Road Glide owners thread : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Soar like an Eagle

Road Glider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Road Glide owners thread

This is a thread we can use to discuss all things related to the Road Glide. There is a little about me and my RG in the photo album link in my signature below. So you guys with RG's post here and post often. Let's see what you got.

Ride proud and ride safe,

Road Glider

May you have a day with the wind in your face and the rest of the world be at your back.

Last edited by Road Glider; 04-28-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Road Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

2006_RoadGlide wants to know Dino or Syn?
RoadGlide Thread

That Pearl Yellow is a beautiful color. I like your ride.
Man it's about time someone started one just for us. I wish there was a nation wide club for RoadGlide owners.
OK, here's mine. A 2006 Deep Cobalt, lowered front and rear, color matched chopped tour trunk (detatchable), color matched inner fairing, chrome drivers area (mini apes, controls, switches and caps, mirrors etc) Chrome rotors, calipers, hardware, upper fork covers and lower sliders. Stainless Russell brake line kit. Chrome windshield. Short passenger sissy bar with small pad and luggage rack (detatchable). Riders back rest and much more I'm forgetting.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Soar like an Eagle

'06 RG, nice bike. That painted inner fairing really sets that bike apart from the others. Do you usually run with that shorty sheild? I put one of those on my '02 RG for a while and liked it but only when wearing my full face helmet for anything other than a hope around town. Nice pics.

May you have a day with the wind in your face and the rest of the world be at your back.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Just a kid at heart

wydeglyde wants to know Dino or Syn?
Great idea, Here's a pic of mine with the trunk. I love the looks of the painted inner fairing as well, hope to do mine soon. Even though my nickname is wydeglyde don't worry. wyde is for my 97 dyna wide glide and the glyde is for my 05 Roadglide.

Here's one without the trunk and my new S&S stainless ovals

btw, the second pic was taken this weekend after a ride. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Here's a pic of my wideglide

Last edited by wydeglyde; 01-17-2006 at 05:20 PM.
wydeglyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

2006_RoadGlide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up The RoadGlide, H-D's best kept secret

Thanks guys for the compliments. I appreciate it. 2 nice looking Pearl Yellow Glides. How about that, and to have a nice wide glide too.
As for the shorty windshield. I don't usually run one that short. I've been riding here lately when the temps are 50+. It's pretty cold with it but I just got it and like the looks of it so had to check it out. It's getting quite a few comments on the street too. I'll probably go back to the standard here soon until it really warms up. I've always felt that the RoadGlide was just a little different than anything else being offered. You'll see hundreds of Electra Glides, Fat Boys etc and only see a couple of FLTR's. Nothing wrong with those other models. I've owned Night Trains and Electra Glides and liked them all. I just like the Roady a little better.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

adlerx wants to know Dino or Syn?
Here's the best pic i could find of mine without people. She's an 01 and I love her. Obviously the fastest posted so far, she's Black!

Anyhow, I got the motor straightned out at 100/100+ so now I am gonna start working on the cosmetics, i gotta have a project going all the time...

All chrome front end including controls brakes and rotors, custom wheels paint, etc, etc on the way. Figure I'll spend the rest of my time on this earth making her purtyer...

Last edited by adlerx; 01-17-2006 at 06:09 PM.
adlerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Soar like an Eagle

Adlrex, what are the specs on that motor to get you to 100/100. Very good numbers indeed. Like the V&H propipe. I had that pipe on my '02 RG, no question the 2 into 1 make the power.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Soar like an Eagle

Wideglide, your are one fortunate fellow, two nice scooters there.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
LAF
Nice to ride again :-)

LAF wants to know Dino or Syn?
Here is my 05, Black Pearl, and I have to say I am still in love

Most of my work has been motor with a few cosmetics and comforts. Mustang Seat/Progressive 440 HD/ Sony/Infinity Kappa Stereo/Short Tour Pac with Luggage Rack/True Duels/Metzler 880/ Doherety Power Pack and Cover/True View Shield, Tint, Short/Road Dawg Leather Lowers/ISO Grips, Highway Rider Pegs/Front Floating Rotors/Heritage Bars/Girder Extended Brake Pedal, Shift Rod.

As we all know we ride the top of the food chain

And now that Black one is the second fastest color here

Look how fast it is sitting still

Last edited by LAF; 01-17-2006 at 08:47 PM.
LAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Just a kid at heart

wydeglyde wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks, I have a great Mrs. that understands. She can't drive anymore due to a health issue so we sold her sporty and bought the Roadglide so we can 2up. She still loves riding.

I thought I would split time between the bikes 50/50 but so far it has been 90/10 for the RG! The dyna has an 80" putting out 92 hp / 97tq and is fun to ride, but 9 times out of 10 when I walk into the garage its the RG I jump on.

I've demo'd the RG's for the last 3-4 years and loved them so much I kept telling people they should try one. After I got mine and told a lot of folks how much I love it there have been quite a few sold here. Instead of an average of 1 or 2 per year, they have sold 5 or 6.

Word is definitely getting out.
wydeglyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Soar like an Eagle

LAF, glad you found this thread. Your RG is very nice indeed. Black Pearl looks good on her.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Yet another 43 Double D

joediver wants to know Dino or Syn?
Good idea

Great idea and some mighty fine looking bikes, I've personalized mine a bit and have a set of fullsacs on the way, decided that I wanted to hear the radio after all...
2006 FLTRI Vivid Black & Silver - SE 103TC build, SE 258 Cam, SERT, SE Hi output starter, lowers, detachable ultra tour pak w/locks, and comfort saddlebag guards; Mustang plain solo seat (w/ backrest) and wide pillon; Kuryakyn Iso grips, Iso highway pegs, turn signal mirrors, and saddle shields; Supertrapp 2:1 Supermegs; Garmin 2730; with RAM Mount ; Variable Pressure Clutch; Harleycomforts 3.25" tourpak relocator; DC 43 timing cover and Metzler 880's
My Gallery
joediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Soar like an Eagle

Wydeglyde, I like going 2 up on my RG also. Just more fun to take the wife along or my son or my Sister in law.

Last edited by Road Glider; 04-28-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Soar like an Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joediver
Great idea and some mighty fine looking bikes, I've personalized mine a bit and have a set of fullsacs on the way, decided that I wanted to hear the radio after all...
Man I am with you there. You will like the fullsacs. Which baffle did you go with? I went with the 2".

Old 01-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
LAF
Nice to ride again :-)

LAF wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Glider
LAF, glad you found this thread. Your RG is very nice indeed. Black Pearl looks good on her.
Thank you.

You know I love all the colors on the RG'S, they are just stunning bikes all the way around.

I agree the word is getting out and you do see more on the roads.

I will have this one until I die for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement