check out this motorcop rodeo video : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Related Groups and Forums > Motorcycle Rider Safety Tips
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2006, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

dmax wants to know Dino or Syn?
check out this motorcop rodeo video

This is on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ByZ4Z4_fY&NR
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

pa-glazier wants to know Dino or Syn?
Awesome!
pa-glazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Vagrant

HD-LUX wants to know Dino or Syn?
My jaw is still on the floor. Un-fukin-real. Way to go motor cops. I gotta lot of practicing to do.

Are you a Ducking Foof?
HD-LUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Harleypingman wants to know Dino or Syn?
I can't believe you can turn an EG like that--that is some incredible riding--amazing thing is a lot of motor officers can do that stuff.

At the Honda Rider Training Center in Alpharetta, GA, the Roswell PD motor officers trains there and I saw them training one day. I hung around for nearly an hour watching them do incredibly tight turns and other slow speed stuff. The circle they use for the tight diameter turns has had the asphalt worn away in places--don't know if it is from the turning (tire friction) or dragging floor board brackets or both.

CMA, Crossties Chapter (GA)
IBA 26580
2004 FLHTPX
Harleypingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Grumpy Tricycle Pilot

fuelburner wants to know Dino or Syn?
Oh, sure, sometimes I can fling my RK around like that...but then I wake up.

Mad skills.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

route66paul wants to know Dino or Syn?
You should see the high speed training. These guys can bulldog and brodie(non abs) thier EGs like a 400 CC dirt bike. They sit tall in the saddle and have specisl training that would wow sport bike pros. Do not ever try to one from one

Bi-polar and loving it!!
Bi-polar and hating it!!
95" w/ KB pistons (flattops)
HQ575 cams
Atwood's Road Warrior Heads
HPI bored throttle body
.030 head gasket
SuperTrapp Supermeg 2in1
"43" points cover
TRW rear mount
obligatory Baisley Spring

Take you a glass of water. Make it against the law. See how good the water tastes. When you can't have any at all.

Just sayin..........
route66paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thanks! I needed that.

Scabbydoo wants to know Dino or Syn?
You could hear the floorboards scraping through the whole video. Takes some pretty large stones to throw an 850lb hunk of steel sideways going that slow.

95" Bore by Zippers - Wiseco 9.5 Pistons - T-Man StageII Heads - Andrews 37G Cams - Stock Crossover Dual Headers
Samson Fishtail SlipOn's - TTS Mastertune - Build and Dyno by JD's Cycle Works

HP=98.03 - TQ=102.14 Uncorrected
HP=93.36 - TQ=97.27 SAE Corrected

Cost of build, about right. Value of grins, PRICELESS!

Scabbydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

TerryMiller wants to know Dino or Syn?
Excellent Vid.

Absolutely amazing.

Engine [sic:motor] by Otto
TerryMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

dmax wants to know Dino or Syn?
It is fun to watch, but much more enjoyable to actually do it. Having that level of skill could easily save your life on the street.

Don't be intimdated by the fact that these are officers. The bikes in that video are no different from my Roadking. (Other than lights and siren, there are no special "police" modifications which your bike doesn't have that would affect what you see here.)

You can do it too! It doesn't take alot of muscle strength, abuse of the motor, police experience, or doing anything that the bike wasn't designed to do by the manufacturer. All it takes is practice! It's all right there in Harris's lessons. BUT, just reading them will not help much at all. You MUST actually get out there are try it. The good news is, learning was never this much fun!!
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Nazzdak is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax
It is fun to watch, but much more enjoyable to actually do it. Having that level of skill could easily save your life on the street.

Don't be intimdated by the fact that these are officers. The bikes in that video are no different from my Roadking. (Other than lights and siren, there are no special "police" modifications which your bike doesn't have that would affect what you see here.)

You can do it too! It doesn't take alot of muscle strength, abuse of the motor, police experience, or doing anything that the bike wasn't designed to do by the manufacturer. All it takes is practice! It's all right there in Harris's lessons. BUT, just reading them will not help much at all. You MUST actually get out there are try it. The good news is, learning was never this much fun!!
I agree,

The greatest satisfaction of watching the video, is knowing that those guys were TRAINED by people like Harris!

It is much, much more fun practicing the exercises, as opposed to watching them, for these motorcycles can do some amazing things. Unfortunately, there are no short cuts. It takes many, many, hours of practice just to get the Keyhole level, and those guys are obviously well beyond that.

David
Nazzdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member

njyamahauler wants to know Dino or Syn?
These guys are awesome riders and they are well trained, but also don't forget that they are out there riding everyday for 8 hours a day!
njyamahauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

Harleypingman wants to know Dino or Syn?
DMAX: I posted a reply earlier but for got to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for putting up an awesome video.

I have had Harris' instruction manual for several months and haven't done a thing except read it a couple of times--time to get out and actually practice the stuff. Thanks, again, for your post, DMAX.

CMA, Crossties Chapter (GA)
IBA 26580
2004 FLHTPX
Harleypingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

YukonHogger wants to know Dino or Syn?
Wow! Those dudes can sure throw their machines around. If you listen, you can hear not only the floorboards scraping, but listen to how they handle the throttle. I think that's a major part of the technique of getting the bike upright real quick.
YukonHogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Premium Member

xxxflhrci wants to know Dino or Syn?
I went to HD's Motor School to learn those techniques. You should see the instructors, like Harris, ride. I've seen 4 of them riding inside the "light bulb." Impressive.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

BigMike wants to know Dino or Syn?
It is impressive but, nothing that most can't do with enough practice. Problem is, most of us don't have motorcycles we want to trash while learning how to ride like that.
Paint By Attitude Custom Painting
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement