Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Off Topic Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Iron Butt

Bronxhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
I hope you are bringing gas because we have none here.-at least not yet
Bronxhog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #32 (permalink)
IronButt

Flexin wants to know Dino or Syn?
They also have a problem with pumping gas at the stations. Most don't have a generator. If you find a station that can pump, they are recording your license plate number, you can't rerun for almost a week. Police are at the stations also.

My buddy headed up there to work on gas lines, I asked him if he brought his pistol just to be safe. You never know.
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
IronButt

machinist wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am 30 mi n of philly.
My son from jersey lived here until his power came back. His home has it. His work does not.
my neighbors to the south and east still dont have power though the majority of the area does now.
Gas has been readily available since friday.
Houses with trees in them are numerous
and we were on the fringe.....
machinist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #34 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is still riding a stock bike DJW is still riding a stock bike
I'm back. Desperate situation there. Really tough to see. Gas lines are heartbreaking. Nice people, good neighbors to each other. Scammers everywhere preying on the gullible and the desperate. The press is not coming close to really telling how bad things are there right now...and there is another storm headed there in just 24 hours. As one official said...we're just about 2 days away from rioting

Very sad.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxhog View Post
I hope you are bringing gas because we have none here.-at least not yet
Yes, I did. Otherwise, I'd still be there in line or paying one of the homeless guys that are standing in line and then selling their 5 gal can for $60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

My buddy headed up there to work on gas lines, I asked him if he brought his pistol just to be safe. You never know.
Damn straight.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #36 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

As if Sandy wasn't bad enough along comes a winter storm to dump snow and ice on these people.

Now that the election is over, the press will magically appear to realize the dire straights that the people down there are in. Where I was in Nassau County last Monday I was the first responder. It had been a week and nobody there had seen any one. Not cops, not fire, nobody but me and national grid. Things were bad then, the snow, rain and ice will make it unbearable.

But at least now..the press will be willing to let the rest of the country know what's really happening there. You're going to be shocked
Old 11-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #37 (permalink)
IronButt

Shaw_2112 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
As if Sandy wasn't bad enough along comes a winter storm to dump snow and ice on these people.

Now that the election is over, the press will magically appear to realize the dire straights that the people down there are in. Where I was in Nassau County last Monday I was the first responder. It had been a week and nobody there had seen any one. Not cops, not fire, nobody but me and national grid. Things were bad then, the snow, rain and ice will make it unbearable.

But at least now..the press will be willing to let the rest of the country know what's really happening there. You're going to be shocked
I'm having difficulty feeling any sympathy because these are the morons that gave us Obama...
Old 11-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
Iron Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw_2112 View Post
I'm having difficulty feeling any sympathy because these are the morons that gave us Obama...
you ought to be ashamed of that comment...disgusting

Last edited by Bronxhog; 11-08-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #39 (permalink)
IronButt

rscalzo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Yet the moron doesn't know that VA went Democratic 51%/48%. So glad he finds comfort in other's misery.
rscalzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxhog View Post
you ought to be ashamed of that comment...disguting
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Yet the moron doesn't know that VA went Democratic 51%/48%. So glad he finds comfort in other's misery.
I said difficult, not impossible, I'm not completely heartless, and yes I'm aware VA went blue, primarily due to an influx of Northerners into our once Red state...
Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #41 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

What a shock. The AP just realized the power wasn't on yet:

Quote:
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (AP)... A week and a half after Superstorm Sandy slammed the coast and inflicted tens of billions of dollars in damage, hundreds of thousands of customers in New York and New Jersey are still waiting for the electricity to come back on, and lots of cold and tired people are losing patience. Some are demanding investigations of utilities they say aren’t working fast enough.
That's BS too. The utility trucks are the only people getting anything done. I can't tell you how many people I had to explain that if they turn the power on to their houses before the establish that there aren't any gas leaks they're going to blow the whole freaking town up.

I had the national guard ask ME, where they should put the generators for voting yesterday. I told them at the gas stations!

Finally, the rest of America is going to find out what's been going on there: http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s..._river_default

Had to wait a week until after the election results though. You tell me....did any of you outside of NY even know about this?

PS. 8" of wet snow there today..and no gas for snow blowers or plows. Going to be in the 60s this weekend...and then the stink will start to rise....

Last edited by DJW; 11-08-2012 at 04:31 PM.
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #42 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

I forgot to mention the 23 million rats that came out of the subway.

But don't worry...only the strong ones survived.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #43 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
set traps. good source of protein.

Seek the truth. Only then will justice and mercy be yours. Do not make religion your trade nor piety a profession.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #44 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW View Post
What a shock. The AP just realized the power wasn't on yet:

That's BS too. The utility trucks are the only people getting anything done. I can't tell you how many people I had to explain that if they turn the power on to their houses before the establish that there aren't any gas leaks they're going to blow the whole freaking town up.

I had the national guard ask ME, where they should put the generators for voting yesterday. I told them at the gas stations!

Finally, the rest of America is going to find out what's been going on there: http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s..._river_default

Had to wait a week until after the election results though. You tell me....did any of you outside of NY even know about this?

PS. 8" of wet snow there today..and no gas for snow blowers or plows. Going to be in the 60s this weekend...and then the stink will start to rise....
of course they had to wait until after the election, couldn't let the country know what a **** job FEMA is doing, couldn't have another Katrina to spoil Obama's re-election...
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #45 (permalink)
Iron Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw_2112 View Post
of course they had to wait until after the election, couldn't let the country know what a **** job FEMA is doing, couldn't have another Katrina to spoil Obama's re-election...
Does everything have to be political to you?

And I might add from your previous post some of the areas hit hardest were republican strong holds such as Staten Is,Suffolk county and parts of South Jersey.

This is not R&P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.