V-Twin Forum banner

my new baby

458 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Michael Psycle 
#1 ·
about 4 years ago my best friend called me and ask me to help him do a tree job. it consisted of removing 1 tree and trimming 3 others. the deal was he wasnot getting paid cash insted he was doing it in trade for and 83 susuki that this womans ex-husband had completly striped and had the frame hard-tailed. he had been looking for a project and this was a pretty good deal. i was to help him do the job and in return further down the road he would help me do somthing to get me a project bike when the oppertunity arose. long story short after alot of days in the garage and alot of beer later we finished that bike. he sold it and got another bike, a harley this time, and another long winter inthe garage we built it. he traded up for another one ect. untill he a got an 85 tour glide classic from a guy that had busted some gears in the tranny, he had it most of the way torn down and gave up on it. shorty after getting this bike he had recieved an inheritance from his grandfather passing away. he called me over to the garage one day and told me about the inheritance he had recieved. he said he was going to go out and buy a bike that he really wanted, and the 85 tour glide was mine now!!! i couldnt ask for a beter friend!! so now thats my project this winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.