113" FXR, Fast and reliable bike! : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Classifieds > Motorcycles for Sale
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

justintyme73 wants to know Dino or Syn?
113" FXR, Fast and reliable bike!

This bike is my pride and joy, bought and rebuilt by me in the last 2 years, and now forced to sell. Its originally a 1991 FXRT, but now is built to be a FXLR. It has been totally redone, just about everything is new. All work was done by Sanger cycle(Engine swapand Tranny) and some stuff Done at Redhill Cyclewerx, the rest done by me. It has a brand new wide glide front end, 21" spoke wheel and T bars, with GMA dual front brakes. The Engine is a S&S 113 with IST ignition and electric compression releases, backed by a 6 speed tranny. LSR 2 into 1 with 2" primaries. It has a Corbin Dual touring saddle with a removeable backrest(backrest not pictured). Leatherworks Saddlebags are brand new last Sept, and are mounted on EZ brackets so they can be removed just by turning a key. The Tank and Fenders are 1992 FXLR and Arlen Ness sidecovers. Much more new stuff, this bike has plenty of character, is totally reliable, faster and more unique than any new bike. Approx 62,000 miles on the bike, but actually only about 8,000 since the rebuild. Only big flaw is a small rub mark on the rear fender from a set of corbin hardbags I ran on it originally. Call for more details or with questions 970 420 0079, can email more pictures also______ 9,000 OBO Hard to build one cheaper that runs/handles like this.

justintyme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

1M$man wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am intersted. What does the engine dydno at? What spares do you have?
What are your instrumnents? Tach only? Speedo only?

Do you have a 19inch wheel and fender for this? SPARE bars?
1M$man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

The Engine dynoed at Redhill Cyclewerx at 114 HP and 119 Tq, not sure if I still have the printout. Its set a little rich though since I live at higher elevation but often ride places that arent and I dont want to run lean. The IST ign is great though, never a knock. So you might sqz a little more out if it at sea level in FL. Its a Mikuni 45 carb.

Instruments are Speedo only on the bars, Mech Oil Pressure Guage on the motor. Its the stock speedo so the self cancelling signals still work.
I have a few spare parts left ,Its all mostly small stuff though. Couple of dashes, 1 set of chrome and 1 set of black stock style side covers, turn signal bars, old carb, stock tail light, I would have to go make list of them to be complete. I do not have another Wheel/Tire/Fender for it, or different bars. I have a brand New GMA front master cylinder that goes with it also, stock black one is pictured.

You can email me at justinshane73@hotmail.com for more pics and my phone # if you want it, I'm willing to deal a bit.
Thx for your interest.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Bump, 8000$ takes it
Old 07-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bump still got it still for sale, its a great bike, about 63,200 miles on it now.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

I am intersted in the bike but I am intensely curious. Here you have built an extremely well done performance oriented bike (Bravo!), so why did you get rid of the much better handling front stock front end? A skinny wobbly traction challenged 21inch front tire is among the worse possible choice for braking and high speed sweeping turns. No disrespect meant, this is just a fact.

The stock 39mm narrow glide is really a pretty good set up. Add cartridge emulators and they are even better.

Sorry to be blunt, but the 21 inch tire on a performance package is down right dangerous. They squirm all over the road like a toad when pushed and offer very little in contact patch for any performance braking. I understand their place on poser bikes, but your bike is not one of those. The rest of it is real poetry in motion. It is a real world class job. Extremely efficient, comfortable and safe. That is why I am so confused.

I only own FXR;s and you have built a real nice one. One of the best i have ever seen except for the front end.

Dont get me started on why there is no tach. But that is an easy fix.

I know what a new front end swap entails, so I know what has to be done there. The most important question I have is: when and what components did you rebuild the swing arm innards, pivot shaft, cleveblock, etc. Did you re assemble it with never seize?

Every used FXR i have bought so far has had a nightmare involved in removing those swing arm components. Two bikes had to be stripped down to the frame and one had to actually have the swing arm surgically removed. However, I have a good feeling you have addressed this yes?

Is the bike still for sale?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Fast, cheap, reliable.
Pick any two.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

If i did not have 4 FXR's already i would snap this up in a second. i still may. I am trying to get my friend who last owned a horrid solid mount buzzy seriously uncomfortable Softail (ew) to buy this.

This may not be the bike for him, he has the idea that you have to be uncomfortable to be a real rider. Oh, and a bike shouldnt handle very good either if it detracts from its lines. He is an artist, what can I say? They march to different drummers.

Heheh. His bike had auto eject foot pegs. At 5500RPM you feet would literally FLY off the pegs from intense vibration. I'm not quite sure what he would make of riding a comfortable good handling blazingly fast FXR.

He keeps telling me he is not a poser. i said,"Buy this FXR and prove it!"

I'll even kick in a grand because he is not real flush right now.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

feguy1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Still for sale? pm sent.
feguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

lucille wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sold

Bike was brought across the border to Canada in Oct.
Some mods in progress....
lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Saddlebags are available....
Signal lights, seat, forks, handlebars, etc......
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

woodnbow wants to know Dino or Syn?
Pm'd ya'...
woodnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Bump..........FXR
Old 08-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Bump..........FXR
Bump...........question mark.

joe
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement