The birth of Love Jugs (about us) : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Sponsors Section > LoveJugs
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vendor

Steve Jugs wants to know Dino or Syn?
The birth of Love Jugs (about us)

THE WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL HARLEY DAVIDSON
ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM.

It all started a few years ago, when I bought a shiny new Ultra Classic.

This bike was fabulous, complete with all the bells and whistles. I really loved it! However, I soon discovered that there was a severe heat issue that made riding down right uncomfortable. This new Ultra, ran much hotter than any of the other Harleys’ that I’ve owned in the past. The heat from the furnace that I was sitting on, started to dictate when I could ride my beloved, but Stifling Hot Ultra. AKA… My Adventure machine. I just didn’t want to deal with all that annoying and uncomfortable heat. I love to ride way too much to have restrictions placed on me about what days I could ride in total comfort.

I actually started to dread going through towns, traffic, traffic lights, rallies etc. And I’m almost always riding in those types of conditions. So, I brought my new Ultra back to the Harley dealer to see what they could do to to help me cool down this heat pumping beast. $750 later, I now had a “Parade Fan” equipped Ultra. The installed Parade Fan was large, heavy, and bulky. Oh well I reasoned, if that’s what I have to live with, to finally be comfortable, so be it. I decided to take the long way home so I could check out my new Parade Fan. Guess what? I didn’t notice much of a difference, the heat was still brutal.

I went back again to the dealer with the same “Brutal Heat” complaint. This time I was told to try a different set of pipes that would re-route the heat. Being a card carrying Engineer, I knew that spending another $1,200 for these new pipes would not do anything to solve my heat problem.

After doing some research, I came across a “Lenale Fan” and promptly ordered it. It looked pretty small to do such a big job, but, at this point, I was willing to try just about anything that would help cool down the furnace between my legs. I couldn’t wait to get it. Now, I can finally ride whenever I want to without all the bulk of the “Parade Fan.” Or so I thought. When I opened the box, I saw that this “cooling system” was actually a stock Harley part. It was simply a “Gull Wing Horn Cover” (Harley Part # 69167-02A) with a fan simply glued into it. After removing the horn on my bike to install the Lenale unit, I just couldn’t believe my eyes! When the Harley mounting brackets were bolted to the single Lenale fan, the back of the fan was almost completely blocked by all the brackets.

Now, you don’t need to have an Engineering Degree to know that you can’t cover the airflow of any fan and expect it to work. I just sat there looking at this product, scratching my head in disbelief and total disappointment. But, at this point I was willing to try anything to cool down my bike. So down the road I went to test out my new “Cooling System” Guess what? As I suspected, this single fan unit did nothing noticeable to cool down my bike.

THE BIRTH OF “LOVE JUGS
I found myself becoming obsessed with this unbearable heat problem. It soon became clear to me that if I wanted “A powerful, Dual Fan Cooled Harley Engine” I would have to Design, engineer and manufacture the device myself. Based on my many years of experience in Design, Engineering, and Manufacturing, I knew that the process to invent and manufacture a totally new Harley Engine Cooling System, would take a long time and cost a ton of money. All who know me know that when I become obsessed with something, I become relentless. This situation was no different. I was on a mission. I simply had to invent a very powerful Cooling System for my treasured Harley! I need to be able to ride with maximum comfort, whenever I want, even on hot days!

Our lead engineer who has a PHD in mechanical engineering, headed up the project. My “mission” took over three years to complete. Far longer, and way over the budget that I had estimated. Sure we made progress along the way but, it wasn’t as simple a task as I first believed it would be. There was just so much heat to deal with, and not a lot of room to mount a powerful cooling system. And just as important, the cooling system had to be very attractive and look like it was an original part of the bike. Sixteen prototypes later, we were confident that “Hammerhead Engineering” had finally solved the Harley overheating problem.

For more information visit www.love-jugs.com
Steve Jugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Moving the heat around with fans is still not curing the real issue, which is high engine temperatures. I would suggest:
A good oil cooler
A free flowing exhaust sans catastrophic diverters.
A free flowing air cleaner
A good fuel controller and a Dyno tune

Now the engine will run cooler and put off less heat. For slow traffic situations maybe put a fan forcing air thru the oil cooler...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt
Half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Vendor

Is the Love jugs solution the best way to cool your Harley?

