammo can to protect you're portable radio and stuff.

Got all this great info. from a local cable channel I used to watch when I lived in Kenohsa, WI; very informative - and entertaining.

Sorry, now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement