Me and my Pan - Page 22 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > My Story, the Beginning...
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #316 (permalink)
FNG :)

demianschild wants to know Dino or Syn?
Give me a shout if you would like to ride.
demianschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #317 (permalink)

coyoteBCN wants to know Dino or Syn?
hola

hello my name is dani (Coyote) for friends. I'm from Barcelona, ​​Catalonia, Spain a greeting to all usa hd

ask in advance sorry for my English
coyoteBCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #318 (permalink)

Uncle Chester wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hey I know you don't check this thread much anymore but I live down the hill from Kernville and go on alot of rides up in all the area you were talking about. Just went up there this weekend and rode the 99 up to Jonhsondale bridge and there were so many people out I had to turn around and take the 155 out of Wolford Heights and then the 178 home. anyways it was cool seeing all your pics and hearing your story, here's a few current picks of some of the areas if you are interested.

Piss break in Walkers Pass on the 178

Onyx, It's not the same since they had to remove the tree from inside.

A couple from the Johnsondale bridge

The main town square there has just kinda turned into a touirist trap area.

A old shack a little ways up the 155, part of the fire house?

On the way home, you can almost see the lake, it is more of a mud puddle now.

Anyways thanks for sharing your story with us and hopefully one of these pics might bring a smile to your face or spark a memory.
Uncle Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #319 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

crasha51pan wants to know Dino or Syn?
Uncle Chester,
It did make me smile, thanks for the memories.
That same park back in the day, early 70's. Seen the park 4 deep in scooters all the way around, it was the place to party !

012 by VOVMC/NOMAD, on Flickr

035 by VOVMC/NOMAD, on Flickr
VOVMC NOMAD
www.vovmc.com

Last edited by crasha51pan; 07-31-2012 at 07:57 PM.
crasha51pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #320 (permalink)

AleN8 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Nice trip pics. Thanks for the post. I have a fxsti and travel the North East.
AleN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #321 (permalink)
IronButt

filterless wants to know Dino or Syn?
after a few years on this forum i finally started reading this thread this
morning, i'm about half thru, been in and out. i was gonna ride today but
got sidetracked with the beer, too late to get on the bike. i got tomorrow
of so wife and i will ride.
i just wanna say crasha51pan that your story is amazing and you tell it so
well. i've never read a book or seen a movie i liked better. what makes it
so cool is it's a real story, the truth. i must admit that you have lived a
larger life than mine but i love to ride my harley so i can feel the connection.
your hardships you tackled over time, the bikes you had, your family growing
up are a sweet read.
i better get something done today so i'll finish the thread soon.

thanks

04 fxdwg
Old 08-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #322 (permalink)

BillJfromAustin wants to know Dino or Syn?
Crash, thanks for the stories and pics. I'm diggin' that cabin of yours! Glad you found a place and a club you could feel comfortable in.

Rigid rat shovel (AKA "The Bitch") makin' me happy since 1979
Ratted-out Evo FLT (AKA "The Bagger")
Pretty BMW R1100R (AKA "The Princess") Destroyed by my brother 10-4-08
Evo FXR (AKA "The Banshee") Destroyed by hit-and-run driver 10-28-08

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom, and I'm trying to get there as fast as I can!
William Blake and me
BillJfromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #323 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

I appreciate the kind words posted here, yeh I do check in on the Forum ever once in a while. About this club, I said in the beginning that with my return from war I belonged alone, and I was good with that. I guess at this stage I have gotten old (pun intended) and the truth is, it feels good to "belong". When these Brothers opened the door and said "Welcome Home", it kinda’ felt like I closed the loop, come full circle. These are my Brothers, we share the same time and the same experiences. We know what the other knows and we can speak without words. I spent 40 years go’n it alone, this is new for me and it feels good. We are all get’n long in the tooth, we all had the need to connect, we are family and we have each other. Not a bad way to end this ride !
As for my cabin, I walk downstairs every morning’, brush my teeth, then give myself a quick slap across the face just to be sure I not dreamin’. Still get’n my rides in, 3 years in a row for Sturgis, got myself a “warning” ticket a little East of Sheridan, Wyo. this year. Cop said I was doin’ 90 and I should slow down some, took out his phone and started show’n me pic’s he had taken of bikes back in town. We shook hands and we got on down the road, the wife tapped me on the shoulder and said “do you believe that ?”, I just smiled..

