V-Twin Forum banner

New guy how it started

320 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Larbaldi 
#1 ·
always big fan of harleys. got re-married 12 years ago and my wifes 2 brothers (both a little older than me) lifelong bikers. both have shovelheads and newer fatboys. one brother-in-law is near the end of constructing his 3rd bike from scratch. anyway,11 years ago one of her brothers found a early 84 softail for sale in his home state of colorado. knew i was looking for a bike especially since had recently purchased a 99 XL1200C from a bike shop in Dumfries,VA for my wife. not bogged down with cash by no means so new was not an option. by the way we live in iowa and still have the same bikes. i work on both bikes myself. local dealer reluctant to repair bikes if didnt buy from him. i like it better this way anyhow. this bike is in my soul. 1st year of evo and softail. only 2 colors offered black and candy red metallic. mine is red origonal paint. its needs new paint and will get it. i wont change color though. has the dry clutch carried over from the shovelheads. electric and kickstart, wide glide front end. its awesome. i'll never sell it. added fwd. controls, killer pipes, lots of cosmetic stuff. odometer says 56,000 but hasnt worked since ive owned it. no idea how many miles it has. i dont beat on it. treat her like gold. she IS 30 years old. Charlene is name i chose, but i keep that 2 myself. thats the name the guy in Full Metal Jacket gave his rifle. love that movie! thats about it

#3 ·
Welcome from rain soaked Florida.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.