Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Off Topic Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

machinist wants to know Dino or Syn?
has been blowing like hell in se pa for a few hours now. Some siding flew off a little while ago. Rain comes and goes. gotta be a biatch down at the shore and up Long Island Sound way. So far I still have power tho its been blinking now and then. I am on one leg of an industrial 3 phase supply rather then residential hi-power in PPL service area. They mind the 3 phase lines closer then the single phase ones. I live in a mature woods and I have had botanical shrapnel flying around for a while today. Cant wait for the sun to come up and see if I can get out of here in the morning.
machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

monkeyboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just saw this on the news. It's getting ugly here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	storm.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	74602  
Old 10-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
FNG :)

bccajun wants to know Dino or Syn?
Stay safe Northeast, think before u react, been through quite a few down here in south Louisiana since 1959, never left home!
2006 Destroyer
bccajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
It wasn't too bad here in north Virginia. A steady rain and a little windy, maybe up to 45 MPH. I took my wife to work in the worst of the wind/rain last night. The wind slacked up around 4am. Conditions were a lot better when I picked her up this morning. We never lost power, didn't use my one burner stove, beer stayed cold. Never been in a tropical storm with the temperature below 50 before.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Live Free or Die

HiAngle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
It wasn't too bad here in north Virginia. A steady rain and a little windy, maybe up to 45 MPH. I took my wife to work in the worst of the wind/rain last night. The wind slacked up around 4am. Conditions were a lot better when I picked her up this morning. We never lost power, didn't use my one burner stove, beer stayed cold. Never been in a tropical storm with the temperature below 50 before.
Same here, Salty. We had a couple of good gusts--- maybe in the 50-60 mph range but for the most part, nothing too crazy. I have some limbs down but none are very large. A lot of leaves came out of the trees and thankfully, didn't stay in my yard. Nor did my neighbors leaves come to my yard.

If I could go back and change one thing, I would have trained my dogs to use a toilet.

Still raining here but little to no wind.

The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
HiAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

Shaw_2112 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lot of rain down here in Norfolk but nothing serious, hope everyone up north is doing OK...
Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Iron Butt

Bronxhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
8.2 million without power up/down east coast...2.5 in jersey alone

Last edited by Bronxhog; 10-30-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Bronxhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Iron Butt

DAKSY wants to know Dino or Syn?
We made it thru last nite with minimal havoc. Some branches came done, but nothing big enough to do any damage. The wind HOWLED like crazy all nite, & I expected much worse. The power only "blinked" once & we didn't get as much rain as they predicted.
I admit that I couldn't see a whole lot at 6:25 thais AM in the dark & I won't get home til after 9:00, so I may find additional damage after work tomorrow...
As I sit here now in my office, it's weird watching a NorEaster without seeing snow or rain. I don't think I've EVER seen the clouds moving this fast in a CCW direction up here. They normally move from West to East with the Jetstream...Crazy...

14 Limited Charcoal Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl
PGR # 492
PGRNY-5 Ride Captain

DAKSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Just saw this on the news. It's getting ugly here.
Good one monk!

Hope everyone is faring well.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Iron Butt

Bronxhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
80 homes burned to the ground in one Quenns,N.Y. neighborhood

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...s&VID=23862441

Last edited by Bronxhog; 10-30-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Bronxhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
FNG :)

KEVINZ07 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I live in NJ were ok but the shore area got slamed no more Jersey shore .Sad to see look up pic on google
KEVINZ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
50 Billion in damage. We didn't get much of it, but the rain continues at least until Friday.

Happy Halloween everyone, stay safe.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
85% of Long Island w/o power, including me. I'm on a main line that also feeds the Northport VA hospital, which the utility considers a priority and we're still w/o power. Been running an 8000 watt genset and ran cords to 2 of my neighbors just to get their boilers and fridges going. Tons of trees are down all around me. Luckily I had 11 mature pin oaks removed a number of years ago because practically every house on my block that has tall trees have substantial damage. Had to refill gas cans for the genny and hit roadblock after roadblock. Was diverted 5 miles out of my way just to find a station that had power. Fort Salonga, the town next to mine known for large estates and heavily wooded lots looks like a nuclear bomb hit it. Right now I'm going out of my mind because there's tons of chainsaws clearing the debris. No local flooding as I'm too far from the water.

So, I guess the insurance companies that pulled out of coastal Long Island were right, we were long overdue for a big hit and here it is. Now watch as they all come back since the statistics now favor them...
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
IronButt

machinist wants to know Dino or Syn?
gonna be a lot of thoroughly washed quality used cars coming out of the northeast soon.
machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Headed to Long Island and as part of a building condition assessment team. Wish me luck on getting there...
Advertisement