Vote Early - Vote Often - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Off Topic Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I voted this morning on my way to work. I had myself convinced that I'd be able to be in and out within 15 minutes--I was wrong. I pulled in at around 5:50am (polls opened at 6am here in VA) and the line was already very long. My wife went around 10am and she said it was packed. I'm new to this area so I can't say voter turn out is heavier than normal-- from looking at the district statistics, voter turn out is historically high (80%).

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiAngle View Post
I voted this morning on my way to work. I had myself convinced that I'd be able to be in and out within 15 minutes--I was wrong. I pulled in at around 5:50am (polls opened at 6am here in VA) and the line was already very long. My wife went around 10am and she said it was packed. I'm new to this area so I can't say voter turn out is heavier than normal-- from looking at the district statistics, voter turn out is historically high (80%).
Same here. I stopped on the way to work but couldn't stay, the wait was over an hour. Took a break and went back a couple of hours ago, about 2:00 PM, and no line at all.

They said turnout was extremely high.
jammer45u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Left home about 9:45am, voted and was home by 10:00 am.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

DueceDog wants to know Dino or Syn?
I went to vote at 10 am, and saw the longest lines I've ever seen in our town. That in itself is good. At least (apparently) more people are voting.

I just saw a tv news report of a man voting in Pennsylvania who was video taping his selections. It showed that every time he pressed the button for Obama, the machine would select Romney. Got it on video.
He was finally able to figure out just how get his vote accepted correctly. He reported it and they supposedly pulled the machine for 'recalibration'.

Vietnam Vet
PGR rider

Last edited by DueceDog; 11-06-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: As JBourquin stated, I had it wrong. It's corrected
DueceDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

JBourquin wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDog View Post
I went to vote at 10 am, and saw the longest lines I've ever seen in our town. That in itself is good. At least (apparently) more people are voting.

I just saw a tv news report of a man voting in Pennsylvania who was video taping his selections. It showed that every time he pressed the button for Romney, the machine would select Obama. Got it on video.
He was finally able to figure out just how get his vote accepted correctly. He reported it and they supposedly pulled the machine for 'recalibration'.

I believe it was the other way around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-booths.html

Last edited by JBourquin; 11-06-2012 at 06:18 PM.
JBourquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
Left home about 9:45am, voted and was home by 10:00 am.
About the same here. Wife got home and we went to vote, had dinner and back home in about 2 hours. Most of the folks living around here are retired though, so they get out early.
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

thrasher wants to know Dino or Syn?
10 minute walk to the polls, no wait, and 10 minute walk back to the house. Pleasant evening. Doesn't get much better than that.

thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Spaced Defender

DuckDodgers wants to know Dino or Syn?
DuckDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement