Constitution failed? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Off Topic Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

huskerbob is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Constitution failed?

Short article about what was probably Rep. Ron Paul's final address to Congress.

whether you agree or disagree, his remarks warrant consideration.

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-depar...-politics.html
huskerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

1rusty1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
IMO he couldn’t be more correct.
1rusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
Certain sad justice that RP's career should end the same year that America voted to end it's relationship with the Constitution. He's right; the Constitution has failed to do what it was intended: preserve liberty for the people, ensure federalism, and limit the power of the central government. I guess the prognosticators were right: eventually man will always choose authoritarian rule over self-governance, it was just a matter of time.

God-speed Ron Paul.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
In todays world the Constitution is nothing more than what 5 or more of 9 say it is.
What those 5 of nine say is the final word on what the Constitution says or does not say.
What Ron Paul you or I think is meaningless.
While you were sleeping all the rules changed. So forget all this talk about a Constitution we no longer have one . We have a document that will change with the appointment of 1 justice .
100 years or understanding will be dismissed by 5 or 9 never forget that.
But soon your about to feel it's effects.
People will choose free stuff.....
Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
The Constitution hasn't failed, that's like saying your service manual failed because you didn't read it before you tuned your bike.

Our Constitution is still the roadmap to a great nation. We just ain't reading it.

We are failing our Constitution. Big time.

joe
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Homesick is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
The Constitution hasn't failed, that's like saying your service manual failed because you didn't read it before you tuned your bike.

Our Constitution is still the roadmap to a great nation. We just ain't reading it.

joe
I agree. They trample the constitution and we keep putting them back in office. We deserve what we get.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

1rusty1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

joe
That's the very point he was making in his speech.

"Our Constitution, which was intended to limit government power and abuse, has failed," Paul said. "The Founders warned that a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people. The current crisis reflects that their concerns were justified."
1rusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
I agree. They trample the constitution and we keep putting them back in office. We deserve what we get.
Quote:

joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
Certain sad justice that RP's career should end the same year that America voted to end it's relationship with the Constitution. He's right; the Constitution has failed to do what it was intended: preserve liberty for the people, ensure federalism, and limit the power of the central government. I guess the prognosticators were right: eventually man will always choose authoritarian rule over self-governance, it was just a matter of time.

God-speed Ron Paul.
EXACTLY! Yes, our government is corrupt and self serving. Why? Because the majority of people in this country are corrupt and self serving. Some people on this forum (and in general) just need to come to grips with the fact that our government precisely represents us.

In my own world I hear many who complain about "how bad the economy is" and the lack of jobs and work. At the same time, I see those with work who don't give a crap about quality, service, ethics, craftmanship, honesty or anything other than their own greed. A lot of people are not out of work because of the economy or the government, they are out because of themselves. The authoritarian rule gives them an excuse. It relieves the responsibility of thinking and doing for one's self. That is why we do it.

Just a little aside here, one thing I have learned in the past year; Never trust a contractor who has religious quotes on their company letterhead. That is obviously done to try and fool somebody into believing they are honest.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Z16Monte wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
In todays world the Constitution is nothing more than what 5 or more of 9 say it is.
What those 5 of nine say is the final word on what the Constitution says or does not say.
What Ron Paul you or I think is meaningless.
While you were sleeping all the rules changed. So forget all this talk about a Constitution we no longer have one . We have a document that will change with the appointment of 1 justice .
100 years or understanding will be dismissed by 5 or 9 never forget that.
But soon your about to feel it's effects.
People will choose free stuff.....
Those nine have always been the "final answer" to what is constitutional. It was intended to be. We have always also had the ability to overide the SC by amending the constitution to reflect what we , as a society, want. Not accepting the Constitution as the limiting factor in government power is what is causing most of the issues we are having today.
Z16Monte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
...Just a little aside here, one thing I have learned in the past year; Never trust a contractor who has religious quotes on their company letterhead. That is obviously done to try and fool somebody into believing they are honest.
Please say you're kidding.

How about... Never trust a man who judges a whole group by one member. He is obviously trying to fool somebody into believing he is competent.