Thanks for your opinion. I know you mean well but there are a couple of faults in your theory

Your solutions, singly or together are very expensive and will actually not solve the overheating issue. Proof of that would be to buy and install all your suggestions and put them to the test After spending a couple of thousand dollars to implement your ideas, start the bike and let it run on the kickstand. you will see the engine temperatures rise very quickly and the engine will actually shut down when the heat sensor detects a dangerously overheated engine. Your solutions will not cool your engine down when the bike is not in motion, and that is the problem us Harley riders face. Airflow over the fins is the only method of cooling down your Harley engine, if that is not possible due to traffic, red lights, parades, etc. the only solution is to introduce powerful air streams directed at the source of the heat. Proof of that can be seen In one of our web site videos', you will see an Ultra running on the kickstand, for Twelve Hours, non-stop, in the blistering 97 degree Florida heat.

Based on over four years of testing, we are confident in this fact, "It is impossible for your engine to overheat if it is Love Jugs equipped" The best part is that there is a real and proven solution that solves the overheating issue that not only works amazingly well, it will only cost you a fraction of the cost of implementing your ideas that will not work when the bike is not in motion. If we weren't totally confident in our claims, we would not dare to offer a no questions asked 100% money back satisfaction guarantee, a guarantee that has had no refund requests in over four years of sales.

Thanks again for your contribution to this Harley overheating issue, I hope that I have respectfully explained the only solution to cooling down a Harley. Constant and powerful airflow directed at the source of the generation of heat is the only solution. It's that simple.

Steve West
CEO
Hammerhead Engineering
Old 11-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Asylum Inmate

bbally is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Five row oil cooler with fan solves it well. Mount it below the triple tree. Use a sandwich adapter on the filter face to intercept the oil. Mount temp sensor on the oil out to handle fan off and on. 110 bucks complete with powder coat.

Flow that intake and exhaust and rich it up if you don't have active 02 sensors in feedback mode.

Has the added benefit of not blowing hot air directly into your intake like the jug cooling fans do. They use the airflow to cool the fan motor so reversing them to take care of the heat intake problem reduces fan life.

Name is cool for the product.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by bbally; 11-24-2013 at 07:07 AM.
bbally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Well... doing the pipes/airbox/fueler/tune is expensive, (ya get what ya pay for) and will not get rid of all the heat, but it sure will help and has the side benefits of making more power and extending engine longevity too.

Oil coolers cool the engine from the inside... If the oil temps are lower the oil will do a better job and live longer too.

I know you're trying to sell fans and I'm not helping, sorry. I wish you luck.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt
Half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Vendor

Here's an idea. Why don't you try our product. If it is not everything we say it is you can send it back and I'll give you a 100% refund and even reimburse the return postage. Once you have had the LOVE JUG experience you can write a first hand review in this space.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jugs View Post
Here's an idea. Why don't you try our product. If it is not everything we say it is you can send it back and I'll give you a 100% refund and even reimburse the return postage. Once you have had the LOVE JUG experience you can write a first hand review in this space.
How come you aren't modeling them on YOUR bike?

joe
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Vendor

If you scroll to the top of this thread you will see our LOVE JUGS handsomely enhancing the look of Dave's bike. You can also visit our web site www.love-jugs.com and see several more LOVE JUGS equipped bikes proudly displayed by our happy customers.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
If you scroll to the top of this thread you will see our LOVE JUGS handsomely enhancing the look of Dave's bike. You can also visit our web site www.love-jugs.com and see several more LOVE JUGS equipped bikes proudly displayed by our happy customers.
Diversionary and Nonresponsive.

