V-Twin Forum banner

Installed my new MGS Duals ... WOW!

941 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ripsass 
#1 · (Edited)
So after trying some Screamin-Beagle slip-on's and still being thoroughly disappointed I came across a deal from a forum member on the system I'd really been wanting anyway. An MGS true-dual system.

They had been used for just a couple months on a 12-13 SG and were in perfect cond, as new still. Score!

I installed them yesterday and can say that MGS makes an EXCELLENT product, their quality and fit is top notch. With the only exception being that the right muffler was kissing the rear axle bolt and required a little "ball-peen radiusing" (just a little dent the size of a quarter and 3/8" deep on the back side that isn't seen).

Upon firing up I was blown away by the sound. Holy sh!t does it sound amazing!
At idle and light cruizing it's almost just like stock sounding with a little deeper tone, but crack the throttle and all hell breaks loose. Like wake up the neighbors, in the town next door... It sounds MEAN!
After checking to see that I could still enjoy the stereo (which I could) I shut that thing off and rode around about 2 hours punishing the thing so I could enjoy the sound of the MGS duals.

And FYI I noticed an immediate power increase and better running after getting rid of the catted exhaust system. Much cooler running and it didn't go into the cylinder cut-off mode once on me yesterday and it was in the high 70's. Before it would go into that mode in the mid-60's if ridden hard.

Anyone looking to try an exhaust system that's something different than the 2:1's and V&H's/Rineharts everyone always goes with, I think you'd like these as they also make a "quite" baffle for them too I believe.
Can't beat the quality and sound of these IMO.

See less See more
#3 ·
A week in and I still love them just as much! Can't recommend them enough, but I will caution that I know some don't like it as loud as I do. These are loud indeed, but I believe MGS offers a quieter baffle design as an option?

Getting that stock/catted head pipe off was the best thing I've done since buying the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.