V-Twin Forum banner

Moving to Cary North Carolina

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  LE PEW 
#1 ·
Hi everyone ! I am moving to Cary North Carolina, and would like to know if there are any harley dealers, or private shops in the surounding area.
Thanks, any info would be helpfull
Dsoll2

#3 ·
I found Ray Price HD in Raleigh NC and Rommel HD in Durham NC on the Harley Davidson Ride Planner.

#5 ·
Welcome to Cary, You're not gonna find a better dealer than Ray Price for selection of bikes, gatherings, events, etc. Wait till you see the bike fest they put on the end of summer in downtown Raleigh. Like 100,000 plus bikes show up. There is also Rommel HD in Durham which is good too. I live in Cary for the last 2 yrs. So I'm still learning the area but it sure is nice riding year round..... ;-)

#7 ·
Well, at least you're doing it the right way. North Carolina law requires that all persons entering the state from northern areas, spend a minimum of 6 weeks in Cary before migrating to other locales within the state and attend welcoming classes. You do know what CARY stands for, right?
CONTAINMENT AREA for the RE-EDUCATION of YANKEES......lol

Welcome and enjoy the state

#10 ·
lol I like that I haven't heard that yet, probably because I'm a yankee. ;-) I wonder what the clause states for Indians? about 3/5 houses in my neighborhood. Some of them also moving down from up north, double whammy. I'm still wondering when I'm going to meet someone that grew up here.

#9 ·
In MY perference order... (others will place differently)
Shelton's Smithfield/ Rocky Mount HD, Rommell's Durham Private shops include D&Q in Angier....

It really depends on what you want done...

Cary is known to stand for "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees"....but then
Clayton is "Cary Like Area, Yankees Taking Over Next"

LOL... it's all in good fun.....Unlike when I moved here from NJ... there is good food in almost every town...
You'll love the weather... even with this COLD blast... it will be in the 50's by next week end.
Good weather... great roads... but GAWD-awful drivers... be careful

#11 ·
Aint that a hoot!! Seems like a mass exodus leaving NJ.

The only dealer in NC I've ever dealt with is Carolina Coast HD. No complaints here.

I'm hoping to be out of NJ and in NC before the end of this year if the governor doesn't shut the roads down on me. :laugh:
I'll be relocating to the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area. Cant wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.