Electra Glide owners thread - Page 98 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson Touring
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #1456 (permalink)
IronButt

cardboard wants to know Dino or Syn?
These are Badd Ass.
And they work with both bottles and cans

http://www.chillingthemost.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ivhP38wUM

2011 Ultra Limited

cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #1457 (permalink)
N.R.A.

Vettely wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottq60 View Post
An aftermarket company makes one too....probably cheaper...I bought one for my Ultra, from Amazon for ~$40 - the "Show Chrome King Kooler"...works well and holds lots of drinks/ice.
How well does this work? My saddle bags get darn warm inside due to the exhaust pipes.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #1458 (permalink)
FNG :)

MILLWRIGHT1968 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I guess i am very lucky i bought my 2002 electraglide classic in july it had 1001422 mile when i bought it i paid 5200 for it about 300 miles later i ran over some wood in the road and it went through the oil cooler and the motor blew.my insurance agent informed me that it was covered.i got a reman motor dealing with my dealer clayton county harley was a nightmare but after 9 weeks i got it back so for 5200 dollars i have my dream bike thanks to state farm
MILLWRIGHT1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #1459 (permalink)

MILLWRIGHT1968 wants to know Dino or Syn?
So i do have a question i am a smaller guy and was woundering if lowering the bike will make it easier to handle when i am moving the bike
MILLWRIGHT1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #1460 (permalink)

rdromero wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottq60 View Post
An aftermarket company makes one too....probably cheaper...I bought one for my Ultra, from Amazon for ~$40 - the "Show Chrome King Kooler"...works well and holds lots of drinks/ice.
Good to see you have a 2012 Ultra, like me. Amazon shows that the Show Chrome King Cooler only fits bikes up to 2010, but that must be old info. I assume the saddlebags haven't changed much, if any, since 2010.
rdromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #1461 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLWRIGHT1968 View Post
So i do have a question i am a smaller guy and was woundering if lowering the bike will make it easier to handle when i am moving the bike
It's hard to say without knowing your specifics, but in general from what I've experienced and read --- YES.

I'm 5'7" with a 29 inch inseam and had my Ultra lowered in front and back because I wasn't flat footed before lowering. I'm also going to send my seat in to a company that change the padding and lower it a little bit more. I figured the closer I can be to the ground, the more secure I am when coming to a stop. But I've seen plenty of people riding around who are not flat footed when they come to a stop.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #1462 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

scottq60 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettely View Post
How well does this work? My saddle bags get darn warm inside due to the exhaust pipes.
I think it works GREAT! I had it in my right saddlebag all day (at least 8 hours) and still had ice and ice-cold drinks when I got home and emptied it. WELL worth it, IMO.

scottq60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #1463 (permalink)

r.rimshot wants to know Dino or Syn?
Can't figure out how to post a pic...

Workin on it.

Last edited by r.rimshot; 10-30-2012 at 03:04 PM.
r.rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1464 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

ucbruce wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
Fritzhog Could you please write me out a few lines and explain about not needing a download if all you do is slip ons. I was thinking about the SE touring slip ons for a 2012 FLHTK, not so much for a performance gain as for the sound but would this not make the borderline lean burn condition worse? If I can skip the air cleaner and download I am happy with this but if you could just explain it to me a bit - the back-story on this- I'd appreciate it. thanks! Bone
If you just do slipon's there is no need to remap. If you do what most folks do, and change the intake as well so the engine can breath, you need to remap. Not only will you get the sound you are looking for but a significant HP & TQ bump as well. Harley has these engines severly detuned and lean running due to the EPA and other factors. That's why 90% of Harley owners redo their intake and exhaust systems right away, many before they even leave the dealership.

2011 FLHTK
SE 103 Stage IV Upgrade
SE Pro Super Tuner
SE Heavy Breather
Yellow Band High Flow Injectors
V&H Power Duals
Rush Slip-ons
ucbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #1465 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Bone wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbruce View Post
If you just do slipon's there is no need to remap. If you do what most folks do, and change the intake as well so the engine can breath, you need to remap. Not only will you get the sound you are looking for but a significant HP & TQ bump as well. Harley has these engines severly detuned and lean running due to the EPA and other factors. That's why 90% of Harley owners redo their intake and exhaust systems right away, many before they even leave the dealership.
I did slip-ons on my Dyna before delivery, then a few years later did the air cleaner and re-jet - the dealer mech did such a super job jetting the carb I had to go back and thank him personally - it has run so well ever since that I have never even considered further engine upgrades, although I had thought about a 6-speed on occasion.

I rented a FLHC with 103 last year and I was pretty impressed but that was just a couple days. I did not notice any drivability issues with it such as pinging or surging and it was really hot too those two days, well into the 100's. Renting it is what made me decide to by one, but I had done no prior research, and was not aware of the heat issues, off idle stumbling, and other issues some have mentioned. I immediately fell in love with 6th gear!

But now with the Limited being mine, and being new to fuel injection, I am in information gathering mode, and so I appreciate the advice. I may even take delivery as is and ride it a bit just to get a feel for it before I go further

Plus I am seriously pinching pennies here.

Again thanks for the info. Cheers!
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #1466 (permalink)

All this talk about stage 1 upgrades has me curious. Since so many people do that to their bike I guess there must be some benefit.

Honestly I haven't paid attention when I've heard it in the past. I didn't do anything to my heritage like that but now that I upgraded to an Ultra I guess I'll look into it.

It looks like you guys are going to cost me some money
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #1467 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

dbrow6272 wants to know Dino or Syn?
GEZZER-GLIDE How are those S&S cams? I have a 2008 FLHTCU with Woods TWG8 cams in it and I am getting rid of it. The noise from these cams is UNBEARABLE. I am now getting into a 2010 FLHTCU bone stock 96 ci. I would like to "tune" it up a little so air first. Better air cleaner, pipes and cam.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #1468 (permalink)

stevengaa wants to know Dino or Syn?
Great posts for the EG's here is mine. I have a 2006 with a 2 into 1 exhaust by D&D.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #1469 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

trmat79 wants to know Dino or Syn?
hey guys I just got a brand new 2013 EG Limited this weekend. 200 miles on her so far and I love it!! I will probably see about getting a detachable tour pak kit. Not sure if it is something I can do myself or I have to take into the dealer to do. All in all I love this bike. I traded in my 08 VRCSDX believe it or not and I love that I made the swap. The wife is much happier and I love cranking out the tunes and cruising. I'll post some pics soon.
trmat79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #1470 (permalink)
IronButt

coastie56 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I'm also interested in the detachable tour pack kit. Anybody else got one? Where do you unplug the coax on a Ultra? Any pics? BTW- Millwright lowering the bike does help and a rider backrest makes it much easier to back up the bike, especially when two up. The guy I bought mine from was shorter and when he told me why he put it on I was surprised as I hadn't heard of that before. I'm not tall either so I tried it and it's much easier when you are pushing back with your hips and back, as in more leverage.

Last edited by coastie56; 11-24-2012 at 08:56 AM.
coastie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement