V-Twin Forum banner

2015 Indian Scout

19K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  JayFL459 
#1 ·
I have heard rumors on other forums, that during the Sturgis rally this year Indian is going to show case the newest bikes - Indian Scout.
Has any one else heard any rumors on this?

#4 ·
I don't know which model name they are but Polaris/Victory/Indian has doing demo rides of the new lineups and going past my office for the past two days. I know one group of the bikes has been Indian baggers. This isn't a dealer event, I went by where they are doing the rides and the big 18wheeler trucks from each mfg are there with a whole lot of event tents.

#15 ·
I like it as well. I think Polaris spent more on this model than Harley spent on there whole line up for the year. I'm a Harley fan but I think the competition is out doing them at the moment. Polaris has deep pockets and is making a great bike for the short time it's been in the motorcycle business. The make the Harley Street look like crap and it's not much more money.
What really annoys me is the Twin Cam has been around 15 years and it's not bullet proof yet. I'm not aware of any issues with Indian power plant.

#16 ·
I like it as well. I think Polaris spent more on this model than Harley spent on there whole line up for the year. I'm a Harley fan but I think the competition is out doing them at the moment. Polaris has deep pockets and is making a great bike for the short time it's been in the motorcycle business. The make the Harley Street look like crap and it's not much more money.
What really annoys me is the Twin Cam has been around 15 years and it's not bullet proof yet. I'm not aware of any issues with Indian power plant.
Too early to have many reported problems (probably 10,000 sold so far) as it's only been out a year but loud top end with some having been replaced, a couple guys were given new replacement bikes due to engine problems and electrical problems are a few being reported. No motorcycle is perfect except on the internet.

And Polaris at first said the prototype bike was the new Victory water cooled bike but later changed it to the Indian Scout.

I like it.

#17 ·
I like it. You can bet Harley is more than a little concerned. That will steal Sportster sales for sure, probably Dyna's too. I'm sure it's aimed at the 25 to 40 year old crowd that Harley's been after for years. That's not a shot across the bow, it's a direct hit.

#19 ·
Originally posted by nutdriverss
They make the Harley Street look like crap and it's not much more money.
I'm inclined to agree. I'm certainly not in the market for an Indian Scout, but it looks better than a Harley Street model to me. The thing that would make me think twice about buying one would be questions about the survivability of the Indian brand once again. I do hope this incarnation of Indian does survive.

#21 ·
I see a future with the Scout .. Even though Water Cooled, at 558 lbs Wet with The kind of Horsepower (100) and Torque (72) Delivered think Polaris has got a Winner for $11,000 .. Time will Tell ..

#22 ·
Matches up better with the original V Rod than the Sportie. Weight is only about 70lbs less( Aluminum frame?) Lean angles are pretty close,std forward controls. Skinnier rear,fatter front tire. Price is the big difference. For my money, I'd take the V rod. Did,actually. Styling wise, I like the Vrod much better, even the Muscle.

#25 ·
It all boils down to what suits you and makes you happy. I feel good riding my Harley so I will hang on to it. If I felt as good riding an Indian or Victory then I would probably have one of them, but that ain't gonna happen.
All these bikes get compared to a Harley, so why not just own a Harley.

#28 · (Edited)
I'm not sure Johnny Hipster would prefer the Scout over the Street. Big, as in huge, price difference. Johnny Biker Wannabe will definitely prefer the Scout, but the market to capture today is Johnny Hipster in North America and Europe. My guess is he'll go for the Street. Posters here keep thinking buyers will be viewing bikes through the eyes of old, fat, white guys or Gixxer operators. Not so much for either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.