Had to stop by the Tower on the way down. One of my Brothers had mentioned that he wanted to see it, so I thought I would let him use my eyes…

Made 4 Corners again this year…

Am startin’ to think about next years rides. there’s the Regional, National, and one run in Colorado I have had my eye on for a while now. Figure I had better get it done this comin’ year as the clock is tick’n. Wife still rides with me, who would have figured ? She is a year old than I am, kinda’ keeps things in perspective for me. Still no problem with ridin’ all day and camp’n out at night, how can a little gal like that have such a big heart ?
With Fall comin’, I’m still get’n my local rides in. Got a place I like to go and hang out, think about things. it’s a overlook at Lake Koocanusa and I’m on the same level as the Eagles. Thought I would give a small hand jesture to all those who thought I would never live to see 30

I can kick back, still be alone. Kinda’ puts everything in perspective, blue sky, scent of pine, clear water, and the sound of “quiet”. I have decided that I have no regrets (at least not many).

I told you how I start my day’s, now I will tell ya how I end’em. I walk upstairs to the loft, climb into bed and close my eyes, and say to myself “so far, so good”.

Now, if I could only come up with a way to slow down time. That crap about time march’n on, seems my clock has broke into a full head on sprint, but even with that, it’s still a hell of'a ride !
VOVMC NOMAD
www.vovmc.com

Last edited by crasha51pan; 09-14-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #324 (permalink)

TheCamel wants to know Dino or Syn?
Wow, did this hit home...

Crashpan,

You and I are from 2 different era's of the military, I stepped into the recruiters office just out of high school, and walked into the first gulf war 6 months later. Sitting here reading your story took me back to that first day, and I cannot say I was able to ride, but the yearning was there. I spent a lot of time wrenching and playing with the cars, just had too much going on to ever really get on a bike.

I did my 20 in the Air Force, and was given the opportunity to travel the world. I have seen a few combat areas, but never been in the true danger you, or some of my brothers and sisters in arms have. But I do find the same yearning you do, to just get out and clear your head some days.

I lost everything when I retired, house, cars, wife etc. Nothing clicked right anymore. Until I hopped on a bike and rode. The freedom does give you an opportunity to clear your mind, and free yourself from those around you, the connection to the road is far different when you are being propelled with nothing around you but nature.

I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for taking the time to write this, as it has lifted another spirit.

I await the ride, as I am currently in Iraq, doing a contracting job, as I just could not let go of the travel. The money is better, and there was no better feeling than paying cash last week for a 08 105th electraglide.

Ride hard, ride proud, and keep it pointed in the right direction.

Sean
TheCamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #325 (permalink)

Blessing wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks

Thanks for serving Bro!
Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #326 (permalink)

ShawnFZR wants to know Dino or Syn?
Been in the MC business for almost 33 years with the big 4. My very 1st MC was an AMF Harley X-90 mini bike back in 1972, I've never been into cruisers or Harleys. Nothing against them, just not my preferred style of bikes.

Back in July we took in a '07 XL1200L with 4,700 miles. She sat in the corner of the shop for a couple days calling me until I finally rode her around the block (my 2 mile test route). Came back to the shop and purchased her. She's rough and raw, as sportsters are, but I sure enjoy the ride.

Shawn
ShawnFZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #327 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Sean,

We will share the road together ! Thank You for your service....

Crash
VOVMC NOMAD
www.vovmc.com
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #328 (permalink)

MUGGER wants to know Dino or Syn?
A Mugger

Me Mugger, Me New !
MUGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #329 (permalink)
IronButt

gatornapper wants to know Dino or Syn?
Crash - so good to see how well you are doin'. Love the cabin, the wave from the mount, the ongoing story.....you are a blessed man, you know?

Keep on keepin' on...that's the key.....

luv the new pics........

gatornapper

'97 FXDWG, Stage II, fully tricked-out AND '09 CVO 'Screamin' Eagle' FLTRSE3 w/Rinehart slip-ons, WindSplitter shield;
Restored Triumph's: '71 T100C Trophy 500; '72 T120V Bonneville, '73 T150V Trident

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.
gatornapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #330 (permalink)
IronButt

hardheaded wants to know Dino or Syn?
i too started out on a pan,been threw alot of motorcycles in my life but miss my old 56
hardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement