Suzuki America bankrupt : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Other Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Japanese/European Cruisers
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u wants to know Dino or Syn?
Suzuki America bankrupt

Suzuki America filed bankruptcy today, citing low sales and excessive cost to comply with United States government regulations.

They will continue to sell trucks and automobiles in other parts of the world. In the U.S. they will refocus under Chapter 11 protection selling motorcycles, ATV's and boats.

Their automotive sales have been extremely weak the last few years, their departure from the market doesn't come as a big surprise. What caught my eye was the announcement the decision was partly due to costly government regulation.

I feel their pain. Over-regulation is hurting us all.
jammer45u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

RGRider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just wait til next year when Obama's regulation bomb hits.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/ob...gulatory-bomb/

Quote:
The fiscal cliff looms and, because it would be the largest tax hike in history, certainly deserves all the attention it’s getting. But a regulatory cliff also looms — an astonishingly growth-crushing regulatory agenda that could be even more devastating than the fiscal cliff. How devastating? Obama refuses to tell us. And that’s illegal.

Under the Regulatory Flexibility Act, the president is required by law to submit his regulatory agenda to Congress twice a year, in April and October. The report is required to include every economically significant regulation in the pipeline. This year, April came and went and the legally required report wasn’t filed.

Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) last week politely asked President Obama to follow the law: “I request you comply with the law and publish the federal government’s regulatory calendar this month. Businesses and communities need to understand the future regulatory landscape in order to properly plan and invest in the economy.”

The reply? None. October came and went with no response and no legally required regulatory agenda report. That’s because complying with the law would tell the American people how much economic pain the Obama administration has stored up for a potential second term.
RGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Their entire car sales line has been mismanaged. Just about no one wants to buy a Suzuki auto. Other foreign manufacturers have dealt with all the government regulation successfully. They are trying to blame others for their mistakes.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
Their entire car sales line has been mismanaged. Just about no one wants to buy a Suzuki auto. Other foreign manufacturers have dealt with all the government regulation successfully. They are trying to blame others for their mistakes.
Gee, where have I heard the blame game before?

Oh yeah, your lord Obama uses it constantly.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post

Are you referring to Suzuki not accepting personal responsibility for the bad job they have done marketing their vehicles?

And it is a marketing problem. I have rented Suzuki vehicles a few times and found them to be well made vehicles.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
So why hasn't Toyota failed? The Wingnut mantra, "My success is my own, my failure is the gummint's fault," is such a crock. Wingnuts always want accolades for their successes but assign blame to others for their failures. You can't have it both ways. Have you ever considered a Suzuki car? Do you know anyone who has?

Suzuki is horrible about honoring bike warranties. I'm surprised they can sell any bikes and that their US bike division hasn't gone under.

BTW, emissions & safety regs in Europe and Japan are more stringent than here.

Woodpecker, Your responses are like a knee being struck by a doctor's rubber hammer, entirely predictable and without thought.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Last edited by Lefty; 11-06-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Lefty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

HDSickness wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRider View Post

Same thing I was just thinking.
HDSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
That's correct. They stated primary reason being low sales. In order to comply with what many feel are excessive regulations you need robust sales and healthy profit.

Maybe this is just natural attrition. A culling of the herd if you will, and I must admit, I'm not crying in my beer to see a foreign auto manufacturer leave our market. But I am disturbed that a primary decision factor was excessive government regulation. Too close to government picking winners and losers.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
So why hasn't Toyota failed? The Wingnut mantra, "My success is my own, my failure is the gummint's fault," is such a crock. Wingnuts always want accolades for their successes but assign blame to others for their failures. You can't have it both ways. Have you ever considered a Suzuki car? Do you know anyone who has?

Suzuki is horrible about honoring bike warranties. I'm surprised they can sell any bikes and that their US bike division hasn't gone under.

Emission and safety regs are not by any means the only government oversight we are subject to. Suzuki did not suspend sales in Europe or Japan.

And I agree, the product was a POS.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Viel Vergnügen

vindex1963 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
My brother bought a Suzuki Samurai back whenever they were made. What a turd, the thing fell apart.

Please vote for Ride of the Month

Have a question about the site look here.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 Ultra
vindex1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

hondo2doc wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Suzuki cleary read and learned the Obama hand book on excuses.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
hondo2doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post

Woodpecker, Your responses are like a knee being struck by a doctor's rubber hammer, entirely predictable and without thought.

Do you actually have factual examples of conservative owned businesses that failed and the owners blamed the government? Or are you delivering the lefts talking points for the day?

Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo2doc View Post
Suzuki cleary read and learned the Obama hand book on excuses.

So Suzuki in your opinion learned to blame others from Obama, right? Is there anything that has gone wrong that is not Obama's fault?
Old 11-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
So Suzuki in your opinion learned to blame others from Obama, right? Is there anything that has gone wrong that is not Obama's fault?
I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with the sunrise today.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
I did not say that. Please re-read and digest.

Good Lord MP that question could take hours to answer. But in short it is about leader ship PERIOD.

I own and operate my own business. Though I don't personally make the cabinets I use in new kitchens. Or I don't personally install the tile in new bathroom remodels. I am responsible for, any held accountable for, all of my emloyees and sub-contractors actions and results. Excuses and blame for those excuses are not tolerated by the paying public.

Obama is completely ignorant about what leadership is. He wanted the job, he sought after the job. Now when some things didn't go the way he wanted, it is always some one elses fault. That is the true sign or an immature, ignorant, insecure person.

The true measure of a man imho is his word. Yep I know that's very old school (blame my father) but it is true. If you say it, by damn move heaven and earth to do it!!! And if you fail, for the love of God, OWN IT!

Can you wrap your head around that MP?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement