V-Twin Forum banner

Yamaha Road Star

22K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  cike 
#1 ·
Any Roadie riders out there???

#4 · (Edited)
aanother one!

Yep, Roadie rider here! I have an 06 midnight, Nice to see some others on here, I just joined this board, I have to do a post to that effect! Heading of to sleep, but when I saw the Roadie post, I had to throw in a quick one!

#6 ·
Must be nice to rie the desert for the day! It is 50+ degrees here today, but raining buckets!

Always a pleasure to run in to other Roadies! Hope to check ou this forum in more detail over the next couple of days. I'll be posting my intro here later tonight.

#15 ·
Gary7 said:
The Road Star is my favorite of the Japanese v-twins, and the only one I seriously considered getting vs a Harley.

I think they used the Crocker engine as the styling inspiration for their v-twin:

Yep... There are any number of fine metric bikes, but the only one that's really ever rung my bell is the RS Warrior... though Josh's VTX is a good looker too. Just realy like those fat pushrod tubes!

#19 ·
That push rod set up does remind me of the Stars motor! I have to say I have been very happy with mine. I'll have had her a year on the 11th, and I have a bit over 10K on her. I rode about every metric there was, and a few HD's. When'if I buy a Harley, it will be a tourer, a Street Glide more than likely, that bike rode so nice, I couldn't believe it weighed more that the Road Star. I've had a few member of my family, all hard core HD riders take her for a spin, and they have all had great things to say about the ride and motor. AS soon as I saw my 06 Midnight, I fell for it!

Thanks for the good words about the Star, as I said in my intro post, I've always had great rides with loyal HD riders, and it's nice to see it carry over here!

#20 ·
Guys, enjoy the Road Star for what it is today. Thinking about this earlier, the Roadie's carburated air-cooled motor will most likely be exiting the showroom floor forever within' 12-36 months. At a minimum, the carb will be dropped. While interesting to see what happens, it'll still be melencholic to see the change.

Funny though, a big gap of time between the last Crocker and the first Road Star.

#21 · (Edited)
Very true Duece! About both points. I plan on keeping my Roadie another two years, then I don't know what direction I will take. More than likely, do the same thing I did this time. Decide how much I want to spend, and ride a bunch of bikes within my budget! If really love the Street Glide, but I try to keep an open mind. When I bought this I rode Victorys, HD's, Honda, Kawis, I laterally rode about 10 different bikes, and within what I was willing to pay this was by far the best bike for me.

I know a lot of folks hate Fuel injection, but that was something I really wanted. When I rode this bike, it just spoke to me. It was actually cheaper than some others I rode, but the looks and ride really won me over. I would love for Yammy to do something a bit closer to a Road King or Street Glide, with a good faring and radio, and nice, sturdy locking hard bags. We shall see.

For now, this bike is serving me well, and the fact it is a little different really gets folks heads turning. Even though I still have the tank badge on, no one rally know what the hell it is.

Like you, I really think this bike is a keeper!!! We'll see what the future brings, but I hope the cruiser world stays hot, and we keep getting new makes and models from everyone, to give us all more choices!

BTW, here is a link to some pics of my Roadie. haven't figured out how to post a pic on here!

http://www.volusiagateway.us/galler...=7&sessionid=a31ca4596ba5851c0382dd398f257992

#22 ·
Hey Bowtie, I have seen several Roadies with fairings, radios and locking bags. I don't know if you can look at the photo gallery's unless you are a paying member but go check out www.roadstargallery.com. if you have any questions about a roadstar someone over there will know the answer, IMO it is well worth the price to be a paying member. I hope it's not against forum rules here to post a link to another place.

#23 ·
Oh yeah, I hvae seen a lot of them. There are on the Delphi forum too! I just don't know how involved it is, and I would want it to look professional! We shall see. at this point, I still like the wind in my face! I turn 40 next year, so the day may come when I want the extra protection! The locking hard bags may come soom though!

#24 ·
Guys watch out for 'protection' from wind. You will quickly become spoiled as 90% of us do and never go back!

Speakin' O Harleys, I been looking at Road Glide and Street Glide. Really nice scoots to say the least. Road Star still a good bang for buck in my book but who knows what I ride when the page turns LOL

#25 ·
I can tell you that after ridng a Roadstar for a few years and then switching to a Road Glide ,there is a world of difference.The and comfort and handling of the Road Glide are superior.Of course you pay a lot more for this difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.