new from Norway
Since I started rebuilding my 1990 FXRS-sp I thought it might be an idea to join this forum. Also since I keep ending up here when googling for solutions...
Bought my FXRS and started riding when I was 21 and got my license a couple of months later.
Longest relationship I've had is with my FXR... had it for about 14 years now.
Have had big plans and ideas about rebuilding it for some time now and since I finnished building a garage to my house I finally have a good spot to do it in.
The idea is to lower it as much as is practically possible and create a mean looking bobber/streetbike cross over... (if that makes any sense )
summary of what is on my to do list...
- powdercoating frame, tripple tree and fork(black)
- chopping rear fender
- fender and tank flat black
- lowering back to 10.5 or 11"
- front down 2 or 3"
- build a new seat
- mini speedo with home made bracket
- open belt
- replace side covers with something "home made" and cooler
- wide tire solution (140 or 150)
- and a bunch of other stuff that I didn't think of or ran into...
So I guess I won't see my son until next spring...
As you see I am probably gonna be in this forum on a regular basis the coming time.
Greetings from Norway!