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 11-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Handsomely lol....
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After at 7000' elevation in Central Ca USFS Scenic Byway
1bdBagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
How come you aren't modeling them on YOUR bike?

joe
Joe,

Sorry if I misunderstood you. Please rephrase your question and I'll be happy to answer it. I'm not sure what you meant be "modeling" and thought you were asking why we didn't show a bike with LOVE JUGS installed'
Old 11-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Quote:
Joe,

Sorry if I misunderstood you. Please rephrase your question and I'll be happy to answer it. I'm not sure what you meant be "modeling" and thought you were asking why we didn't show a bike with LOVE JUGS installed'
I'm sorry, I find that very hard to believe.

Skinny women on runways are models. They wear product (clothes) to show to prospective buyers. That's called modeling. You have someone else's bike modeling your fans. Why not YOUR bike?

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 11-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
FNG :)

equayonv wants to know Dino or Syn?
Love Jugs are great!

Well…. I’m a satisfied Love Jug Cooling Fans customer and no, I’m not an employee either.
I am also new to the V-Twin Forum and I can’t post pictures without the upgrade. Hopefully, this will get posted this time as it seems that the other place I tried to post my comment wasn’t accepted there. Maybe it was just too long, ya think, but here goes.

I’m a 24 yr. Retired Disabled Navy Viet Nam Vet from the N. Ga. Mountains that has had several Harleys over the years and the last one I bought is a 2012 HD Triglide and within 3 days I and my wife found out how hot the new ones are. (I traded in my 1999 Electraglide) Since then I found out that it is not the only one of the newer HD’s with severe heat problems.
Now it is a known fact that Harleys have always run hotter than other Bikes but sheesh, these newer ones are unreal, we ended up with almost 3rd degree burns through jeans the first time we got caught in traffic and couldn’t understand why all of the heat was there. So the first thing I did was to research cooling fans that would truly eliminate some of the heat. I had own a HD Parade Fan before and knew it wouldn’t do the job so I didn’t even try it this time.
I found the Love Jugs on Ebay, did some more research and ordered them, put them on and noticed a huge difference immediately.
I got in touch with the Love Jugs owner and developer (Dave) and he asked me to send him some pictures of the Trike with the fans on it. I did, and he has it posted on their website. It is Black. Take a look.
I’m getting ready to upgrade to the latest ones that they just came out with. (There is nothing wrong with the ones I already have.) I do already have the new ones but I don’t have the proper place to work on it (open Carport) as I just can’t seem to handle the Winter cold, wind and rain like I use to.
I have talked to Steve who is the CEO of Love Jugs and he is a straight up person. Dave is also.
I’m like every other Harley owner. I’m very particular about my HD and I also have to pinch pennies just like everyone else and I’m also real wary of ripoff gimmicks.
These guys are the real deal and I know that you just can’t go wrong with their fans.

Last edited by equayonv; 11-26-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: adding a word
equayonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Vendor

What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I'm sorry, I find that very hard to believe.

Skinny women on runways are models. They wear product (clothes) to show to prospective buyers. That's called modeling. You have someone else's bike modeling your fans. Why not YOUR bike?

joe
I don't get your point if you have one. For the record, the above photo IS one of our bikes. Anyway, what is the difference if we show LOVE JUGS on our bike or someone else's? If you want to see our superior cooling system modeled on others bikes 's go to www.love-jugs.com and you'll see photos from many of our happy customers.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Quote:
I don't get your point if you have one. For the record, the above photo IS one of our bikes. Anyway, what is the difference if we show LOVE JUGS on our bike or someone else's? If you want to see our superior cooling system modeled on others bikes 's go to www.love-jugs.com and you'll see photos from many of our happy customers.
My point?

You still didn't answer the question.

The above photo is of a bike, not bikes; and I'm pretty sure it's not an Ultra.

If I had a superior new product that helped a problem MY particular bike had, I'd have that product on my bike. Especially since I'd installed ineffective versions of that product sold by other makers; and those products' failures were the reason I'd developed my superior new version. And If I wanted to sell that product, showing people that I liked it enough to use it myself would be an obvious step to take.

On a subjective level, I think they look more like chromed daisies from the Scooby van than they look "very attractive" and "like it was an original part of the bike". Especially the "original part of the bike" part.

All in all, I think you sound like you're full of it. And if the fans really do work well, that's a shame.

joe
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Sponsored Links
Advertisement