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z16Monte View Post
Those nine have always been the "final answer" to what is constitutional. It was intended to be. We have always also had the ability to overide the SC by amending the constitution to reflect what we , as a society, want. Not accepting the Constitution as the limiting factor in government power is what is causing most of the issues we are having today.
Not really in the past it was more of looking at it and seeing how the current world fit in.
Now it just appoint someone that will rule my way no madder what.
But no sense talking about it we will see soon enough.
There is really no respect of law any more just a madder of what I can get passed. We pushed it to far like most things, now we will pay for it.
We saw it in Wisconsin over the last couple years how a few justices in the right court can stop anything. We also saw DA's ignore crimes because it fit their agenda and do it openly and dare anyone to try and do something about it.
I hope I am wrong and we will wake up but not betting on it.
We saw in State election 110% count on voters a GAB say it don't madder. 1000's of us had our names show up on a recall we did not sign and were told to go away nothing you can do about it.
We have become a 3rd world nation.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

huskerbob is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:

Just a little aside here, one thing I have learned in the past year; Never trust a contractor who has religious quotes on their company letterhead. That is obviously done to try and fool somebody into believing they are honest.

i'm with you on this one G Man. without knowing the specifics of your situation, i'm pretty sure i learned the same lesson you learned............the hard way.

i now purposely avoid doing business with those who actively promote their personal beliefs as a component of their advertising. why do i care if a lawyer, doctor, plumber,grocer, lawn maintenance guy or painter is a believer or member of ANY religious group???

the fastest way they can get crossed off of my 'potential vendor' list is to hang a "Jesus fish" or any other religious symbol on their truck or in their advertising.

PS: i apologize to the O.P. for the thread drift. he is OBVIOUSLY an extremely intelligent individual with a great deal of insight into the political, religious and overall general human condition. I watch for all of his threads and read them with great interest. I find i never disagree with any position he takes. the guy's a freakin' genius!!!!

Last edited by huskerbob; 11-17-2012 at 12:41 AM.
huskerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
we need all citizens to think like Ron Paul
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Please say you're kidding.

How about... Never trust a man who judges a whole group by one member. He is obviously trying to fool somebody into believing he is competent.

joe
I apologize if you found that offensive. I am not out to knock religion, I just don't think it should be mixed with business and especially when the owner of the business is a cheat.

To qualify my statement, I had an experience earlier this year with a subcontractor on a job who outright lied about how he installed something and then when we took it apart and proved he lied, he forged a letter from a product manufacturer to try and justify his actions.

I would have thought that to be an isolated incident until a very similar thing just happened this week. A different contractor on a different project in a different discipline of work.

The one thing these 2 had in common was the promotion of good biblical quotes on the bottom of their letterhead.

So, understand I am not saying anything bad about religion, I am reacting to a personal experience of people whom I have recently seen that felt the need to use scripture on company documents (for whatever reason they may have chosen to do that), and then acted in direct contradiction to the implications of that scripture.

Oddly enough, of the dozens of contractors I have dealt with in this same year, they are the only 2 who have scripture on their documents.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Quote:
I apologize if you found that offensive. I am not out to knock religion, I just don't think it should be mixed with business and especially when the owner of the business is a cheat.

To qualify my statement, I had an experience earlier this year with a subcontractor on a job who outright lied about how he installed something and then when we took it apart and proved he lied, he forged a letter from a product manufacturer to try and justify his actions.

I would have thought that to be an isolated incident until a very similar thing just happened this week. A different contractor on a different project in a different discipline of work.

The one thing these 2 had in common was the promotion of good biblical quotes on the bottom of their letterhead.

So, understand I am not saying anything bad about religion, I am reacting to a personal experience of people whom I have recently seen that felt the need to use scripture on company documents (for whatever reason they may have chosen to do that), and then acted in direct contradiction to the implications of that scripture.

Oddly enough, of the dozens of contractors I have dealt with in this same year, they are the only 2 who have scripture on their documents.
Man, I understand. I believe and I pray, and those guys tingle my spidey senses too. I've been burned by a couple of them. I'm just not gonna call all of them crooks in advance.

I know it's not religion you're talking about, but the snakes or incompetents who (mis)use it.

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.