V-Twin Forum banner

Tri-Glide saddlebags

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dwood 
#1 · (Edited)
Saw these recently on a Tri-Glide. Was told they sell for $350.00 complete, and no drilling holes in your fenders, these are secured with industrial Velcro. Sure beats the hell out of HD's $425.00 saddlebags plus 2hrs ($160.00) to DRILL HOLES in your fenders.

Going to do a little research.

8~\o

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought the Harley bags for my 2014 Tri Glide. Expensive . . . yes. Sorta flimsy feeling . . . absolutely.

I installed them myself and 'yes' it took several hours to do it right. They provide templates for drilling but care must be taken to be certain that when finished the bags are not crooked. Frankly I would never trust a HD employee to install them with the same care I did.

NOW: after bad-mouthing them in the first paragraph I have to say that they were one of the most useful additions I have made to my trike. They don't hold much . . . but are handy to get small items in and out of while on the road.

Yes you have to drill the area between the fenders and the body. A total of 10 holes are needed. Despite the cheap feeling of the bags themselves, the mounting hardware is first rate.

The bags you mention might be great. Have never seen them. But I highly recommend the HD ones despite the cost.

DON

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.