HELP radio not working on Road glide : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2006, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

hammmitc wants to know Dino or Syn?
HELP radio not working on Road glide

To all:

my radio on my road glide just stopped working, can't find anything wrong with it. The speakers work, connected another radio to them, no problem there. The radio powers up, goes to what ever channel I want, you can see the volume going up and down on the display but nothing comes out of the speakers. Any ideas, I pulled the front fairing off, all connections look good, checked all of the fuses. Am I buying another radio?
thanks in advance
hammmitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

dcman27 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ok couple things to do. One is to check to see if your bike has a speaker selection switch next to the ignition key (cant remember if the road glide has this). If you do have the switch be sure it is in the correct position. The other thing you can do is reset the radio. Now I do not have my manual with me so this will be somewhat trial and error for you. The steps are to start with the ignition turned off. Hold down two buttons on the radio (this is what I cant remember what two so you will have to experiment). With the two bottons held down turn on ignition. The radio screen will go to diagnostic mode. You cycle through the menu till you find reset and from there reset the radio.
These are the steps I would take from the start. With no luck after this then it is a more detailed senerio. One final note. Radio sound who makes the radio allows you to send it in for any repair for arround 100 dollars.
dcman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

2006_RoadGlide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sounds to me like the speaker switch on the console.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

shoveler wants to know Dino or Syn?
try a tape or CD. If they show working but no sound, could be volume control wires. How about antena connection?

What did you last do modifing anything else? If you added something like led's, start there.
shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

joeschmoe wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_RoadGlide
Sounds to me like the speaker switch on the console.
I second that!!! It is probably the switch!!!!
108.7 HP and 112.9 ft-lbs
VFC Controller
http://www.lcdrt.com/motorcycles/Vision/vp1166607_1_large.jpg
2007 Harley Nightster (Bar Hopper)
SOLD 2006 RoadGlide
joeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement