Me and my Pan : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > My Story, the Beginning...
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

crasha51pan wants to know Dino or Syn?
Me and my Pan

Got out of the Marine Corp in 69. I was angry and felt alone. Ran into my first serious relationship, a 1948 Panhead. This bike saved my life, when I was ridin, I was good ! Panheads stayed in my life for the next 33 years...

Where I came from....

What I went too...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	368739_1669832183_1085170461_n.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	70104   Click image for larger version

Name:	372380_1669832183_908400202_n.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	70105   Click image for larger version

Name:	372597_1669832183_1435146209_n.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	70106  

Last edited by crasha51pan; 01-22-2010 at 09:14 AM.
crasha51pan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

skltr wants to know Dino or Syn?
from SoCal, still got the Pan??
skltr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

claydbal is reading this now saying WTF is this?
crashapan, thank you for your service.
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Me and that old scooter rode all over California, happiest in the mountains..
We stayed together 6 or 7 years.
By the way, thanks for the sentiment ! It's still nice to hear...

Old 04-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Never understood the attraction to motorcycles until:

This is for any VNV, you old tramps might find this interesting. My son is on his way back from Iraq, he's in Kuwait now. He called me last night, seems they are interviewing the guy's, checkin for PTSD I guess. They gave them some "SIGNS" they needed to be on the lookout for. These two were most interesting.
1. If they began to fight
2. If they buy a motorcycle
He said, "Dad, now it all makes sence".....I had to laugh !!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Learned early, when you ride old iron, things break ! Someone would shag parts, some would use the time to catch up on sleep....

Old 04-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

I learned early on, 2 or 3 bikes roll into town, not much problem "usually". A pack rolls into town, drama follows ! People were uneasy...

Old 04-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parties, sleepin in the dirt, crazy...

Damn, to be young again !!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Have you ever ridden so far so fast, that you just couldn't ride any further ?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

sonoffatboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crasha51pan View Post
Have you ever ridden so far so fast, that you just couldn't ride any further ?

great thread ..back in the day..thanks for the old pics...

my buddy met us for breakfast yesterday came over on his 52 pan ..has it done up as a bobber...i love those pans..although foot clutch and hand shift take some getting used to...gave him a good laugh when i rode it aound the parking lot...he won't ride anything newer than a shov...has a 42 flattie too...
Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Kind of messin around here. Got alot of pictures, thought I would post till they run me off the site. Sides, brings back a load of memories (good times).......
Old 04-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:34 pm Post subject:

So I have a job, because I need a place to lay my head and food to eat (that consists of Banquet TV dinners and local fast food). I work 5 days a week and on the weekends I ride the mountains surrounding LA or the canyons of Orange County. I have learned that if I stand in one place too long, there will be confrontation with someone, as long as I'm on that Pan rollin, all is well (except for the occasional cop who pulls me over and always ask's the same questions, why am I here, where am I goin and who do I ride with. Patted down, run for warrants and then I'm back on the road). Life is generally good.

I meet this gal and she starts to feed me. Now I'm eatin roast chicken and steak & mushrooms stuffed with crab meat. So much for the TV dinners (I could get use to this). I see her on the weekdays but the weekends are for the Pan (she told me later that she thought I was in another relationship because she never saw me on the weekend, she was right but it was the Panhead, not another gal). She was nice and so it continued, I started to notice more and more frilly things hangin in my closet. Suddenly she was livin with me, I was gettin bacon and eggs for breakfast instead of my twinkie and a coke.

I could get used to this !!!!

Last edited by crasha51pan; 04-29-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

LE PEW wants to know Dino or Syn?
She cooks and looks good too ................... might be a keeper if she's not too jealous of the bike.
LE PEW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

My 48 and this K Model had been on the road for 3 days, it rained on us the entire time. Spent the first night at the base of the eastern serria mountains, in a outhouse. Its the only cover we could find. The second night was spent under the awning of a closed down gas station and this place was the location of an old stage stop just east of Weldon. It gave us some cover and we used the 50 gal. drum as a fire pit. I stretched a poncho between the two bikes and we stayed dry. The next mornin, the sun was out and the sky was blue. I remember trips like that.....

Old 04-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

sonoffatboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crasha51pan View Post
My 48 and this K Model had been on the road for 3 days, it rained on us the entire time. Spent the first night at the base of the eastern serria mountains, in a outhouse. Its the only cover we could find. The second night was spent under the awning of a closed down gas station and this place was the location of an old stage stop just east of Weldon. It gave us some cover and we used the 50 gal. drum as a fire pit. I stretched a poncho between the two bikes and we stayed dry. The next mornin, the sun was out and the sky was blue. I remember trips like that.....

wow things have changed..the 2008 version...names have been changed to protect the invididuals......

bob and mary pull into the Mariott with thier new duramax chev diesel with the dualies....on the back is the 40' 5th wheel toy hauler...with a brand new ultra for him and she has the softail deluxe safely tucked inside. They have been on the road for 3 hours and its time to take a break for the day...

after they book into the hotel (just so they can get a better shower in the hotel compared to trailer) ..they order some room service ...and complain about the wine list...and no Hienken beer in barfridge..

next morning they decide to go for a ride...takes an hour to get the bikes out...another hour to get on the matching leather outfits...and off they go...ride 50 miles have lunch and head back...take another hour and half to load up the bikes....back into the hotel for dinner...and next morning head home...

stick in the steppenwolf CD into the trucks sound system..

."head out on the highway"

roll the window down an inch and feel the wind in their hair...
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.