V-Twin Forum banner

I just don't feel this old

616 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  tennheritage 
#1 ·
New fella here. My name is Ken. I rode for my first time in 1972 when I was 20 years old. I rode a Honda 305cc Super hawk from San Francisco, Ca to Collinston, La. The bike had the front forks extended and brazed so no front suspension the back fender was cut to look like a Sportster and it had a peanut tank that would only go 60 miles. the seat was a piece upholstered plywood that sat directly on the battery (why I broke down in Paris Texas). Needless to say It was a white knuckle experience that lasted for five days. Well the bike was sold and I am convinced it is why I have back problems to this day. So fast forward. The wife and I are taking a Sunday afternoon ride to the Indian reservation to get gas one afternoon and two bikes go by. She looks over at me and says "I cant believe I am going to say this, but I want you to buy a bike" Well!!!!!! five days later I am the proud owner of a 2006 FLHPI with only 17k on it and in near perfect condition.

I found this forum while looking for more info on the police special and wound up here.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it:beer:
Ken

#2 ·
Welcome from Sebring, Florida. WNY is that Western New York?

#7 ·
I'm is the same boat (bike) as some of you,,, got my first bike at 16 in 1965,, a 150 Honda. Sold that when I went into the Navy and while stationed in Morocco Africa bought a 1972 Honda CB750. Still have it but have not ridden in many years. My wife and I retired in southern Maine and snowmobile during the winter and wanted a summer sport. There are many thousands of bikers in Maine so we took a ride to Seacoast HD in Portsmouth, NH. A few weeks later we are happy owners of a 2014 Softail Deluxe and 2014 Street Glide Special

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.