Im back after 30 years! : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > My Story, the Beginning...
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

vic hale wants to know Dino or Syn?
Im back after 30 years!

When I was 12 my dad who rode dressers all his life bought me a 50 cc Harley and I ruled the gravel roads as all my farm neighbors had mini bikes back in the late 60's. Its shifter was on the left handle bar and people that know this bike knows it had big long fenders. My dad helped me cut the fenders down and he bought me nobie tires foor it. We had horses and at 14 he let me board horses out and he came home one day with a new 125 Rapido. Then at 17 we moved intoo a bigger town and I worked at a store and he let me buy a 69 900 sporster with the good old magneto and kick start. had that for 4 years and cracked the case and I couldnt afford to fiix iit so sold it. He let me ride his bikes as he then had a Super Gliide and Eletra Gliide. Then I went and got married and had a son and at 8 got him into kart racing then at 16 we got into ASA asphalt racing and did good. In 2008 we got flooded in Ceadr Rapids Ia. and solld the race car and after we got the house done I told my wiife I needed another bike. She gave me enough to get a Honda VTX and I put a Reckless.com faiiiring on iit and had iit 2 years. My son bought a 2006 Street Glide 2 months ago with a ported head and tw37 cams and ported head. I rode it and I was hooked so 2 weekes ago I traded it for a stock 2008 Burgundy Street Glide with Rush pipes. and Now the new story begines! Did I say at 16 I had a Baha 100 Harley and smoked the farm boys at the local Moto Cross track! I want 555 cams now but first will just go for the stage 1 air cleaner kiit. Hope I didnt make you guys fall asleep with this story LOL. Oh one last thing. I told my dad on the phone back when I got the Honda, and he is 82 and when I told him I needed to go he told me ok but have my wife cook me a biig bowl of rice tonight! He is happy Im back on a Harley.
vic hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Rollmeaway wants to know Dino or Syn?
Nothing like a good story. Quite entertainig if I do say so myself. Talk about livin the dream Vic ... sounds like you have enjoyed life ... godd to see ya here & by the way

to the forum
And we rolled...... clean out of sight

Dare...

2000 FXST - Carbed
Rollmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Good for you. Have fun. But you have to find some hills to ride in. Good luck with that.

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy. -Charles de Montesquieu
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
FNG :)

vic hale wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks for the replys, I was going to wait until spring to trade the Honda in but went and got my first tatoo at 56. It was the Harley emplem with an eagle with its wings wraped around the emblem and all my Harley friends were giving me a hard time about having a Harley Tatoo and owning a Honda so traded it this fall LOL. The Cedarr Rapiids dealer must of needed too move some bikkes as I gooot 1000 moore trade in then I paid for it. And the price was on the Glide when II looked at iiit soo I know they didnt jack the priice of it up. Did I say I live 10 miles from JP cycles?
vic hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement