V-Twin Forum banner

Need suggestions - helmet/sound/stereo RGS

621 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TaylorMcStrat 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently traded my 2012 TG for a sweet 2015 RGS. Would value your advice on my "riding experience".

I used to ride the TG with a half helmet and stock windscreen. Loved having Sirius/XM on while on the highway. Lots of fresh air with clean radio sounds at speed with the stock HK radio set-up.

Riding home from the dealer on my new RGS, the wind tried to rip my helmet off and made for an uncomfortable ride. With the stock fingernail windscreen, I decided it was time for full-face helmet. Checked out lots of options and went with a Shoei NeoTec helmet. Now I have a decidedly different riding experience, and sadly, for all the improved performance and joy of riding of the RGS, the helmet/radio combo sucks.

The helmet is comfortable and I feel safe. However, the RGS - even with the fancy-schmancy 6.5GT "infotainment" system upgrade actually provides me LESS options than the old HK set-up on the TG. No Sirius/XM available on this one. Two speakers and unless I hook up an iPod, I am forced to listen to crappy FM stations. With the helmet chin guard locked down, the radio sounds like crap even cranked to the max at only 50 mph.

I am bummed that I spent all that money for the upgrades and feel like I am riding a 70's Sportster instead of a top-of-the-line touring bike.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.