V-Twin Forum banner

Street Glide owners thread

740K views 1K replies 560 participants last post by  Alan S 
#1 ·
Really like the other Owners Threads, great idea.

So please show us your Street Glides......

For starters, here is mine

#2 ·
Great looking bike!!!

Quick question....

Where did you get that black plug that you have on your rear fender to cover the bolt?

(It's the one under your Cyclevisions Plate)

Let me know, cause I've got to get rid of the H-D Logo on my Road Glide.

Thanks.

#3 ·
vrod-NYC said:
Great looking bike!!!

Quick question....

Where did you get that black plug that you have on your rear fender to cover the bolt?

(It's the one under your Cyclevisions Plate)

Let me know, cause I've got to get rid of the H-D Logo on my Road Glide.

Thanks.
Thanks!

Its the original plug which was under the license plate. So you should be able to get it from your friendly HD stealer as a direct replacement for your HD - logo.

#6 ·
Only pics I have are the ones I took day it got home. Doesn't even look close to that anymore.
Tried to upload pics but we can only put the same pic in 1 post. (WHY?)

Will just have to wait for a couple of weeks when it is done and back together.

#7 ·
brust60 said:
Thanks!

Its the original plug which was under the license plate. So you should be able to get it from your friendly HD stealer as a direct replacement for your HD - logo.

Thanks!

Gotta love the stealer, (crooks my friend...crooks)

Ride Safe

#10 ·
89TTA/95TA Vert, Where did you get that black headlight ring? Did you paint the stocker or is it aftermarket? Also what seat is that? I am looking for a new seat from mine and haven't decided on whether to get a solo or a shallower two-up and keep the stocker for when the GF wants to ride.

#11 ·
89TTA/95TA Vert,

great looking bike, very classy!

what handle bar is this?

#12 ·
Here is my Street Glide, recently dyno'd at 95 HP. I have since added chrome master cylinder, braided clutch and throttle cables, front brake line, HD sundowner seat and swith off to a Corbin solo seat. This bike handles great, and runs very well. Next up is the S&S 52mm throttle body to match my heads. If you own a touring bike, ditch the stock air temp gauge, and add the oil temp gauge, now at the HD dealer in black, silver and SE styles!

#14 ·
jmorton10 said:
Not exactly a SG(I built it in 04, the year before the SG came out), but pretty close.........

118 HP 10.5 compression/Underground Head/Woods cam motor(since that pic, I replaced the exhaust with a Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1)

~John
Looks great! Your bike qualifies as the mother of street glides.

#16 ·
I picked up my new black SG on Monday. I am havy problems uploading a picture so it will have to follow when I am more patient.

It does need a taller windshield, but other than that I'm happy

#18 ·
I tried again to upload my SG pic. It worked this time.

Off to the dyno this weekend

#21 ·
My Sleeoer

Well this is my Lil Sleeper, Just love to play with the young kids at the red light lol. Booggerbe

#25 ·
S/G passenger pads/pegs help????

I know it is uncooth to make my first post a cry for help so

Hello... Glad to be here !!!

Now to the hard part

Just picked up a 2005 FLHTCPI and it has no rear pegs.. Bike has been converted to a street glide in appearence right down to the radio.

Wondering if anyone has a set of stock ( doesn't need to be chrome) rear pegs or footpads that will work. The bike has a stripper type seat so anyone that gets on baxk there better have a small A**.

The dealer is saying $300 for something that works, and although I am just getting back into riding, I think they need to face reallity.

Any Ideas, and by the way

Thanks for all your existing posts, really helped me decide on what I was looking for !

Joe

#26 ·
brust60 said:
Really like the other Owners Threads, great idea.

So please show us your Street Glides......

For starters, here is mine
is that the cyclevisions license/turn signal on there? my girl has that on her rk plus the new square bag lites they have come out with

do you still have your roadking?

how do you like the sg compared to the roadking? im in limbo of gettin rid of my rk for either a sg or a road glide

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.