Yamaha Road Star - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Other Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Japanese/European Cruisers
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #46 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Bowtie18 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeucesRWild
Good to see a few RS riders running around this place!

I keep flirting with buying a new, different bike. But everytime I jump on the ol' roady and putt down the street, those thoughts simply evaporate! Guess my favorite mount is the one that's paid for...roadie seems to be a good fit for now..

Agreed. When I buy another ride, it will be a touring rig. I don't see any big advantage to buying another bike of this style! It does everything I need it too!!
Bowtie18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #47 (permalink)
IronButt

BluegrassBoy wants to know Dino or Syn?
My brother in law (who lives in a warm southern state) got his in March last year to have as a daily commuter. This past weekend he called to tell me it turned over 40K miles.

Totally troublefree - maintenance items only.

Averaging 46mpg.

Wow.

(Considering what he WAS driving, we've calculated that this bike will literally have paid for itself in 3 to 3-1/2 years)
BluegrassBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #48 (permalink)
IronButt

DeucesRWild wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeucesRWild View Post
Good to see a few RS riders running around this place!

I keep flirting with buying a new, different bike. But everytime I jump on the ol' roady and putt down the street, those thoughts simply evaporate! Guess my favorite mount is the one that's paid for...roadie seems to be a good fit for now..
LOL, yeah my Roady's gone for now, but I still miss it. You know it's always the 'times' you miss when thinking back in the day of the early-mid 2000's. Here we are sitting on the crest of the 2010's and still riding. Good times are the best cerebral scrapbook.

You guys ridin' new ones must be on easy street with that fuel injection; I know I was when I went FI with the FLTR.

Road* riders keep postin' and boastin'! They remain a great bike for the vtwin inclined.

Yep, just bringing up old subjects during my short stay here at an internet forum... ride safe...awl of ya's.
DeucesRWild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
FNG :)

sfc rick wants to know Dino or Syn?
I thought I would reply and update this thread. Lynn George(Looney) passed this last Saturday. He was a good guy who worked tirelessly for customizing Road Stars and making a huge impact on the entire Road Star community.
sfc rick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
IronButt

Tiwodogis wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sorry to hear Lynn George(Looney) passed away. I bought one of his custom seats for my 2002 Midnight Star when I had it. Great product and a nice guy to deal with.
Tiwodogis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2009, 06:59 AM   #51 (permalink)

I've had my Road Star Silverado for 6 years and 30,000 miles and love the bike! It's the bike that has gotten a lot of attention over the years at bike shows and been a pleasure to own. I just sold it this past week cause I have too many bikes in the shop and wanted to spend more time customizing my other Star bikes.

Anyway, here are some pics and may the new owner be able to get that grin off his face when he rides before it sets up permantely.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #52 (permalink)

This isn't my bike, but when I saw this one...I just started drooling. It's one of those Dream Cycles a guy has visions of that he would think of about a 50's style cruiser.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #53 (permalink)
GRIZZ

Huskerroy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Another Roadie Rider Here

2006 Roadstar Midnight Sliverado. Love It
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roy RS Grp Pic.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	55372  

2002 FLSTF
2006 RoadStar
Huskerroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
IronButt

FLTRSE3CLONE wants to know Dino or Syn?
I was curious if anybody else has had starter related issues with there roadstar like I have? I'm on my third starter & I ran across a technical bullitin on how the starter gear can slip when the bolt backs off while backfiring. Bingo! That was a easy fix & a terrible design imo.
11 fltruse FBI wheels& hidden axle 574 Fuelling cams & lifters.J&M rocker series speakers & amp,RC open a/c RB Racing 2-1 spyder , Aim-vpc92, SE 58mm TB, HPI 5.3 inj,tuned by strokerjlk 112.76/118.99 sae
115.42/121.85 std
FLTRSE3CLONE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #55 (permalink)

cike wants to know Dino or Syn?
here is my 01 star-Freakenstein. It's still a work in progres though.
cike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.